DarklyCharming's Surgery Website

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is a little bit more progressed than yours. My temples are completely slick and have been for quite some time. My forehead naturally is also much higher than yours. I should really start keeping track of my hair since I'm starting propecia in a few days.

If I had your hairline I would not get it lowered, but thats just me. As for mine, I'd like it lower, but for now I just want back what I had and be able to grow long bangs again!

However, I don't think it is unwise at all to get 3000 grafts. That's only like 1/3 of what donor you have anyways. He'll have an amazing head of hair til he is at least 30. Even then, when you have the front hairline, the middle top of the head is easier to conceal. You could get touch up hair transplant with less density and still have it look good. It'll be kind of like a reverse mullet. So instead of serious in the front & party in the back, you'll have youthful in the front & mature in the back.

Even so, I'm willing to put all my eggs in the HM basket. I'm 100% convinced that it will happen by 2012. [Just in time for the end of the world] By 2022 I'm confident the procedures will be way less intrusive and getting a hair transplant will carry no more social stigma than getting braces.

I'm really stoked to see the results. Only thing that concerns me is the ear to ear scar because every summer I just get annoyed and have to shave my head. Hopefully that won't be an issue for you, but it is leaving me hoping for FUE prices to come down. Maybe Armani could make the scar kinda crooked and on the side of my head so I can tell people I had a bike accident if anyone happens to notice ;)

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I already have a cool scar story concocted involving a rabid raccoon, a burning village, the sweet little Anderson girl, and a huge wave of molten lava headed our way.

jmoney32

Reaction score
i did a consultaion with armani but i wasent willing to fly to canada because i have my own business to run and he said when he comes out to Los Angeles he will fit me in. so, i know armani flys to different sites and performs hair transplant's

Petch

Reaction score
I think you hair looks okay Darkly. I would be happy with it if i were you, but i'm not so good luck...it will look great soon. What are you having done? Just work on bring the hairline forward? what about the back or mid scalp area?

G

Dark i personally think you should give it a few years yet so you can see if it deteriates any further it may not! But i would recommend to stay on the Propecia for a precaution.

Damo

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to the responses I've received as far as my surgery, I'm going to refrain from keeping a website journal and from posting here about it. Anyone who wants information about my surgery is more than welcome to message or email me and I'll always respond. I don't want to have to defend myself after every poster who chides my decisions. The website I previously had established will no longer be available.

G

Dark we are all just concerned for you thats all.But in the long run its your choice and what you choose you will be happy with.

Damo

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, retrospective is a funny thing. I looked back at why I put up a website in the first place and it was to help people like myself have something to reference for the entire transplant procedure. I shouldn't have let the posters who mentioned I was out of line move me to remove the site but it came to head on the same day I had a bad fight in my dating relationship.

Anyway, I've reinstated my website and hope it helps anyone debating the procedure. Best of luck.

http://darklycharming.moonfruit.com

G

Good on you Dark your site like mine is a help to other sufferes out there.

Damo

galevin

Reaction score
Dark, I'm going thru the online consult myself with Dr Armani (he is to call tomorrow). It amazes me how some on this board keep insisting you reconsider after you have eloquently stated many times that this is a final decision. Go for it!

BTW, how many visits do you have to make? Do you have to return to have a post-op visit (remove staples, post op exam, etc)? I live in Indy and hate to fly a 2nd time just for staple removal and a post op exam. Staples could always be removed locally. (Even if Dr. Armani did not like what he saw during the 2nd visit, it's not like he would be doing any more surgery at that time).

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Galevin,

You only have to make the one visit. I'm from California and only going to Canada once for this. You go for your surgery the day before so you can have your final consult where Armani will define what hairline he will be doing. Then the next day, you have your surgery. The third day you have a final checkup post surgery and you need to leave on your plane because facial swelling will start the fourth day and you want to be home for that.

They give you the tool to remove the staples. You can go to any local doctor and have them remove the staples. I've even heard of people having friends remove them, or even going so far as to remove the staples themselves. Hope that helps man.

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting your site back up DC. You're positive outlook is always refreshing amongst cynics and whiners on this board. Good luck on your surgery.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maintainence1, appreciate the positive feedback. I'm planning on expanding and adding to it as a cogent reference for guys to be able to look at.

Petchsky

Reaction score
damien said:
haha no worries Petch.Hows everything being going with you anyway?

Damo

I'm good thanks mate. Still trying to build up the courage to call Dr Rogers for a consultation. Been meaning to do it for a while now. My hair is probably just a little worse than Darkly's and the hairline is a bit higher.

G

Petch will this be your first transplant if you decide togo that way?

Damo

Mark1

Reaction score
hair transplant

DC

Just wanted to make sure you recieved my two previous PM.

Thx Mark1

Petchsky

Reaction score
damien said:
Petch will this be your first transplant if you decide togo that way?

Damo

Yeah first one. Been on my regimen for over 2 years now and i am still maintaining. I feel that he will take a look at my hair and tell me to go away and it will be a wasted drive to see him. I'm 24 now and i don't plan on ever going bald. I don't want my teenage hairline back and i am fine with my receeding patches, well if they were a bit smaller, and would like my hairline filling in and some at the back where i have a thin patch. Your hairline for example is fine. My hairline needs some extra thickness at the front and my receeding patches lowered a bit.

Getting closer to July Darkly?

I'm hoping to get mine done in Feb 2006.