David Beckham, now also thinning??

G

Dunno why everybody here say the like Beckham and wish all the best for him. I personally hate the guy, he's a f*****g mediawhore and a mediocre footballer. Sure he can cross and shoot but on the whole he's nothing special, yet he's made more money than anyone else on the pitch.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah, the guys a bit of a retard he in interviews he struggles to mumble a sentence (he has all the charisma of a cabbage) he (or his agent/manager) just cashed in on his looks and the media turned him into a superstar or national icon. If he had started balding aged 20 he'd probably have struggled to even get in the England squad and would'nt have earned 1/10th of the money he has. that might sound cynical but its probably true.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only seen Beckham play about once or twice, but I've read that he's one of the most overrated athletes in sports history. I kind of suspected something was wrong seeing how the supposed best footballer was also the best looking footballer.

But then again, there is Kobe Bryant who lots of ladies find to be one of the best looking nbaers, and yet he's a legit superstar and arguably the best baller in the world.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy if you think Beckham is a mediocre football player. I'm in no way saying he's a great player but he's very good and he's one of the best in the world when it comes to crosses and dead ball situations. Just ask Real Madrid, one of the best clubs in the world, just how good Beckham is. And I don't want to hear any crap about how Madrid hasn't won the title since Beckham arrived because Man Utd haven't won a damn thing until this year since Beckham's departure. By the way, Real Madrid are two games away from winning the title and Beckham has been recalled to England because England have played like complete CRAP without him. Go ahead and knock everything he does off the field but pay attention to a few games before you start knocking him on the field.

s.a.f

Reaction score
We never said he was bad, just overrated especially when you consider that he's by far the most famous and highest paid footballer on the planet.
Ps did'nt he spend most of his time at Real Madrid sat on the bench?

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes he did spend most of his time in the last season on the bench BUT Real's winning streak has coincided with his return to the first team.

Beckham is thinning at the crown, I remember seeing a newspaper about a year or two ago(definately a tabloid) which circled his thinning spot(this was when he had long hair). Never mind Im sure he would look good with whatever happened to his hair whether it be a horseshoe or a shaved head.

G

hell maybe if beckham gets bald and shaves it that becomes a new cool style and everyone would like to be like that. would not be the first time....

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
hell maybe if beckham gets bald and shaves it that becomes a new cool style and everyone would like to be like that. would not be the first time....

Or what if he ends up sporting a nw4+ without shaving it? He'd become my hero if he can pull that off and make it into a popular fashion statement. Then we'd be seeing teenagers shaving their heads into a nw7 pattern :D

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Beckham is a fantastic footballer. Not the best in the world, but a million miles from Mediocre. His place in the England team is in no way a result of having model good looks. He might be thinning a bit at the crown, but his hair still looks pretty decent to me.

G

Wash n' Gone said:
Beckham is a fantastic footballer. Not the best in the world, but a million miles from Mediocre. His place in the England team is in no way a result of having model good looks. He might be thinning a bit at the crown, but his hair still looks pretty decent to me.

Nah, he's very one-dimensional footballer, he lives off his crosses and free kicks. He doesn't have a left foot either and tends to crack under pressure (missing penalties). Thierry Henry was/is from another planet compared to him.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Beckham may be one dimensional but that one dimension is world class and anyone who denies that doesn't know football. Real Madrid were performing horribly when he was out. He comes back into the team, runs around the field like a madman, sets up everyone's goals and Madrid have been on a roll ever since. Beckham gets dropped from England following the World Cup and the team play about as bad as possible for the next year and they are in danger of qualifying for the European championships. What happens? Beckham is recalled and sets up the goal in the friendly against Brazil. Anyone who doesn't see how valuable he is doesn't get football which is usually a low scoring game decided on dead ball situations (Beckham's specialty). Does Beckham's fame mirror his ability? Hell no. But he is a damn good player and a game changer.

I remember back when Beckham shaved his head years ago it was a huge craze in England and Asia and everyone went for the same look. You have to wonder if he started balding he would make it more acceptable because of who he is. Not that I'm wishing he would go bald or anything but it wouldn't hurt to have more famous baldies. :lol:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Copying a shaved head show Beckhams status but he'd be nothing short of a God if he could get kids copying a nw4/5/6 :lol: (cant wait to see how that turns out.

CHL24

Reaction score
Hi remember seeing a documentary on David Beckham when he was really young and his dad is pretty bald like a Norwood 4 + so if you were to assume people take after their male family elders then Beckhams hair may get worse :(

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm guessing if he does go bald his star status will plummet.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends what he looks like with a 0 or 1 buzz cut, or maybe even a shaved head.

Jack Nicholson seemed to have done well with the little hair he has got, same with Zinedine Zidane, Patrick Stewart, Vin Diesel, Billy Zane, Sean Connery,etc

s.a.f

Reaction score
neo1234 said:
s.a.f said:
I'm guessing if he does go bald his star status will plummet.

no he will make bald fashion.

No one on earth is that well admired! :lol: :D

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Ill have to say that Billy Zane was the first person to bring the shaved look to my attention. Before seeing him I had always thought that it looked not right.

Sean Connery looks good and is still rated a sex symbol even though he has a horseshoe and is a pensioner.

SO you never know what will happen.

BUT then again Sean Connery has charisma, David Beckham does not!

Strange Days

Reaction score
Beckham was in the paper today, looks like he has actually got significant thinning in the crown now. I was really surprised.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
overhead pictures in todays paper do show some thinning at the crown but if he grows it out a bit it will not show. He needs to think about meds soon tho if that continues to thin :roll: His haircolour is odd though..hes' sporting a dark beard and his dyed blonde hiar has gone a white grey...