Chris Pratt, Steve Carrell, Matthew Mcconaughey, Mark Cuban, What Do These Men Have In Common?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive always wanted to like this dude cause he comes across like a down home guy, but this sh*t is despicable and makes me think hes a snake

It's pretty despicable, yeah. And yeah he does come off as a very likable guy in his interviews and movies....goes to show you really can't know the full character of a person just cause they seem cool or whatever....halo effect deceiving us I guess

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm more ashamed that I use minoxidil than that I take finasteride. To me it's an incredibly degrading image of myself rubbing this sh*t on my hairline twice a day, as opposed to just popping a pill, which doesn't seem like a big deal

I'm not open about my hair loss or that I treat it, but if cornered about it finasteride would be the first thing I'd credit

Did you start with finasteride first and added min later?

If so, to what extent is minoxidil working? What did adding minoxidil do in terms of improving your hair?

Just curious. I'm considering min for over a year lol, just too afraid to start because of the shedding phase.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you start with finasteride first and added min later?

If so, to what extent is minoxidil working? What did adding minoxidil do in terms of improving your hair?

Just curious. I'm considering min for over a year lol, just too afraid to start because of the shedding phase.

I started minoxidil about 2 months before finasteride

I noticed my initial gains during a month break from minoxidil. I know minoxidil is doing something, due to the vellus hairs, but likely 80%+ of my success is finasteride

I never noticed a "shedding phase" with either

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of these guy's transformations is outside the realm of the existing options.

You can look as good as Matthew M with hairpieces. That might not be the only thing he has done. But his hairline has bounced around a lot over the years so that has to be some of it.

hair transplants can do a lot if you have the donor supply and moderate loss rate. These stars were 10 or 20 years older than many of us by the time they had similar amounts of hair loss. That means less aggressive balding for life.

You can also blow your whole donor supply on your front area and then wear hairpieces in back. Some stars do that.

Last edited:

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Jack Nicholson alopecia? It's weird because the guy had been strongly balding since the 60's and he managed to stay under Norwood 3 until his 70's. Also, he kinda rocks the look, normally he would have been a case of "just shave it bro" but I think he looks cooler this way.

resu

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Jack Nicholson alopecia? It's weird because the guy had been strongly balding since the 60's and he managed to stay under Norwood 3 until his 70's. Also, he kinda rocks the look, normally he would have been a case of "just shave it bro" but I think he looks cooler this way.
Clint Eastwood is a bigger mystery, he was already NW4 in the 70's but did a combover to hide it. James Cameron is another one, 1991 he was already heading NW4 territory but he kept what he had all these years and maybe even has more hair at the temples?

During T2 shooting:

james-cameron-arnold-schwarzenegger-and-edward-furlong-in-terminator-2-judgment-day-1991.jpg

Present day:
James-Cameron-Rolex-Slider.jpg

Density changes:
JamesCameronHWOFOct2012.jpg

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score

jack is anomalous in many regards

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
common point between them ? type A pattern. Same as Bill Murray for example. TBH this goes with the characters. I can't imagine Nicholson with a low norwood, I have never seen him(on the telly) as a low norwood: from “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” to “The Bucket List”...
And clint Eastwood... Well He is just clint Eastwood ! luckily he had a cowboy hat in "the good the bad and the ugly"^^ this man is just on the Clintwood Scale Pattern Baldness. His face is his character.

jnestor481

Reaction score

I was just watching The Shining the other night and thought the same thing. Seems like some men just go to NW3 in their 30s or so and will stay there until old age. My father's hair receded a bit in his 40s to a NW3 and is only now starting to diffuse as he nears 60 years old. Too bad I didn't get those genes. Receding and thinning in my 20s...Ugh.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think Eastwood had a real problem with hair loss until the 80's, which is completely normal because he was more than fifty years old at the time.

resu

Reaction score

See at 8:51 for instance, he was already rapidly balding since the late 60's. I'm just impressed he never went full on cueball.

Here he's rocking the fauxhawk.

150115102445-clint-eastwood-0214-exlarge-169.jpg

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the documentary is from 1977, he was 47 years old at the time. I dont think that in the Sergio Leone movies (which by the way were shot in my country through the 60's :) like the Good, the bad and the ugly he was experiencing a strong hair loss. Maybe he started with the first Dirty Harry movie, it's hard to tell because he has long hair in those movies

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn! I'd kill for Eastwood's hairline now and he's twenty years older. You can check out a young Nicholson in the movie, The Terror, with Boris Karloff. (when Jack didn't know acting)

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these guys have probably gotten transplants. Eastwood seems like a prime candidate. Results are quite good by the time you have older-guy expectations and you still have a relatively small area to cover.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They all had noticeably thinning hair a few years ago. Now their hair looks near perfect. I have a hard time believing this is the work of transplants alone.
What gives? What are they doing that we arent.
Is it just make up and concealer?

I know its not that crap McConaughey was pushing a few months ago.

Seriously, did these men time travel to 2020 for the cure then came back to taunt us?

Yeah, especially Steve Carell. His hair always looked bad, as bad plugs. It gradually "filled" with his transplant later in the show though.

Look at him when he first started.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A close friend of mine from Nashville got a hair transplant, he’s been very guarded about it and not many people know but he mentioned to me it was the same surgeon that did mconaughey transplant. The friend is extremely honest so I’m almost certain that’s MM secret

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’ve seen the new Avengers movie, you can see Chris Pratt having the typical “hair transplant” hairline. Very thick and sparse. He’s had a hair transplant imo.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
A close friend of mine from Nashville got a hair transplant, he’s been very guarded about it and not many people know but he mentioned to me it was the same surgeon that did mconaughey transplant. The friend is extremely honest so I’m almost certain that’s MM secret

McConaughey is a frontal piece, not a hair transplant.

You can see the loss here:

When grown out a bit, it's not so bad