Day 1 on avodart.

Stingray

Reaction score
Hope this sh*t works. It was expensive enough! 100 capsules for 237 bucks. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm kinda nervous about it too heh. Cuz it's so much more potent than finasteride. Wish me luck.

G

Stingray said:
Hope this sh*t works. It was expensive enough! 100 capsules for 237 bucks. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm kinda nervous about it too heh. Cuz it's so much more potent than finasteride. Wish me luck.

Good luck dude!

Stingray

Reaction score
Probably should clarify. I was on Merck brand propecia for 6 months with some results, some slowing of hairloss... and Cipla brand Fincar for another 4 months with no results at all. I can see through my family line that male pattern baldness runs REAL strong, so I need a heavy gun in this fight. This is why I switched to avodart.

I will warn all of you newbies thinking about it. DO NOT jump right in to avodart. Start with Propecia. Almost all of the people who will see benefits from DHT inhibition will see them from propecia. Avodart is very potent and will cause side effects in a higher percentage of people than propecia will. I have a pioneering spirit, and like to try things that could potentially be dangerous.

Try if you like, but I am not condoning the use of this drug. I just think that it's what I need to get the results that i want.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
good post stingray, definetely keep us up to date. Many of us are considering doing the same thing.

bombscience

Reaction score
Good luck, I'll be following your results closely as I may follow suit come June.

I had the same propecia reaction. Maybe slowing of loss up until month 6, and then acceleration of loss. Only difference was I didn't switch to fincar.

hopewas

Reaction score
dindt' i hear from somewhere that avodart is a scam and promots false advertising or something?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Good luck Stingray.

I've been on avodart for almost 8 months (.5mg every 2nd day) and I'm happy with the results so far.

Be prepared for some new shedding though, I lost a chunk of hairline density about a month ago but thankfully new hairs are already sprouting.

Slarti

Stingray

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I'm prepared for anything Slart. Nothing can really surprise me anymore heh. I went from awesome hair style to I can't do sh*t about it in literally a couple months last year... so yeah. Here goes nothing.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me know when the d-cups sprout and you start craving hairy asscrack :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Hope it works for you. Keep us posted!

Stingray

Reaction score
Oh that happened months ago V. Where you been? I seen pictures of your ***... mmm. ;)

Kidding :p

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
how strange mr stingray, im going to start taking avodart soon as my propecia is gone.

here's the facts boys and girls, avodart theoretically and practically is a stronger 5 alpha reductase I inhibitor than propecia. avodart is not FDA approved for male pattern baldness but it is FDA approved for fighting BPH, which is exactly what proscar is designed to do.

the half life for avodart is roughly 2 weeks, and unlike propecia which goes into your blood stream immediately, avodart takes about a week to build up.

my advice to you stingray, take avodart once a week (it's cheaper and it's still working much much stronger than propecia taken every day).

during the first week however, take your avodart but keep taking some finasteride until that week is up, so the avodart can build up in your system. this should give you the least amount of side effects while still having maximum effectiveness.

good luck, ill let you guys know what happens with me once i start on it(have about 15-20 more propecia pills left)

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Thanks for the support guys. I'm prepared for anything Slart. Nothing can really surprise me anymore heh. I went from awesome hair style to I can't do sh*t about it in literally a couple months last year... so yeah. Here goes nothing.

hey stingray i had the same experience with my hair - lost so much in about 3-4 months, probably over 30% density. after ur large loss did u keep losing that quickly? or did it die down or what.