Cutting PROSCAR into 8ths? still effective?

bubka

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
bubka said:
Tony, lots of people take 5mg, a lot of "old school" people did back before propecia was even out and they off labeled proscar, ALSO, 5mg grows more hair than 1mg
ok doesnt mean its safe..
I don't know what you mean by that?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
Azasteroids, corticosteroids, etc are not the same as anabolic steroids. Many people believe finasteride inhibits muscle growth while "Anabolic" promotes it.

All Anabolic steroids will at a relatively low dose shut down your HPTA and you will not produce Testosterone. finasteride actually does the opposite for most men and it is banned in sports because it can be used as a masking agent to cover up steroid use.

MEW is scaring me! he has so much evidence of scary side effects I keep getting restless at night in fear.

damn you aint no tigher, you are one scared school girl! lol

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
Azasteroids, corticosteroids, etc are not the same as anabolic steroids. Many people believe finasteride inhibits muscle growth while "Anabolic" promotes it.

All Anabolic steroids will at a relatively low dose shut down your HPTA and you will not produce Testosterone. finasteride actually does the opposite for most men and it is banned in sports because it can be used as a masking agent to cover up steroid use.

MEW is scaring me! he has so much evidence of scary side effects I keep getting restless at night in fear.

damn you aint no tigher, you are one scared school girl! lol

well is 8ths still effective or not?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mew said:

Yes. finasteride is very powerful, substantial DHT inhibition starts at even 0.05mg.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

Mew, I think it is a fair article, it states the purpose of the drug, its potential sides in a very scientific tone.

It is a risk one must take due to the unknown long term effect and I personaly believe that 1mg daily is more than what a proper daily intake should be.

From reading the chart, we can see that the benefit we get from doing 1mg than 0.2mg is rather marginal while the chance of getting sides is greatly increased.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score

I concur with Mew. I originally divided up my Proscar tablets into 10 pieces (.5mg per tab)--I, too, was apprehensive in starting Proscar, hence my low initial dosage. I noticed an effect in about two or three days. Almost immediately, my shedding slowed to about half of what it was previously. But to make a long story short, I eventually settled on .625mg of Proscar per dose--dividing a tablet into 8 pieces. For me, .625mg is the minimum amount I would take, and I've been taking Proscar for about 16 months.

In sum, it's been effective for me, although not without some side effects--weight gain being the most prominent.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
87david said:

I concur with Mew. I originally divided up my Proscar tablets into 10 pieces (.5mg per tab)--I, too, was apprehensive in starting Proscar, hence my low initial dosage. I noticed an effect in about two or three days. Almost immediately, my shedding slowed to about half of what it was previously. But to make a long story short, I eventually settled on .625mg of Proscar per dose--dividing a tablet into 8 pieces. For me, .625mg is the minimum amount I would take, and I've been taking Proscar for about 16 months.

In sum, it's been effective for me, although not without some side effects--weight gain being the most prominent.

as long as there is no sexual side, you should be glad already.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed using a knife with those little ridgers works best in splitting it.

I also notice my erections are not as thick or not as solid in the morning, I used to wake up with a morning wood stiff as a board now I dont.

but I can still pop one.

I have been taking .625 for a few weeks now.