Dermaroller/dermastamp/pen/derminator

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been using half a year in dermaroller 1.5. once every two weeks. I realized there were better system for microneedling. What should I use - Dermapen, Dramastamp, Derminator?

I would very much appreciate if anyone could recommend mewhat is better to use for better results. (i am using also minoxidil 24 houers after rolling)
I'm Norwood 6-7 and I've just started a f*****g aggressive regime f*** to get back hair.
thank's all and sorry about my english.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any results so far ? 6 months of deramrolling u should see something.?

Maybe add emu oil after rolling.

I use 1.0mm roller and will go to 1.5mm stamp for less pain ! Do u use numbing cream with 1.5mm roller ?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont use numbing cream. Most local pain killers negatively effect pge2. Cooling is more than enough. Once you went like three times properly over the same area, you get used to the pain either way. But if you cant deal with that, use it anyways.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does derma rolling work at all?
Been using finasteride for almost 2 years and minoxidil for 3. Have still got miniaturized vellus hair all over.

Can derma rolling help?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does derma rolling work at all?
Been using finasteride for almost 2 years and minoxidil for 3. Have still got miniaturized vellus hair all over.

Can derma rolling help?

Well, googling seems not to work for you.

0.2-0.3mm dermaroller for penetration enhancment of topical, no pain
1.5mm bloody fiesta which can lead neogenesis of the hf / yes you also can apply topicals after if you dont react to hard on it

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh thanks @HairCook :)

Bloody fiesta? Well, if it's once a week, I guess I can give it a try at least. How does one avoid infection?
What's the success rate?

As for .2-3 mm, won't .5 work better? Could try that too if it means the minoxidil will work better.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermapen is the best medical grade instrument you can buy in the US and the best overall. Redesigned with new motor a couple years ago. $4,000 tho'. :eek:. You can watch vids on you..be.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermapen is the best medical grade instrument you can buy in the US and the best overall. Redesigned with new motor a couple years ago. $4,000 tho'. :eek:. You can watch vids on you..be.

What? If you get one for a cosmetic salon sure. Otherwise there home usage ones for like 100 bucks, a chinese on amazon for even 30 (you have to replace the head after 1-2 usages though, one head cost euro 1).

I think the electric variant is by far the best. I got the 10 bucks mechanical version, and it is really tiresome.

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any results so far ? 6 months of deramrolling u should see something.?

Maybe add emu oil after rolling.

I use 1.0mm roller and will go to 1.5mm stamp for less pain ! Do u use numbing cream with 1.5mm roller ?

A little growth of a thin fuzz.
I use emu oil, but not after wounding because I do not want to interfere with the inflammation that is created.
i use numbing cream.

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? If you get one for a cosmetic salon sure. Otherwise there home usage ones for like 100 bucks, a chinese on amazon for even 30 (you have to replace the head after 1-2 usages though, one head cost euro 1).

I think the electric variant is by far the best. I got the 10 bucks mechanical version, and it is really tiresome.

can you give me link for that derma pen? thank's.
what do you think about dermastamp and derminator?

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still surprised so many people use the dermaroller even when they know about this:
derma-roller-vs-derma-pen.jpg

Rolling shreds your scalp, probably generating scar tissue. Needling is more precise, gives you the same effect with less damage.

It's been a year and a half, but my research into needle quality concluded that the Derminator's needles were the best quality for the price. The Derminator does suck in a lot of ways, but it's cheap and the needles produce nice clean holes.

Here's a pic from owndoc.com (Derminator's manufacturer) about the damage rollers can do:
540-knives-damage.png

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still surprised so many people use the dermaroller even when they know about this:
View attachment 72962

Rolling shreds your scalp, probably generating scar tissue. Needling is more precise, gives you the same effect with less damage.

It's been a year and a half, but my research into needle quality concluded that the Derminator's needles were the best quality for the price. The Derminator does suck in a lot of ways, but it's cheap and the needles produce nice clean holes.

Here's a pic from owndoc.com (Derminator's manufacturer) about the damage rollers can do:
View attachment 72963
So imma start a regimen with dermaroll all alone in the hairline.since i have a sh*t ton of vellus hair there (some with coloration, others dont) will dermaroll alone help me? Without minoxidil, in case it does, what dermastamp, dermapen should i get? (Cheap if possible) and what protocol should i follow to avoid possible infections + maximized effects?

@HairCook

Last edited:

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wounding isnt complete. People are still looking for ways to complement it. Try it, your hairline should benefit from it but it wont do the big magic on its own (though who knows, maybe you are one of the lucky super responders).

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wounding isnt complete. People are still looking for ways to complement it. Try it, your hairline should benefit from it but it wont do the big magic on its own (though who knows, maybe you are one of the lucky super responders).
Aside from minoxidil what can i add to complete it?
Which one should i get?