DarklyCharming's Surgery Website

Petchsky

Reaction score
Not been for a consultation yet, but i reckon it will be 500 FUE, which should work out to be an extra 1000 hairs. I will start my own thread about it here soon. Don't want to hijack Darkly Charming's thread.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just checked the forum on Alvia Armani's website. There was a post by Shane, one of the guys in the gallery and the PR man for Armani, saying that Armani recommends using vitamin E (for scarring i assume) and rogaine for 1 year to increase circulation.

I was very surprised to hear about rogaine since I've read that after a few years of using it, healthy hair grows depenedent on it and will also fall out.

I did get an online quote from Armani, he recommended I get 3290 grafts. I may start my own site soon. I just took my first pictures. Procedure would cost 10,700 for FUSS and 26,320 for FUE. I didn't ask him about getting my hairline lowered at all. Not sure if he already took that into account.

Mark1

Reaction score
Damo,

I have not done to much recent research. I have come to the conclusion after 4 years+ and being on the regemin of minoxidil + proscar that I have maintained and provided some growth. I really want the shot of filling in my hairline. My major concern is will it be realistic. My hairline now is somewhat hidden so I want to do something about it now before it gets worse. When I read on the website what Darkly was doing it quite frankly was inspiring. I looked at his head pictures along with his confidence and need for perfection and related quite well. Darkly I wish you the best of luck. I have sent a few pm to get some additional questions answered and have not recieved and feedback. Let me know if you received them.

Hope all is well to all and thank you for sharing!!

Mark1

G

Mark1 if you have come to the conclusion and obviously you have done your research i would go for it.It took me 4 years of researching and searching for answers to finally go through my hair transplant.I have just had my 2nd procedure 1 month ago now and couldnt be happier.I just took a picture today if you want to see it 1 month after the procedure.Yes it will be realistic Mark if you choose the right surgeon because its crucial to make or break a good hairline because that is what really gives away a good hair transplant from a bad one.You have done the right thing by taking Proscar for all these years to maintain what you have.I say if your ready go for it Mark.Take Darkly and myself as living examples.Best of luck!

Damo

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick Check In:

Spent the last two weeks in Palm Beach in Florida so I haven't been around my computer for awhile. Countdown to my surgery is on, it's getting pretty damn close. Tomorrow I fax over the final paperwork to Armani. Stoked about the whole deal. Next time I'm on the east coast for vacation I'm hoping to have a hair style I feel good about sporting.

As a sidenote, the book I read in Palm Beach to pass down time was The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Excellent book. It's about Dracula in a pretty interesting new take. I recommend it.

G

Dark i hope you surgery goes well my friend im sure it will.Have to keep me updated on your pics too.I just received mine 2nd procedure pics back from Dr Martnick.Let me know if you would like to see her work as i would like to see Armani's when its completed on you.

Damo

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Another thought on the procedure:

I'm hanging around my room, finalizing a few travel plans for my surgery in two weeks and it's obviously on my mind. I'm really calm and comfortable with it all, looking at my hair doesn't bother me right now because I know I'm going to be changing it.

I'm glad I'm doing this now for myself because right now, all of my circle of friends are in graduate school. My two best friends are in law school and the rest are spread at colleges around the country. This is a positive for me because they haven't seen me in awhile, ie after hairloss. I'll be having a procedure done to maintain the appearance I'd always had. I'm very stoked with the idea that the majority of people will never know I've ever had this done. I'll simply be the guy with the nice hairline.

I've mentioned on here before that my parent's circle of friends are in their late 40s now and the majority of them have had some cosmetic work done. In fact, a cosmetic surgeon is one of my dad's best friends. He has told all of them and I've heard him say that its best to make the changes before anyone notices them. That way, you are never identified as having the work done. A conversation about balding men will never include 'well he USED to be bald but then he got a transplant".

Anyway, it's a relief to feel a little bit of that calm.

G

Dark i totally agree with you.I made the change before it was to late and people would notice that i had something done.Ive had my 2nd procedure now.The 2nd one was only done a month ago in May 2005.Ill send you some pics if you want me to.Its the best thing i ever did,and you will look back on this day as the day it changed my life like i did.You will feel like a new guy everytime you look into a mirror after the procedure is done knowing that the hair will be there for a lifetime.Best of luck keep me updated.

Damo

bigkaush

Reaction score
3000 grafts seem a little too much in your case, not sure why Armani is recommending so many grafts for a NW1.5 at the most.

I am a regular at HLH and usually lurk around on HairLossTalk.com.

reading about your case Darkly, i could not help but tell you something that you might be in for since you are getting dense packing when you already have enough hair to begin with.

Let me show you pictures first. I am attaching pre-op, post-op, 3 months post -op pics. at this point i am at 6 and half months post-op.. will post my recent images soon.

you should be aware and ready for shockloss that i experienced not everyone might get that, but cases such as yours and mine having a lot of original hair are more likely to get it

At this point i am still worried about my results. i have been told to wait for a total of 12 months to asses my results..

You should know that 12 months is how long it takes to see final results.

Pre-op
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=bigkaush|gallery1.cfm

post-op
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=bigkaush|gallery2.cfm

6 weeks post-op

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/Top_shockloss_6weeks_postop.jpg

3 months post -op

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/top_13weeks_post_op_3_monts.jpg

good luck with your decision. let me know if you have more concerns

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your concern. Looking at your hair in your pictures, I'd wager you are about the same hairloss and had 3336 grafts done. Armani clearly recommended the same to you.

I understand every in and out of shock loss, possible pain, and everything that accompanies it. I have the luxury of being able to wear a baseball cap for months if I want to so I'm not scared of shock loss.

I appreciate the interest but I have to stand up and argue when people make statements like 'you already have enough hair to begin with', such as you did.

This is a personal thing. I've stated before that some people might be thrilled with my amount of loss. I am not. What I am doing is certainly not the right path for everyone. You have to figure out what is right for yourself and what you are willing to live with.

G

Dark i can appreciate where your coming from as i know a person that got really bad shockloss and lost more then what he originally started with.Its a very personal deceison to go and get a hair transplant.Its something that shouldnt be taken lightly as you know.Best of luck anyway.

Damo

badasshair

Reaction score
good luck darkly...i'm hoping propecia will maintain what i have for another three years while i'm still in school, and then i'll be getting a transplant too. question for you. what kind of payment plan are you on?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not on a payment plan. I'm a lucky guy as far as that goes.

G

Badass hair most clinics will let you go on a payment plan.Where abouts you from?

Damo

badasshair

Reaction score
damien, i live in south carolina, but can't wait to leave this place. lol. unfortunately, i have three years of dental school left (just finished first year), so i have to wait to get a transplant cause i have no money now (which is why i'm hoping propecia will maintain what i have till then. just turned 23; diffuse thinner, NW1?). i, like darkly, am also a perfectionist and will probably get an armani transplant, so i find his postings very helpful. so far, i've been on propecia for about a year and the hairline hasn't moved, but i think my hair overall is thinner than it was a year ago, so i'm constantly having bad dreams. this is really a living hell for me, and i'm pissed off that there is no permanent solution yet other than a freaking transplant. thanks darkly for posting your experiences and making that very helpful website of yours. god bless.

jumpy

Reaction score
darkly charming... some advice

Darkly charming, I had a procedure done one and a half years ago and went out on a limb doing the procedure in Tijuana Mexico. I researched Dr. De La Garza and was very impressed with his work. 1.5 years later, I couldn't be happier my hair looks awesome, much better than any picture I have seen. I know that it was a risk but I am so happy I made that decision. The staff is so professional and the clinic is immaculate. I know Dr. Alvi does great work also, I just noticed you were from Cali and wanted you to know about Dr. De La Garza.

G

Badass at this stage a hair transplant is the only permenant way my friend.I know how you feel too_Once you decide to go and get a hair transplant it will be the best thing you ever did.Check out my results on my wesbite which goes through my 4 year journey to find a solution,and you can see how bald i was getting before i had the transplant and what i look like today.

Damo

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
7 days. (said in scary little girl with long hair and wet panties voice)

7 days till my surgery. One stoked amigo!

G

Dark good luck mate it will be a breeze.My 2nd one was easier then my 1st procedure!

Damo

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Dark, good luck w/ Armani, great choice of sureon. I'm doing FUE w/ him this year, check out some of his FUE pics up there if you can. Let us know what you learn.