Dermatologist Said “use Minoxidil For 3 Months And Then Stop”

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the logic behind it? She said use it for 3 months and then stop wtf.Is it because i am 19?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Female derms don't know sh*t about male pattern baldness . Doing as she advised would definitely cause more harm than good.

Frankw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Derm doesn't know what she is talking about. Get a new doctor.

Once you start minoxidil you have to continue using it so long as you want to benefit from it. Stop and all gains/maintenance/deceleration of male pattern baldness stops as well.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is quite rare to find a dermatologist who actually knows his stuff about hair loss , she probably looked up hair loss drugs said take it for X random time

abcdefg

Reaction score
Female derms don't know sh*t about male pattern baldness . Doing as she advised would definitely cause more harm than good.

Yes. I dont think female derms deal with male pattern baldness a lot, and most women dont go bald so why do they care to learn about it? Look for a derm that mentions hair loss in their conditions they treat to see they deal with it sometimes
Anyhow that is not good advice, but at your age I dont know if finasteride is good idea. minoxidil is worth using, but its a life long treatment.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I dont think female derms deal with male pattern baldness a lot, and most women dont go bald so why do they care to learn about it? Look for a derm that mentions hair loss in their conditions they treat to see they deal with it sometimes
Anyhow that is not good advice, but at your age I dont know if finasteride is good idea. minoxidil is worth using, but its a life long treatment.
Ive been on finasteride since 19, didn't do me any harm.. Still losing my hair though :(

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been to both male and female who knkw f*** all. Most derms are useless with hairloss.

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure she said stop? She didn't maybe say to review after 3 months?
Dude i went 2 times to her.First time sheprescribed me minoxidil and the second time she said “you are young dont use it and if u use it only for 3 months and then stop”.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dude i went 2 times to her.First time sheprescribed me minoxidil and the second time she said “you are young dont use it and if u use it only for 3 months and then stop”.
You need to stick with hair transplant doctors and find out your "master plan". 3 months of minoxidil is not even enough time to get peak results. It takes at least 2 years.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL why even bother go to a dermatologist these days? they know jack sh*t anyways, might aswell get everything online and dodge the headache

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to stick with hair transplant doctors and find out your "master plan". 3 months of minoxidil is not even enough time to get peak results. It takes at least 2 years.

Hey
Can you tell me please why do you think that it takes at least 2 years to see the maximum benefit?Do you think that the improvement can lasts all the time?because this is actually good news...

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey
Can you tell me please why do you think that it takes at least 2 years to see the maximum benefit?Do you think that the improvement can lasts all the time?because this is actually good news...
hair growth is a slow process , minoxidil starts helping hair right away , but you probably need at least 3-4 months before seeing any sign of the hair getting better and about 1 year+ till you can evaluate the result
minoxidil helps for as long as you use it , if you have a mild problem it can help your hair for a lot of years , if your balding is really fast it will probably not help you keep them

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair growth is a slow process , minoxidil starts helping hair right away , but you probably need at least 3-4 months before seeing any sign of the hair getting better and about 1 year+ till you can evaluate the result
minoxidil helps for as long as you use it , if you have a mild problem it can help your hair for a lot of years , if your balding is really fast it will probably not help you keep them
I say that because I have started minoxidil 4 months ago,And my hair is getting better like every 2-3 weeks (thanks god) so if things goes as well as now...in 1 year I might recover from a NW5 (general thinning)...which is very unlikely
Thks for your answer by the way

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say that because I have started minoxidil 4 months ago,And my hair is getting better like every 2-3 weeks (thanks god) so if things goes as well as now...in 1 year I might recover from a NW5 (general thinning)...which is very unlikely
Thks for your answer by the way
If your hair improves after the 4 month thats a good sign man

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey
According to the studies that is what it showed. Just remember you will peak with maximum benefit if you respond well to the treatments. Then hopefully you will maintain. Because these treatments are not a cure, you may start to slowly decline from your peak and reach back to baseline or even below it again or you may be lucky and always stay above baseline for a long time.

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the studies that is what it showed. Just remember you will peak with maximum benefit if you respond well to the treatments. Then hopefully you will maintain. Because these treatments are not a cure, you may start to slowly decline from your peak and reach back to baseline or even below it again or you may be lucky and always stay above baseline for a long time.
Thanks!