CBS Evening News tommorow...balding cure

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
nervx said:
Todays News!

Intercytex is starting phase II this month.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article359620.ece

"This month phase two trials - to discover the most effective dose - begin on 50 people in Manchester and Harley Street in London. Scientists at Intercytex are trying to create a cell bank to allow cells to be transferred from one individual to another. Intercytex is looking at robotics to automate the process."

Did you not read this. It says transfer cells from one person to another. That's not HM.
You take hairs from your own scalp, not someone elses.

Hair won't grow from one person to another, this has been proven. The hair must belong to the original donor.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know what these guys are talking about.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
It's definitely HM. I'm not sure what the article is referring to, but Intercytex are developing HM.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
nervx said:
Todays News!

Intercytex is starting phase II this month.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article359620.ece

"This month phase two trials - to discover the most effective dose - begin on 50 people in Manchester and Harley Street in London. Scientists at Intercytex are trying to create a cell bank to allow cells to be transferred from one individual to another. Intercytex is looking at robotics to automate the process."

Did you not read this. It says transfer cells from one person to another. That's not HM.
You take hairs from your own scalp, not someone elses.

Hair won't grow from one person to another, this has been proven. The hair must belong to the original donor.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know what these guys are talking about.

It is HM so don't worry. Intercytex is probably trying the cell bank idea along side the standard procedure and who knows it could work. After all HM is far different than a hair transplant.

Felk

Reaction score
I have a different question regarding HM (well, different from "how much!?!?!" and "when?!?!" :p )

How will it work for early stage male pattern baldness sufferers? Would we just gradually add multiplied hair as the hair thinned/receded?

If so, i hope we can pay for the whole thing up front, and then go back as needed. It'll kill me to have to pay for multiple.... multiplications... hehehe.

Anyone know anything about this?

Chrisknight

Reaction score
It said it will work for dissue thinners, so that's good news for people with thinning back and sides.

and on women, whose hair thins out rather than being lost in a receding hairline.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
With hair transplants there is something called 'shock fallout' in which the hair near the transplant falls out due to the shock. Oftimes the hair doesn't grow back, forcing the person to keep getting more and more transplants, as the original hair continues to fall out. This is a fact.

I don't know if this also will be the case with HM, but I think diffuse thinners, or just about anyone else must plan on filling the entire head, with the exception of the sides and the back.

So ultimately, the process, over time, will be much greater than you can imagine. Filling an entire head with hair will just be damn expensive, and there's no way around that. IMO

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
I have a different question regarding HM (well, different from "how much!?!?!" and "when?!?!" :p )

How will it work for early stage male pattern baldness sufferers? Would we just gradually add multiplied hair as the hair thinned/receded?

If so, i hope we can pay for the whole thing up front, and then go back as needed. It'll kill me to have to pay for multiple.... multiplications... hehehe.

Anyone know anything about this?

They've said you only need one biopsy then you can go back as you need touch ups. I doubt you'll be able to pay for the whole thing up front though. You'll likely pay the main fee first then small touch up fees.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it means nothing, but on the Intercytex website they have a basic image outlining the process of HM.

I think its nice that the head in the image is a norwood 7.

gnome

Reaction score
I don't really have anything to add other than my sheer enthusiasm, if only at the conceptual form of HM as I'm totally broke right now :)
But I hope Bosley understand that the majority of customers are like me - financially broke but willing in spirit :). They need to work with us, not against us.

This is great news indeed.. a few months ago, or rather a month ago I heard talks about intercytex maybe not starting phase 2 until third quarter of this year. And now out of the blue they're starting. How does this bode for a release? Or is it impossible to determine each phase's lenght by educated guesses derived from the phase before it?

Also good news about it costing 10 000 dollars 2 years ago. One can only hope much have changed. Keep the thread going with great news, it makes me feel much less antagonistic against my hair in general, and taking medicine not prescribed for me in perticular.

Chrisknight

Reaction score
switters said:
I know it means nothing, but on the Intercytex website they have a basic image outlining the process of HM.

I think its nice that the head in the image is a norwood 7.

Link?

northeastguy

Reaction score
Forgive me as I've not kept up with this thread as I should,because it's 28 pages long.... But from the link posted above, this looks promising right? How hard could this really be with all the technology and advances we have made? I know it's complex, but basically the procedure looks pretty simple. I'm definitely hopeful for this...

gnome

Reaction score
If they're starting phase II now this month, say it takes 6 months or so.. is it so out of question that phase III could start early 2007 and end after about 6-7 months? With some planning, the whole thing *could* come out late 2007, could it not?

Just saying. I have no idea how much time each phase needs and how much time it takes to go from concept to finished service in this case. Just something to mull about. I think 2009 is way too generous though, at the very least out in 2008. Thoughts?