Cutting PROSCAR into 8ths? still effective?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
MEW is scaring me! he has so much evidence of scary side effects I keep getting restless at night in fear.

I hope you are kidding ! That forum scared me into stopping as i was sure I would get sides. Thank god my hair is growing back now that I am back on it.

I will tell you right now you can (and in your case probably will) convince yourself you are having sides. The brain is very powerful

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mew said:
Do whatever the f*ck you want, just don't say nobody warned you if sh*t hits the fan. Good luck.

Replies like this are the reason few take you seriously.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
the prefix "a" none, no, false, or "aza" means to suppress... :whistle:

an Azasteroid suppresses steroids...

LOL, He posted a link saying it's not an anabolic steroid with a title claiming it is. I guess he just doesn't understand what he is reading.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

No, it really comes down to getting someone to make a decision: stay on, or get off.

But to have guys complain how they are scared etc, and then CONTINUE to take the drug, it's just pointless trying to get anything through to them, they obviously aren't listening.

If if you are that scared, don't take it -- end of story.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Mew said:

No, it really comes down to getting someone to make a decision: stay on, or get off.

But to have guys complain how they are scared etc, and then CONTINUE to take the drug, it's just pointless trying to get anything through to them, they obviously aren't listening.

mew are you balding bad and how old are you?

Cause dr Rasmussen says finasteride works best for guys in the early stages of balding in there 20s.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea I was/am balding, took it when was 25 for 11 months, 1.25mg. I'm 28 now, soon to be 29.

RonPaulRepublican

Reaction score
Yes I take 0.625mg of finasteride (proscar 1/8th'd) EOD and it's quite easy to cut. I've progressively gone up from 0.25mg EOD and will settle here.

So I see that chart posted on the homepage of the DHT level reduction w/various dosages of finasteride still hasn't spread around this group has it?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mew said:

Umm you scare them with your stories, I let you slide many times pal. Let's start with you story about finasteride being a steroid which was so way off base it's funny. Your whole mission is to get people to not take finasteride well guess what buddy 99% will never get the sides you did and the majority of what you throw out is PURE BS !

Mew your forum has been up for 5 years, tell us how many active members you have or even members at all I would say 300 TOPS and that is way less than 2%

I could go by you board now and see maybe 50 guys active in the last month, MAYBE

Actually I just took a look and including Mew the forum had 4 posts today Mew.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't just take it from me.

Go talk to Dr. Crisler or Dr. Shippen, I'm sure they'll set you straight on the fact that these permanent side effects that affect a minority of finasteride users are very serious and in fact, a very difficult form of hypogonadism to treat.

For example:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:OA- ... cd=3&gl=ca

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:9zG ... cd=3&gl=ca

Anyway, continue on your merry way and good luck to you, you are one of the lucky ones who hasn't had any issues. Me, I unfortunately fell into Merck's unlucky "2%".

Pondle

Reaction score
I see an outline of a presentation at a workshop, but where are the case studies, the published papers in peer-reviewed journals? The 'permanent sides' folk really need more evidence, of a higher quality than anecdotes, in support of their thesis.

bubka

Reaction score
Pondle said:
I see an outline of a presentation at a workshop, but where are the case studies, the published papers in peer-reviewed journals? The 'permanent sides' folk really need more evidence, of a higher quality than anecdotes, in support of their thesis.
what are you talking about, that guy is an Egyptian pharmacist, they got to school for probably 1 year for that, thats all the data I need, propecia is poison :whistle:

Mew: propecia is for Men only, it says on the labeling

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Mew said:
Don't just take it from me.

Go talk to Dr. Crisler or Dr. Shippen, I'm sure they'll set you straight on the fact that these permanent side effects that affect a minority of finasteride users are very serious and in fact, a very difficult form of hypogonadism to treat.

For example:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:OA- ... cd=3&gl=ca

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:9zG ... cd=3&gl=ca

Anyway, continue on your merry way and good luck to you, you are one of the lucky ones who hasn't had any issues. Me, I unfortunately fell into Merck's unlucky "2%".

seriously MEW why don't you just sue them? you have a case of irreversible side effects that were not listed.

Why bother just spending time on here telling people not to take it so they lose hair like you?

If you have the proof its caused from finasteride then why not file a case on merck?

Pondle

Reaction score
bubka said:
Pondle said:
what are you talking about, that guy is an Egyptian pharmacist, they got to school for probably 1 year for that, thats all the data I need, propecia is poison :whistle:

Mew: propecia is for Men only, it says on the labeling

I was referring to Eugene Shippen, not the Egyptian guy - although I have no idea how 'mainstream' this doctor is or how well respected he is in his field. The problem with 'truth by authority' (taking statements to be true because an alleged 'expert' says they're true) is that experts disagree. We also have a right to be sceptical of expert opinion if we suspect that their views are based on flawed evidence or faulty reasoning. Mew has himself referred to "uniformed doctors" many times; on what basis is Eugene Shippen 'more informed' than others in the same field who disagree with him? How have Shippen's peers reacted to his views on 'permanent' Propecia side effects?

I think that Tony the Tiger is right - if Mew and his pals have confidence in their (self?) diagnoses and the evidence base they cite in support of their claims, then they should sue Merck and the whole tiresome affair can be settled one way or the other.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mew I feel bad you have the bad sides but you go about it the wrong way. When you post stuff like finasteride is a steroid it shows that you truely don't know about finasteride.

You also should want MORE people to take finasteride so maybe they will find out why you have your problems.

I know you don't want to hear this but a certain % of people will be allergic and have bad reactions to almost any drug, food, etc. The guys who have the long term irreversable to this point side effects have a certain genetic predisposition to finasteride in a negative way. Guys who get sides are the 2 - 5 %, guys with your problems are the .01 % of users.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Mew I feel bad you have the bad sides but you go about it the wrong way. When you post stuff like finasteride is a steroid it shows that you truely don't know about finasteride.

You also should want MORE people to take finasteride so maybe they will find out why you have your problems.

I know you don't want to hear this but a certain % of people will be allergic and have bad reactions to almost any drug, food, etc. The guys who have the long term irreversable to this point side effects have a certain genetic predisposition to finasteride in a negative way. Guys who get sides are the 2 - 5 %, guys with your problems are the .01 % of users.

I heard from another hairloss doctor that if you are allergic to a drug you will see the sides right away almost, like someone gets a bloated face or rash on anti biotics etc.

is this true?

but MEW scares me and many others but he uses the better safe then sorry approach and then gets mad if you decide to take it or question him, its almost like he gets angry that you want to continue using it?

I dont get it, if he really had those irreversible sides shouldnt he file suit? I mean thats some serious stuff if he really wants to help people he should file suit and take it to court so it can put some exposure on the subject like other people who experience sides.

I mean that would really be more helpful so they can shine light

Pondle

Reaction score
We all want a broader range of options for treating our hair loss. Even those of us (like me) who've found Propecia safe and effective would probably be interested in a topical with no systemic effects, like RU. Ironically the best hope for a new generation of more effective, 'safer' treatments could rest with the commercial success of Propecia. Merck's competitors will only invest in researching and trialling alternatives if the market proves lucrative enough. That's economics. :sobbing:

abcdefg

Reaction score
Ya we all want a safe topical tested and proven treatment for male pattern baldness. Something that lowers DHT and testosterone locally to near 0 would be the best treatment in that direction possible. Then every man could use that safely and science could explore other avenues of hair regrowth and young men could maintain safely which is all you can ask for aside from it not being an outrageous price which im sure it would be.

Mew is just reminding us of what we all know very well. Its a drug. Drugs can and do have undocumented side effects some could be irreversible no one knows. There are tons of variations in people genetically as we all know and some people could easily have major issues that cant be fixed by current science. Its a risk thats always there in any drug. Its a use at your own risk as always.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Ya we all want a safe topical tested and proven treatment for male pattern baldness. Something that lowers DHT and testosterone locally to near 0 would be the best treatment in that direction possible. Then every man could use that safely and science could explore other avenues of hair regrowth and young men could maintain safely which is all you can ask for aside from it not being an outrageous price which im sure it would be.

Mew is just reminding us of what we all know very well. Its a drug. Drugs can and do have undocumented side effects some could be irreversible no one knows. There are tons of variations in people genetically as we all know and some people could easily have major issues that cant be fixed by current science. Its a risk thats always there in any drug. Its a use at your own risk as always.

true

also you can get some side effects from supplements too, and steroids, and saw palmetto and saint johns wort many of those are not FDA approved or tested and they sell them at GNC,.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mew said:

If you are a non believer of finasteride, stay away from it and don't mislead others -- end of story.