Chris Pratt, Steve Carrell, Matthew Mcconaughey, Mark Cuban, What Do These Men Have In Common?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

What a load of crap.

Just googled regenix and at a quick glance it looks like more hipster bullshit

https://www.regenix.com/

I wonder if they're paying him. If you're already putting it out there and admitting to having been balding and treating your hairloss, why wouldn't you just say what you actually used?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just googled regenix and at a quick glance it looks like more hipster bullshit

https://www.regenix.com/

I wonder if they're paying him. If you're already putting it out there and admitting to having been balding and treating your hairloss, why wouldn't you just say what you actually used?

I know. Its frustrating. He doesnt need the extra money from promoting this.
And if he did, I bet if he had just mentioned his transplants surgeon name he could also be compensated well for that. And that bit of info might actually help people

whoken

Reaction score
he just made $100,000 if not a TON more

Probably since the full two years treatment costs about 6000 USD.

This product has also the luxury to make your hair thinner sometimes, like when you don't expect your picture is going public.

alg-mcconaughey-alves-baby-jpg.jpg

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know. Its frustrating. He doesnt need the extra money from promoting this.
And if he did, I bet if he had just mentioned his transplants surgeon name he could also be compensated well for that. And that bit of info might actually help people

You cant even find their ingredients..He should be ashamed really.

he must have gotten a lot of money for that plug OR he is a silent investor.

The way it was set up makes me wonder if ABC has some kind of a stake in this as well:

"you have the greatest hair", immediate transition into ad for regenix

I mean, unless someone has a stake in this, I don't know why he wouldn't of just been like "thanks!" and not acknowledged his hair loss at all, or if he felt the need to talk about it, just been like "I'm on propecia," or "I had a transplant"

The whole thing is just really weird. No one is going to convince me that the vague hipsteresque product from that site is responsible for the mad hair gains he experienced

What's sad is more people have now probably heard of regenix than propecia

whoken

Reaction score
I wonder if they're paying him. If you're already putting it out there and admitting to having been balding and treating your hair loss, why wouldn't you just say what you actually used?

I think there is a shame to admitting to hair transplants, concealers and hair pieces, maybe even drugs. Putting a lotion on it's one thing the public can identify with, everyone, balding or not, has been putting something on their hair one time or another. But going under a surgery, when a whole strap of your scalp gets cut and hairs manually transplanted, yeah that's suddenly doesn't sound so relatable, getting out of our sad circle, the idea of hair transplant is not that accepted if not laughable.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The way it was set up makes me wonder if ABC has some kind of a stake in this as well:

"you have the greatest hair", immediate transition into ad for regenix

I mean, unless someone has a stake in this, I don't know why he wouldn't of just been like "thanks!" and not acknowledged his hair loss at all, or if he felt the need to talk about it, just been like "I'm on propecia," or "I had a transplant"

The whole thing is just really weird. No one is going to convince me that the vague hipsteresque product from that site is responsible for the mad hair gains he experienced

What's sad is more people have now probably heard of regenix than propecia

I think there is a shame to admitting to hair transplants, concealers and hair pieces, maybe even drugs. Putting a lotion on it's one thing the public can identify with, everyone, balding or not, has been putting something on their hair one time or another. But going under a surgery, when a whole strap of your scalp gets cut and hairs manually transplanted, yeah that's suddenly doesn't sound so relatable, getting out of our sad circle, the idea of hair transplant is not that accepted if not laughable.

I do think there is an internalized shame in Andgrogeneic over other types of hair loss.

I don't even know 'why' but their was something 'embarrassing' for me about hearing Androgenic over Areata (which is worse visually often if its aggressive) or thyroid or iron etc.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
McCounaughey is probably using Finasteride and prepares his hair really well with a soft wax on it and something like hair fibers. If you look at it from a side you can see it's a combover, my brother has something similar he combs the hair in the center of his hairline diagonal.

Check the video clip on that show that is linked a few posts back..look at the his head hair from the sides when the camera zooms in, you can see something powder-like on the temples and the hair in the middle falling over it.

He might still have a very little job done to make his recessions less vertical in the center but I highly doubt he did more as what he's doing now looks a lot more natural with his hair covering the balding spots and with the slight wax and powder-substance (hair fibers?) on the temples.

Here's a shot of his real hairline, in the wind:

Photos-Matthew-McConaughey-son-marathon-pour-Interstellar-enfin-termine_portrait_w674.jpg

I'm really sure he is using Finasteride as his thinnning and receding seems to have stopped in the late 90's, just after Propecia got on the market.

His face skin seems to lack the oiliness of most adult men. When I started Finasteride I also noticed that my skin became less oily. It's kinda hard to explain but when I look in the mirror or touch my skin it feels like when I was a kid...I always had very oily skin and according to my dermatologist it's a side-effect of the medication.

What I'm trying to say in regards to his hairline is that he has a very vertical (more rectangular) recession and he's using some powder-like substance on his temples and wax on the hair in his temples to make his hairline look more diagonal.

Last edited:

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score

Exactly.
And I get it, he's too proud to say something like "oh yea my hair is great, had 2 hair transplant's back in 1999-2000",
Because then suddenly the big McConaughey seems human and fragile, and who wants that?
He wants people to look at him as Mark Hanna/Rust Cohle, not as Ron Woodroof.
To be like "yea I grew back everything with some stupid lotion, No sweat...what? the lotion has never worked for anyone but me? oh well, lucky me I guess haha."
Otherwise he's not "natural" anymore and "tries too hard", he wants everyone to put him in the same "hair category"
as George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Chris Hemsworth and Bradley Cooper.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

When the dude told him he had great hair then, he should've just said "thanks!"

No need to got out of his way to mention his previous balding and then credit some bullshit scam product

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly McConaughey was on TWO talk shows promoting this product not just one. So it really screamed sales pitch the second time I heard it

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
If I remember correctly McConaughey was on TWO talk shows promoting this product not just one. So it really screamed sales pitch the second time I heard it

He's been hawking it and helping to scam sufferers since 2001. I only wish there was a hell for him to burn in. I mean there's greed and then there's GREED.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's been hawking it and helping to scam sufferers since 2001. I only wish there was a hell for him to burn in. I mean there's greed and then there's GREED.

Man why is he aligned with this company? And why the f*** would he do this to people?

Knowingly guiding desperate people with a condition to the wrong solution is among the worse things you can do imo

there's murder, rape, f*****g your homie's girl, then this

Makes me wonder if he sold his soul or something

Perhaps this company has some kind of Illuminati connection
disneyworld007-4269958_273_209.jpg

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly.
And I get it, he's too proud to say something like "oh yea my hair is great, had 2 hair transplant's back in 1999-2000",
Because then suddenly the big McConaughey seems human and fragile, and who wants that?
To be like "yea I grew back everything with some stupid lotion, No sweat...what? the lotion has never worked for anyone but me? oh well, lucky me I guess haha."
Otherwise he's not "natural" anymore and "tries too hard", he wants everyone to put him in the same "hair category"

women do this with plastic surgery and fillers and treatments as well..although fillers 'some' are being more honest and upfront unfortunately its usually people who are over doing it so its obvious so i guess they feel they cant deny it.
The truth is great work is NOT obvious so these procedures get bad rep because only the over done people are outed...same can be said probably at times for hair transplants.
More people need to be honest about it.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ive always wanted to like this dude cause he comes across like a down home guy, but this sh*t is despicable and makes me think hes a snake

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly.

women do this with plastic surgery and fillers and treatments as well..although fillers 'some' are being more honest and upfront unfortunately its usually people who are over doing it so its obvious so i guess they feel they cant deny it.
The truth is great work is NOT obvious so these procedures get bad rep because only the over done people are outed...same can be said probably at times for hair transplants.
More people need to be honest about it.

Personally I'm more ashamed that I use minoxidil than that I take finasteride. To me it's an incredibly degrading image of myself rubbing this sh*t on my hairline twice a day, as opposed to just popping a pill, which doesn't seem like a big deal

I'm not open about my hair loss or that I treat it, but if cornered about it finasteride would be the first thing I'd credit