DarklyCharming's Surgery Website

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
best of luck man! don't forget to rock me an email when HM comes out, beers are on me.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks stabone1979 and Trent, all's looking up. Down to a five day countdown until it all goes. Woot.

(Replied to your PM cassin. Hope that helps)

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have decided i am definitely getting my procedure done, not for a few months though. I'm following your progress Darkly as we are having a similar procedure, FUSS, so all my questions should be answered.

Good luck. Your site is looking good. 8)

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Petch. Did you decide to go with the number he recommended and did you decide to leave the back alone?

G

Not long left togo now Dark!!! Exciting times!! my friend!!

Damo

Petchsky

Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
Thanks Petch. Did you decide to go with the number he recommended and did you decide to leave the back alone?

Yeah, going for the 1000 grafts and going to leave the back. He's not a respected Doctor for nothing, so i thought i would listen.

July 14th - 4 days to go... der dum der der dum...Scalpel! :D

michael barry

Reaction score
Darkly, you have pretty nice hair now. Have you considered just keeping a great regimine, perhaps scalp excercises and hair-related nutrition (soy and flax) and waiting for gene therapy and cloning? 5 more years and we may all be able to have headfulls of hair on command, who knows.

I had transplants behind my hairline ten years ago. Wish I hadnt. Have lost about an inch at the temples since and have visible plugs now, so I have to comb hair forward. Knowing what I know now, I proboably could have kept that hair from receeding in the first place (I was only using propecia for years) and not propecia, nizoral, soy, flaxseeds daily, big vitamin intake, staying away from saturated animal fats, scalp excercises, electromagnetic therapy, gentle shampoos, green tea. I didnt know squat then.

The thing about surgery man is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,youre always wondering if youre receeding behind it. Your wondering if youre one of those guys who will have a small hippocratic wreath at 55 years of age and end up looking silly with a see through connected combover. Getting a buzz cut will be a non-option with the scar also unless you opt for an expensive FUE. If guys just stopped getting transplants period, I bet the industry would double down their efforts to genetically solve male pattern baldness or find a cloning method that really works also.

I also feel the need to say that you have a great face. Hell, youre a good looking chap even at NW2. Im sure youre not struggling with the ladies. Anyhoo........I hope whatever you decide turns out well and best wishes.

To_The_Max

Reaction score
Hahahaha... sorry, I just have to laugh at the sheer irony of the fact that summer seems to be the time when everyone gets their transplants.

In any case, DarklyCharming, I'm an Armani survivor (yes, we do exist). Right now I am sitting at 3 days post-op (No, I'm sorry I won't take pictures for those of you who want them). The first thing I will recommend to you is be forwarned that you're going to vomit, alot. I made it back to my hotel room post and I threw up about 4 times within the next few hours. It doesn't hurt, it's more of an inconvenience than anything.

Nextly, if you're going to be flying (I drove since I live close to Toronto) for any more than 5 hours make sure they sinch the bandage tight enough to ensure that the swelling won't move. Because once it does, man, that sh*t is bananas. Just to give you an idea, I had my surgery on Tuesday and tonight (Friday night) is really the first time that I'm starting to regain my perfect peripherial vision.

Another piece of adivce I'd like to offer is that sleeping gets easier and easier at a 45 degree angle. The first night is a little difficult, I won't lie. I found I couldn't really sleep for more than a few hours at a time (however, sleeping throughout the day of the surgery doesn't help), but you're going to find that as you continue to sleep like that the easier it will get.

Asides that, good luck. Dr. Armani really cut me a hairline that I'm going to be proud of. I never had a strong hairline to begin with and now this is something I can walk around with. And, incidentally, because my donor area was so good what was supposed to be 2860 grafts turned into almost 3000. That unto itself is a bargain.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
darkly, how are things post op?

G

Dark how long is it before you go for surgery? Im exspecting my growth from my 2nd in September im hanging i can tell you.

Damo

G

Sublime more then happy to provide you with helpful information my friend! With my 2 procedures i got minimal shockloss that grew back anyway.How many grafts do you plan on getting Sublime? as FUE is very expensive and i think that strip is better bang for your buck if its a big session!

Damo

G

Sublime if you are going to get around 500 grafts then you might consider getting FUE but it will cost alot more then strip thats all.I suffered from abit of shockloss but i found that all mine grew back so it wasnt a drama.Check out m ywebsite and you can se where i suffered from shockloss and then the results after it grew back!

Rgds
Damo

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
what happened to darkly???

Hey damien... after your procedures how did you cover up the fact that you had surgery? I mean, for work and stuff? That's my major concern is hiding long enough for hair to grow back. Another thing, how do you wash your scalp after surgery? I'd imagine it's very very sensitive. Thanks man.

jmoney32

Reaction score
wow, this guy is gone and now i am worried if almani is the best choice. damn, i was going to use darkly as an example now it's back to the drawing board

galevin

Reaction score
Can't reply on Darkly, but how do you get nervous going to one of the best in the world knowing that he is going to change you drastically in such a way that your standard of living will improve at least a hundredfold? I can understand money being a problem,who doesn't have that problem, but being nervous is crazy. Also Dr. Armani is obviously an MD and he starts you out on Versed and will help you thru any anxiety during the procedure. It's like a hot chick going from an a cup to a d cup. Think she's going to look any better? Just had hair transplant#1 done on 7/27, going back for hair transplant#2 on 9/14 and I had a great experience and actually counting the days till I go back. Of course, I will have a website soon and keep everyone updated but if anyone is nervous about getting an ultimate makeover, feel free to email me as it was a painless and actually a very pleasant experience with Dr. Armani.
PS Shane is also a cool guy that has all the answers as he hears the same questions day after day and is very confident (and correct )with his answers and is a real plus for Dr. Armani.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm glad he canceled.All I could see was disaster.By the way I was'nt aware that a hairtransplant could raise your standard of living a hundred fold.Also Darkly was alread a d-cup risking a b-cup or worse,but I imagine the prescription would be more procedures as I have read this drivel before coming from Shane.Where is the bucket "o" grafts that provides this flipent answer.