Detumescence Therapy of Human Scalp for Natural Hair Regrowth

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTB, there's no problem with you being skeptic about dermarolling. Problem is your certainties. There's no reason to be certain of anything here.

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of "false hope"? Hope is not always a good thing.
Man... oh man, do you have this kind of attitude in life? You will really not get far anywhere with such rotten expectations. Do you know that the placebo effect alone accounts for more than 40% of positive results obtained in medical treatments, sometimes it is in the high 60s... meaning a single non-rotten positive attitude can make a night and day difference, this is not a new age crackpot thing, this is documented again and again and again in all medical literature...

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...2012/April/putting-the-placebo-effect-to-work

Expectations appear to have a lot to do with the effect. If an intervention is believed to help a condition, a certain percentage of people who receive it will experience some benefit. How large a percentage varies tremendously and depends on the condition, the strength of belief, the subjectivity of the response, and many other factors. The placebo effect may also have an element of psychological conditioning: once someone benefits from an intervention, the person starts to associate that intervention with a benefit. The association, and therefore the benefit, may get stronger with additional exposures to the intervention.

The placebo treatment was sham acupuncture, which involves the use of needles that, unbeknownst to the patient, retract into their handles instead of penetrating the skin. The placebo effect of the sham acupuncture needles was impressive: 44% of those treated with just the sham needles reported relief from their IBS problems. When sham acupuncture was combined with attentive, empathetic interaction with the acupuncturist, the placebo effect got even larger, with 62% reporting relief from their IBS woes.

Sometimes treatments can be judged by both objective and subjective outcomes, and a Harvard study published in 2011 in The New England Journal of Medicine showed that the placebo effect may influence one and not the other. This small study compared the response of 39 people with asthma to albuterol, an inhaled bronchodilator that's commonly used to treat asthma, with two different inactive treatments, a placebo inhaler and sham acupuncture. Albuterol was much more effective than both the placebo inhaler and the sham acupuncture when an objective test of lung function, called FEV1, was used to measure the response of the asthmatic study volunteers. But when the study volunteers were asked about their symptoms and perceived improvement in their asthma, albuterol and the placebos performed equally well.

Research is showing that the placebo effect often seems to be associated with objective changes in brain chemistry.

Dr. Ted Kaptchuk, director of the Harvard placebo program, and colleagues have conducted "open-label" placebo studies, in which patients were told they were taking a placebo and that the placebo effect is powerful. In one small study of IBS patients, Dr. Kaptchuk and his colleagues found that an open-label placebo still produced a placebo effect and was about 20% more effective than no treatment.

And by the way, this is not from a crackpot new-age website, this is from one of best (if not the best) medical school in the history of humanity, Harvard medical school for god's sake. See what they are finding more and more? A rotten attitude will get you nowhere, not surprising you are still a norwood 5 and have not made the slightest progress, EVER, guess what will happen after you have your 1 trillion grafts of whatever you are planning to do next... don't drop the attitude and you will slowly creep back to norwood 5 for reasons that are simply beyond your limited knowledge...

What seems to be, is, to those to whom it seems to be, and is productive of the most dreadful consequences to those to whom it seems to be, even of torments, despair and eternal death - William Blake, Jerusalem

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
There is no use talking to Fred, he has the same mentality as Joe from Staten Island. If it didn't work for me, then it doesn't work, I don't care about others claims, mine is the only that counts on any forum.

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course, after my hair transplants where the transplanted hairs have been shown to last a lifetime, I will go back to NW5, because I'm pessimistic.
In what wonderland are you living in, Alice? Last a lifetime? you mean hair transplant clinic shills repeating this nonsense over and over or was it in some forum specifically pushing such clinics you stumbled upon... you have watched the Bosley commercial one too many times...

http://www.glamzzle.com/rooney-wants-his-30000-back-on-failed-hair-transplant.html

The pictures show Rooney’s poor head condition coming back right where it all started and in this kind of condition; Rooney also didn’t appreciate being captured by the tabloids camera.

Between, he has enough money to get doctors to use his buttcrack as donor area...

@Bombarie: ja, heel dom

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of course, after my hair transplants where the transplanted hairs have been shown to last a lifetime
This guy has to be a troll or parody of some sorts. Nobody can really be this stupid and selective in their beliefs. Dismissing any scientific study thrown at them, but instead actually believing hair transplant clinics' ads. This cant be for real.

Helios

Reaction score
There are people that were diagnosed with cancer, doctors gave them a a few months to live. Yet, they never gave up hope they found something to cure it. And know what? They found something to cure it, against the doctors odds that the only remedy was chemo. So you can be pessimistic how much you want, but in the end where there's is a will, there's is a way. Some people would just gave up and die, while others fight till the very end.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
How many people recover from cancer vs. baldness? I want to see hard numbers!

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
2% of people recover from cancer in general I think.

Your statistics regarding cancer are completely out of touch with official data. Even the worst type of cancer still has better survival rate and the least lethal (prostate cancer) has nearly 99% survival. Seriously, could you leave this forum and stay on the Impact section as you suggested yourself?

today

Reaction score
I bought a silicone rolling pin with rotating handles and i am waiting for it to arrive next week. I was able to flatten the bumps on my scalp with my finger tips using pressure but thought a silicone rolling pin would be the next step to better results and much easier + quicker to do as well.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
This chinese study is ridiculous but idea is kinda intriguing. Any updates from the guys practising it??

I bought a silicone rolling pin with rotating handles and i am waiting for it to arrive next week. I was able to flatten the bumps on my scalp with my finger tips using pressure but thought a silicone rolling pin would be the next step to better results and much easier + quicker to do as well.

--what bumbs on your scalp?? yea.. using some kind of "tool" makes sense.

Manoko

Reaction score
I am really interested in giving this a try, there is a lot of optimism around this technique on other forums, and I quite like the idea that we could solve this issue manually, without the aid of chemicals.
Anyone here really understood the method ? Frankly this is quite vague to me, is it simply pinching the scalp really hard two times a day for 20 minutes ?

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in giving this a try, there is a lot of optimism around this technique on other forums, and I quite like the idea that we could solve this issue manually, without the aid of chemicals.
Anyone here really understood the method ? Frankly this is quite vague to me, is it simply pinching the scalp really hard two times a day for 20 minutes ?

Maybe you should go to immortal-hair, I don't kow if the technique works or not... but it seems like almost nobody in here is trying it... so I don't think anyone can help you here... while I know there are a lot of guys trying it on that forum...

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score

The 'study' this is based on is bunk.

B

bappenlabapp

Massage is doing a lot for me, don´t be too quick to judge it as nonsense. I have regrowth at around 1 cm now in my temple area and in front of my slightly receded hairline with a withd of up to 1.5 cm. I only started around 8 weeks ago so the results of are certainly only a part of what is to come. I hope the hairs do turn terminal, but at their speed of growth I think they might as well.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i also have started very strong massage on my norwood area. what i experience is same effect as with wounding. my skin stays purple after massage for 48h while from wounding for like 4-5 days. for sure it increases micro vascularization. i can see stimulated pilis muscle wider hair diameter and less oily. :)

it is definetaly an add on now.