Dermaroller/dermastamp/pen/derminator

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started micro needling, for my huge Norwood 3+ hairline.

It's too late, but I told myself, so f*****g what. I'm using a small one, and I'm going to
gradually get a bigger one.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started micro needling, for my huge Norwood 3+ hairline.

It's too late, but I told myself, so f*****g what. I'm using a small one, and I'm going to
gradually get a bigger one.
Any pics of your hairline?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any pics of your hairline?

It won't represent the people who will get gains from dermarolling.

The hair has been dead there between three to eight years, and probably won't
grow back.

There seems to be a lot of positive reviews on the internet though, in general. Everybody I have communicated with says it works.

I will start taking pictures.

But I will only post them if it works.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

grow back.

There seems to be a lot of positive reviews on the internet though, in general. Everybody I have communicated with says it works.

I wouldnt say that. See the diclofenac study, old farts over 70yo with their scarred scalp still got regrowth out of nowhere.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

grow back.

Which dermastamp will you get btw?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Derminator is a piece of sh*t imo. You can watch the depth gauge and see that it takes about 5 seconds in one isolated area to reach 1.5 mm. It also gets stuck in your scalp. So, most of the time it isn't reaching the actual depth, other times it's going to the f*****g hilt and the needles get stuck in your flesh, dislodging them from the base. I'll stick to manual stamps.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldnt say that. See the diclofenac study, old farts over 70yo with their scarred scalp still got regrowth out of nowhere.

I'm seeing the results of using 15% minoxidil after 6 months of use on pretty much slick patch on crown there is quite diffuse but obvious growth, probably brought existing, not evident follicles into growth with thicker, not vellus type hair. So my approach will now be to go to an esthetician that uses a Dermapen and have them do my crown area then apply mino after 24 hrs. Repeat every 5-6 weeks. Taking this approach because the Dermapen is far superior to a home roller. I have a 1mm and have used it several times. The speed and vertical action plus the smoother, accurate needle diameter and length of the Dermapen makes for clean wound and less if any bleeding.

Forgot to mention, used 5% mino for years-no result.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which dermastamp will you get btw?

Right now I am using AUFGELO dermaroller only.

I'm just trying to make the scalp absorb more of the medication I'm using.

If the dermaroller works, I start using a dermastamp as well.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything cheaper?

Not of that nature in the US. There was one mentioned used in the Korean Cellcurin study and I contacted the South Korean manufacturer, but they can't ship to US either. If you're outside the US, I'd look into the Korean one. Don't have the name at the moment.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=853116586

They still list US as eligible country. Ask them maybe. It is probably just a matter of sending it and customs not catching up on it.

I was talking about the microneedle device they used in one of the Korean studies. I did try to buy Cellcurin from the maker pnp biopharma however, they won't ship. That secondary retailer might though. But, I'm letting that go for now and focusing on getting an esthetician with the true Dermapen to 1.5mm needle a patch of my scalp, then apply my mino concoction.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about the microneedle device they used in one of the Korean studies. I did try to buy Cellcurin from the maker pnp biopharma however, they won't ship. That secondary retailer might though. But, I'm letting that go for now and focusing on getting an esthetician with the true Dermapen to 1.5mm needle a patch of my scalp, then apply my mino concoction.

Well, I dont think there is a difference. I assume you wont get the treatment done weekly at that cost or?

When I got like 20something wounding session done I think I am going to get a 2mm dermapen. Should be easier to reach the 1.5mm depth with less work.

Yeah, manufacturers usually wont do that anyways if they arent despaired.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, I have been getting new terminal hair on my hairline, without dermarollong. Not a lot, but my vertex density is really good.

Dermarolling will hopefully fill my temples. I use topical finasteride, latanoprost, minoxidil, and Progesterone.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
grow back.

This is total cliche but staying positive will help you stick to the routine, which is hard to do with wounding.

FWIW wounding took my NW3 to a thin NW2 over the course of a year, with nothing else than the big 3. Adding RU 7.5% 1x/day accelerated this process and brought back some NW1 vellus and NW0 fuzz which had been bare skin for probably 10 years. It's the difference between looking obviously bald to just kind of an awkward haircut, which is a huge gain.

Stay positive... regrowth is possible!

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator is a piece of sh*t imo. You can watch the depth gauge and see that it takes about 5 seconds in one isolated area to reach 1.5 mm. It also gets stuck in your scalp. So, most of the time it isn't reaching the actual depth, other times it's going to the f*****g hilt and the needles get stuck in your flesh, dislodging them from the base. I'll stick to manual stamps.

I'm still pro-Derminator but you're totally right, the depth is not accurate the MFer does get stuck your scalp.

Are the manual stamps hard to use? I feel like manually jamming needles into my skin would suck enough that I would just give up on it.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still pro-Derminator but you're totally right, the depth is not accurate the MFer does get stuck your scalp.

Are the manual stamps hard to use? I feel like manually jamming needles into my skin would suck enough that I would just give up on it.
Wayyyy easier than the derminator. Just think about it man. You isolate one area, stamp it once, then move on. Clean. Easy. Accurate. By the time the derminator is at depth, it's turned that area into f*****g hamburger meat. The thing is an electronic meat tenderizer with needles on the end of it. I would bet the damage from that P.O.S. is FAR greater than a roller.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I actually believe that a wounding solution with laser might be the best option out there. Does someone know somebody who know the technical stuff about laser? Maybe it is possible to manipulate one of the @home hair removal laser for more effective wounding.

We need some discussion about this. There are also ppl already claiming that their laser treatment on the back and so on have been a waste of money, and they claim it even accelerated growth. That guy in the baldtruth thread even claims having tried to sue the Doctor.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25041895 laser wounding seems to lead to fgf9!
http://journals.lww.com/dermatologi...asers_May_Induce_Terminal_Hair_Growth.23.aspx something I cant read lol
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threa...ess-after-ablative-fractional-laser-treatment

THIS IS NOT ABOUT LLLT. THIS IS ABOUT ACTUAL LASER THAT HURTS.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Going from a Norwood three to a Norwood two is no small feat.

Do you only use the Derminator on completely bald areas, or all diffuse areas?

I live in the U.S., and RU isn't sold in Canada or Mexico, otherwise I would use that as well.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I actually believe that a wounding solution with laser might be the best option out there. Does someone know somebody who know the technical stuff about laser? Maybe it is possible to manipulate one of the @home hair removal laser for more effective wounding.

We need some discussion about this. There are also ppl already claiming that their laser treatment on the back and so on have been a waste of money, and they claim it even accelerated growth. That guy in the baldtruth thread even claims having tried to sue the Doctor.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25041895 laser wounding seems to lead to fgf9!
http://journals.lww.com/dermatologi...asers_May_Induce_Terminal_Hair_Growth.23.aspx something I cant read lol
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threa...ess-after-ablative-fractional-laser-treatment

The people who I know that get results from laser use other medications with it, like Finasteride or just Minoxidil.

It seems legitimate, but from the pictures I see it's not in the "big two", it's kind of like a third option if the other two
options aren't working.

I think it's kind of like Minoxidil, it won't get you permanent results on it's own, it needs an anti androgen/ or some
progesterone/estrogen substance to stimulate the vellus hairs to terminal.