Cutting PROSCAR into 8ths? still effective?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
Mew I feel bad you have the bad sides but you go about it the wrong way. When you post stuff like finasteride is a steroid it shows that you truely don't know about finasteride.

You also should want MORE people to take finasteride so maybe they will find out why you have your problems.

I know you don't want to hear this but a certain % of people will be allergic and have bad reactions to almost any drug, food, etc. The guys who have the long term irreversable to this point side effects have a certain genetic predisposition to finasteride in a negative way. Guys who get sides are the 2 - 5 %, guys with your problems are the .01 % of users.

I heard from another hairloss doctor that if you are allergic to a drug you will see the sides right away almost, like someone gets a bloated face or rash on anti biotics etc.

is this true?

but MEW scares me and many others but he uses the better safe then sorry approach and then gets mad if you decide to take it or question him, its almost like he gets angry that you want to continue using it?

I dont get it, if he really had those irreversible sides shouldnt he file suit? I mean thats some serious stuff if he really wants to help people he should file suit and take it to court so it can put some exposure on the subject like other people who experience sides.

I mean that would really be more helpful so they can shine light

It's funny how one can be so indecisive. We are not doctors here, we can't give you professional advices. Nobody will know if you are going to experience sides or have your balls shrinked, you will have to test it out yourself.

If you are scared already, just don't take it and put an end to this non sense.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="Pondle"Ironically the best hope for a new generation of more effective, 'safer' treatments could rest with the commercial success of Propecia. Merck's competitors will only invest in researching and trialling alternatives if the market proves lucrative enough. That's economics. :sobbing:[/quote]

Actually finasteride is a bad comparison because it really doesn't work that well regrowing hair. If a product came out that really worked well the amount of money made would be insane.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
[quote="Pondle"Ironically the best hope for a new generation of more effective, 'safer' treatments could rest with the commercial success of Propecia. Merck's competitors will only invest in researching and trialling alternatives if the market proves lucrative enough. That's economics. :sobbing:

Actually finasteride is a bad comparison because it really doesn't work that well regrowing hair. If a product came out that really worked well the amount of money made would be insane.[/quote]

I think he was talking about the business aspect, that the reason no one is investing in hairgrowth or restoration research is because the market is not lucrative enough.

So no one is even gonna bother, if propecia was very popular and doing well financially then more investors would start to compete by trying to make a superior product.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
[quote="Pondle"Ironically the best hope for a new generation of more effective, 'safer' treatments could rest with the commercial success of Propecia. Merck's competitors will only invest in researching and trialling alternatives if the market proves lucrative enough. That's economics. :sobbing:

Actually finasteride is a bad comparison because it really doesn't work that well regrowing hair. If a product came out that really worked well the amount of money made would be insane.

I think he was talking about the business aspect, that the reason no one is investing in hairgrowth or restoration research is because the market is not lucrative enough.

So no one is even gonna bother, if propecia was very popular and doing well financially then more investors would start to compete by trying to make a superior product.[/quote]

I think you are missing my point. If Propecia worked much better than it does sales would be 100 times greater or maybe even more. The bottom line is the product works good for maintaining but does very little for regrowth. Propecia is for guys who are thinning so anyone beyond thinning is not in the market for Propecia or Rogaine. You can't judge the hair loss market on drugs that won't work for bald people.

If a company came out today with a drug that would give a bald guy even 25% of his hair back the stock would go through the roof !

Pondle

Reaction score
HT55 said:
I think you are missing my point. If Propecia worked much better than it does sales would be 100 times greater or maybe even more. The bottom line is the product works good for maintaining but does very little for regrowth. Propecia is for guys who are thinning so anyone beyond thinning is not in the market for Propecia or Rogaine. You can't judge the hair loss market on drugs that won't work for bald people.

If a company came out today with a drug that would give a bald guy even 25% of his hair back the stock would go through the roof !

Any hair loss treatment has to be totally safe and to be perceived as such if it's going to be a big seller. I've seen an article purporting to have been published on the Brandweek online marketing magazine, lambasting Propecia users for their vanity in risking a 2% chance of sexual side effects (quote: "you're talking about messing with some pretty basic and necessary valves in the plumbing here"). Predictable, but you get my point: an awful lot of men won't even gamble with favourable odds.

Another problem for a prescription hair loss treatment is that men will actually have to go to their doctor to get a script. Some guys won't visit a doctor under any circumstances, leave alone for a vanity problem; in fact, men are increasingly unlikely to visit a GP. When men do get there, some doctors won't be comfortable treating 'trivial' conditions. The first doctor I approached for a Propecia prescription was pretty ignorant and condescending! :thumbdown2:

So marketing a 'miracle' hair loss treatment is going to be a tough sell - you've got to educate consumers and physicians, and make sure that you won't be blindsided by lurid stories about side effects (see Mew's posts, amongst others). No wonder dutasteride was never launched for male pattern baldness, even though Marty Sawaya called it "amazing".

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
HT55 said:

Any hair loss treatment has to be totally safe and to be perceived as such if it's going to be a big seller. I've seen an article purporting to have been published on the Brandweek online marketing magazine, lambasting Propecia users for their vanity in risking a 2% chance of sexual side effects (quote: "you're talking about messing with some pretty basic and necessary valves in the plumbing here"). Predictable, but you get my point: an awful lot of men won't even gamble with favourable odds.

Another problem for a prescription hair loss treatment is that men will actually have to go to their doctor to get a script. Some guys won't visit a doctor under any circumstances, leave alone for a vanity problem; in fact, men are increasingly unlikely to visit a GP. When men do get there, some doctors won't be comfortable treating 'trivial' conditions. The first doctor I approached for a Propecia prescription was pretty ignorant and condescending! :thumbdown2:

So marketing a 'miracle' hair loss treatment is going to be a tough sell - you've got to educate consumers and physicians, and make sure that you won't be blindsided by lurid stories about side effects (see Mew's posts, amongst others). No wonder dutasteride was never launched for male pattern baldness, even though Marty Sawaya called it "amazing".

Sorry if a drug came out today that regrew hair greatly the factory would be working 24/7 for years to make it.

You also are missing my point which is Propecia is not even an option for anyone who has lost a significant amount of hair. Propecia is only for those who are thinning

A billion bald men, do the math

Please don't use Mew as a basis for side effects.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Pondle said:
HT55 said:

Sorry if a drug came out today that regrew hair greatly the factory would be working 24/7 for years to make it.

You also are missing my point which is Propecia is not even an option for anyone who has lost a significant amount of hair. Propecia is only for those who are thinning

A billion bald men, do the math

Please don't use Mew as a basis for side effects.

I dont think there will ever be a pill to help someone already bald because the doctor told me the follicle goes thru miniaturizations and once it goes to its final stage the hair wont grow back anymore or something like that.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="
I dont think there will ever be a pill to help someone already bald because the doctor told me the follicle goes thru miniaturizations and once it goes to its final stage the hair wont grow back anymore or something like that.[/quote]

Probably not but even if a drug could be say 10 times more effective than Propecia you would still have a lot of takers.

I don't think it's that the money hasn't been invested I think it just can't be done

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
No wonder dutasteride was never launched for male pattern baldness, even though Marty Sawaya called it "amazing".

She also once famously referred to it as a "WOW!" drug. After several years of experience with it as a hairloss drug out here in the Real World, I can't help but wonder just how many users would now refer to it that way, even though I have to admit that even _I_ am puzzled by the claims of increased loss from some dutasteride users.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
[quote="
I dont think there will ever be a pill to help someone already bald because the doctor told me the follicle goes thru miniaturizations and once it goes to its final stage the hair wont grow back anymore or something like that.

Probably not but even if a drug could be say 10 times more effective than Propecia you would still have a lot of takers.

I don't think it's that the money hasn't been invested I think it just can't be done[/quote]

What I don't get is more men are ashame to say they are Balding and taking propecia, then they are to say they ar4e using v****.

v**** has done amazing compared to propecia. v**** has even had celeb sponsors but it baffles me how some celebs who take propecia are scared to come forward admiting they take it...and another negative thing is the Finasteride being on the Banned list in sports. People are too scare to take it,then you got the 2% impotence side effect that was the first thing I heard 3 years ago when I told my friend propecia helps hair and he said ya but that sh*t can make you impotent.

if propecia was able to market there product well toward younger men who are thinning it would open the eyes and pockets of investors.

thats how business works...look at the video game industry nintendo came out, then sega, then playstation, then xbox from microsoft everyone coming out with something better.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
[quote="

I don't think it's that the money hasn't been invested I think it just can't be done

What I don't get is more men are ashame to say they are Balding and taking propecia, then they are to say they ar4e using v****.

v**** has done amazing compared to propecia. v**** has even had celeb sponsors but it baffles me how some celebs who take propecia are scared to come forward admiting they take it...and another negative thing is the Finasteride being on the Banned list in sports. People are too scare to take it,then you got the 2% impotence side effect that was the first thing I heard 3 years ago when I told my friend propecia helps hair and he said ya but that $#iT can make you impotent.

if propecia was able to market there product well toward younger men who are thinning it would open the eyes and pockets of investors.

thats how business works...look at the video game industry nintendo came out, then sega, then playstation, then xbox from microsoft everyone coming out with something better.[/quote]

99.999 % of people who get sides will see them go away after they discontinue the drug. Some people are on a mission to tell the public that the sides will stay with you when it simply isn't true. Some guys will get ED who never even took Propecia so what make people think these guys with bad sides weren't destined for ED down the road anyway.

The one guy who posts negative on every Propecia thread has a forum that comes up in the top 5 web sites when you search for "Propecia Side Effects". This forum has been up for over 5 years and may have 20 active members and the only recent posts were from him.

I would guess about 1 million men are on Propecia or Prosacr for hair loss in the U.S.

2% of 1 million is 20,000 so that is a lot of people with side effects and since they bark the loudest it will seem like a lot more

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
TonyTheTiger said:
HT55 said:
[quote="

v**** has done amazing compared to propecia. v**** has even had celeb sponsors but it baffles me how some celebs who take propecia are scared to come forward admiting they take it...and another negative thing is the Finasteride being on the Banned list in sports. People are too scare to take it,then you got the 2% impotence side effect that was the first thing I heard 3 years ago when I told my friend propecia helps hair and he said ya but that $#iT can make you impotent.

thats how business works...look at the video game industry nintendo came out, then sega, then playstation, then xbox from microsoft everyone coming out with something better.

99.999 % of people who get sides will see them go away after they discontinue the drug. Some people are on a mission to tell the public that the sides will stay with you when it simply isn't true. Some guys will get ED who never even took Propecia so what make people think these guys with bad sides weren't destined for ED down the road anyway.

The one guy who posts negative on every Propecia thread has a forum that comes up in the top 5 web sites when you search for "Propecia Side Effects". This forum has been up for over 5 years and may have 20 active members and the only recent posts were from him.

I would guess about 1 million men are on Propecia or Prosacr for hair loss in the U.S.

2% of 1 million is 20,000 so that is a lot of people with side effects and since they bark the loudest it will seem like a lot more[/quote]

isnt Erectile Dysfunction also caused in people who have depression and high stress levels?

I remember our health teacher said the majority of Impotence causes stem from mental issues like constant depression, high stress etc.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
I remember our health teacher said the majority of Impotence causes stem from mental issues like constant depression, high stress etc.

You know if they would just stop reading so much into their problems and confusing themselves with stuff they don't understand they might just get better. Spending hours each day on the internet reminding themselves of the problem sure isn't going to help.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
TonyTheTiger said:

You know if they would just stop reading so much into their problems and confusing themselves with stuff they don't understand they might just get better. Spending hours each day on the internet reminding themselves of the problem sure isn't going to help.

this is true, I notice when I dwell on something negative I am not horny at all because of my depression.

If you keep negative mind set and not a happy one of course its gonna be hard to keep a boner especially if your mind is on something else.

G

Bryan said:
Pondle said:
No wonder dutasteride was never launched for male pattern baldness, even though Marty Sawaya called it "amazing".

She also once famously referred to it as a "WOW!" drug. After several years of experience with it as a hairloss drug out here in the Real World, I can't help but wonder just how many users would now refer to it that way, even though I have to admit that even _I_ am puzzled by the claims of increased loss from some dutasteride users.

It is a WOW drug. look at my results bryan. I probably regrew 9,000 of the 13,000 hairs on my head that had been lost to androgenetic alopecia

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 5 mg a day, no sides or shrunken penis(lol), plus, I got some great boobs...not!

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
I take 5 mg a day, no sides or shrunken penis(lol), plus, I got some great boobs...not!
huh how old are you? if you are taking 5 mg and your young then do you have a prostate problem or what?

bubka

Reaction score
Tony, lots of people take 5mg, a lot of "old school" people did back before propecia was even out and they off labeled proscar, ALSO, 5mg grows more hair than 1mg

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
Tony, lots of people take 5mg, a lot of "old school" people did back before propecia was even out and they off labeled proscar, ALSO, 5mg grows more hair than 1mg
ok doesnt mean its safe..