Cetirizine (or Indomethacine) With Oral Castor Oil Or Setipiprant

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Indomethacine (not sure about Cetirizine though) can lower PGD2 but the PGE2 as well. So I thought taking oral castor oil (make sure its ricin-free, ricin is a poison which can be found in castor plants) to compensate the PGE2 inhibiting effects of Indomethacine/Cetirizine.

MorePlatesMoreDates said that oral castor oil gave him better results than topical PGE2+needling.

If I can compensate with the PGE2, which one of those will be more effective? Setipiprant or Indomethacine/Cetirizine?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you need a high dose of seti for it to do anything, 1G a day did nothing for me and sh*t was it expensive. Try cetirizine topically first, it's local, less risky, less expensive and is proven to reduce PGD2.

More than 5ml oral castor oil will probably give you diarrhea. And pretty much all castor oil is free of ricin isn't it?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be ricin-free, but I’m curious if some brand f*cked up during the process.

Is there any comparison on their efficiency (between ceti, seti and indo)?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be ricin-free, but I’m curious if some brand f*cked up during the process.

Is there any comparison on their efficiency (between ceti, seti and indo)?

Not that I know of. Cetirizine is actually more proven than seti to fight hair loss https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133

It could even increase PGE2
"Cetirizine a second generation anti-histaminic agent and more specifically an H1 receptor blocker has been observed to reduce PGD2 release from mast cells,71 whereas, increase the release of PGE2 in a concentration-dependent manner, from human monocytes in in vitro setting." - source

Actually once my 2nd transplant grows in a bit more I'll be using it alongside topical castor oil with some kind of penetration enhancer. Curious to hear how you get on with this approach as well.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I know of. Cetirizine is actually more proven than seti to fight hair loss https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133

It could even increase PGE2
"Cetirizine a second generation anti-histaminic agent and more specifically an H1 receptor blocker has been observed to reduce PGD2 release from mast cells,71 whereas, increase the release of PGE2 in a concentration-dependent manner, from human monocytes in in vitro setting." - source
would you dermaroll with it?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would you dermaroll with it?

Yes although maybe don't apply the day after rolling as you want an inflammatory response.

The studies used it topically, I doubt oral does much without a very high dose in which case you'd probably just fall asleep

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use cetirizine and can you say that it's more effective tthan setipiprant? If so what was the percentage of the cetirizine? Thank you.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i want to further experiment with the pgd2 angle too ( i'm already using prostaquinon with not much results) and can't order seti atm , so i would like to know what kind of vehicle you're using for cetirizine and where do you order it? thanks you very much and i already got some voltaren gel at home can i just use it as it is on my hair? sry to bother you

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i want to further experiment with the pgd2 angle too ( i'm already using prostaquinon with not much results) and can't order seti atm , so i would like to know what kind of vehicle you're using for cetirizine and where do you order it? thanks you very much and i already got some voltaren gel at home can i just use it as it is on my hair? sry to bother you

Cyclo silicone pentamer

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A preliminary study on topical cetirizine in the therapeutic management of androgenetic alopecia.

We found that the main effect of cetirizine was an increase in total hair density, terminal hair density and diameter variation from T0 to T1, while the vellus hair density shows an evident decrease. The use of a molecule as cetirizine, with no notable side effects, makes possible a good compliance by patients.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133

10.1080@09546634.2017.1341610.pdf
I know it Thank you very much

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you again but is there a way for me as a french citizen to order the very same coumpounded formulation you're using?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you again but is there a way for me as a french citizen to order the very same coumpounded formulation you're using?
Yes, you can get a prescription and your local Pharma can make it
Easy, cheap, fast (23eur for 100ml here )