CBS Evening News tommorow...balding cure

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
gnome said:
If they're starting phase II now this month, say it takes 6 months or so.. is it so out of question that phase III could start early 2007 and end after about 6-7 months? With some planning, the whole thing *could* come out late 2007, could it not?

Just saying. I have no idea how much time each phase needs and how much time it takes to go from concept to finished service in this case. Just something to mull about. I think 2009 is way too generous though, at the very least out in 2008. Thoughts?

I was under the impression that there was little need for Phase III, as this was neither a drug nor an invasive surgical procedure.

Normally Phase III's usually take a few years, but I was under the impression that in this case it would be much shorter.

Anyone know any more on this?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hedging 2010.

Unless they Anderans pulls the "brinning it out in Japan first" play.

For no reason whatsoever I think Intercytex has a better product.

Maybe I just like their website....and the fact that their lead guy has 66 HM hairs already growing from his scalp. (why didnt they take a photo of that?!)

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless they Anderans pulls the "brinning it out in Japan first" play.

It's quite possible that japan will be first as Aderans is a japanese company and the approval process for new drugs and junk in japan is very short compared to the FDA.

gnome

Reaction score
Wait, isn't phase III just a polish of phase II? How can that possibly take 3,5 years?

In any case, say it comes out in Japan first; does that benefit anyone outside of Japan? Is it ok to import medical technology that has been cleared in japan but not in the US or Europe? (broadly, I hate saying Europe like we're united in any other way than landmass)

powersam

Reaction score
this whole bypass phase 3 doesnt ring true to me. its not a surgical procedure as such, and there is a definate chance for unknown results which is the reason for these trials.

OCD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I sent Intercytex an E-mail asking about the timeline. Here's their reply.

"Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry that you feel so stressed – it’s awful for you.

It is hard to predict exactly, but here goes:

Phase II trials might be completed in 2007

Phase III trials might be completed in 2008

Regulatory approval processes might be completed in 2009

ICX-TRC may be on the market in 2010.

Please take heart.

Kind regards"

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
OCD said:
Hey guys, I sent Intercytex an E-mail asking about the timeline. Here's their reply.

"Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry that you feel so stressed – it’s awful for you.

It is hard to predict exactly, but here goes:

Phase II trials might be completed in 2007

Phase III trials might be completed in 2008

Regulatory approval processes might be completed in 2009

ICX-TRC may be on the market in 2010.

Please take heart.

Kind regards"

Well, there you have it... 4 more years, if we're lucky...

gnome

Reaction score
There is still the other company, and they might get it out quicker even though they're just starting phase 1. Who knows really. There seems to be conflicting reports; first 2008 and now 2010. Maybe they're just playing it conservatively. Last someone emailed them and posted it on this board, I believe Intercytex said they hoped to start phase II in the third quarter of 2006.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Awww

Damn you follicles, damn you mom and your crap genes, damn you grandmother that you didn't marry a man with great hair. Why couldn't you be more shallow so now I have to deal with it in this age of MTV!!!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Apoc said:
Awww

Damn you follicles, damn you mom and your crap genes, damn you grandmother that you didn't marry a man with great hair. Why couldn't you be more shallow so now I have to deal with it in this age of MTV!!!

Classic breakdown.

powersam

Reaction score
you wish your grandma married a guy with good hair? there is no truth that old wives tale that male pattern baldness is only passed down from the mothers side. but this is off topic.

2008 or 2010, either way the only thing we can do at the moment is concentrate on keeping the hair that we have at some cosmetically acceptable state. then hopefully all our worries and traumas will be swept away. it is of course only a matter of time before male pattern baldness becomes a thing of the past, hopefully soon enough to help us.

Felk

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread keeps going until HM comes out :p

At least that way, there will be so many of us researching and bothering the people responsible that we will have a general consensus as to the most probable release date :)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm going to cry myself to sleep, because I'm so happy...

My heart is going to explode of happiness...

This is really being tested... Great news.