CBS Evening News tommorow...balding cure

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Why are we doomed apart from Tsuji? This is what’s wrong with this forum people just spouting any old rubbish... the earliest release date for something is 2018... so wait till then... no point in coming to the forum tomorrow and saying ITS STILL NOT OUT WE ARE DOOMED... no it’s not out because it’s still 2018 it’s coming out... just calm down jesus

True, and that's not even counting Brotzu lotion in 2016!

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets hope hair cloning comes in 5 years max and lets hope by then they will be able to multiply as many hairs as we need. Also for those of us that still have hair but we are fighting the loss with meds it would be nice if we could have those cells injected over our existing DHT sensitive hairs to replace them with non DHT sensitive hairs. This way we can drop the meds and pain in the *** topicals like Minoxidil,ect.

Do you guys think that would be possible?

Posted in 2006...Ouch...mha hart...mah sole

shookwun

Reaction score
True, and that's not even counting Brotzu lotion in 2016!
DcoAvTa.gif

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my plan, get a decent job save 95% of my money if you make 30k a year with a bit of bills it'll take you 3 or 4 years max to save that much. In my case I only make 20,000 with some bills so it might take 5 or 6 years. Is there anyway you can get like a 50,000 loan when you're broke as f***? Lol

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tsuji will be ridiculously expensive... like 50.000$ minimum.

I'm guessing no, not 50k because most people, meaning the market for baldness treatments, couldn't afford it. And I'll say just two words, "Sony Betamax." At the time, in the mid 1970s, Sony was looking to cash in on what was the best home video cassette technology. Lo, then came VHS video cassette players, a lesser video player technology as well as producing lower video quality. In the end, and although Sony's technology was the best and therefore they felt the higher price tag would be worth it to consumers, they lost the video tech war to Hitachi and VHS, a more affordable home video system that despite its lesser video quality, it satisfied most peoples' expectations for a movie player.

I think whichever companies or clinics license, or perhaps even buy the technology, will not want to repeat similar mistakes gambling on the market liking their technology so much they are willing to pay a premium for it. 50k might be affordable for very many people, like Sony's Betamax was similarly, but in the end the company's sales and marketing people will want to go after market share and keep it. Therefore they will want to offer the procedure at a price most people can afford, and then they will want to improve on the technology so as to stay ahead of the competition. And there will surely be competition if this works.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing no, not 50k because most people, meaning the market for baldness treatments, couldn't afford it. And I'll say just two words, "Sony Betamax." At the time, in the mid 1970s, Sony was looking to cash in on what was the best home video cassette technology. Lo, then came VHS video cassette players, a lesser video player technology as well as producing lower video quality. In the end, and although Sony's technology was the best and therefore they felt the higher price tag would be worth it to consumers, they lost the video tech war to Hitachi and VHS.

I think whichever companies or clinics license, or perhaps even buy the technology, will not want to repeat similar mistakes gambling on the market liking their technology so much they are willing to pay a premium for it. 50k might be affordable for very many people, like Sony's Betamax was similarly, but in the end the company's sales and marketing people will want to go after market share and keep it. Therefore they will want to offer the procedure at a price most people can afford, and then they will want to improve on the technology so as to stay ahead of the competition. And there will surely be competition if this works.
Yea I think we can all agree that after a while it will be affordable, but will that be a year after? A decade? Another problem is if they make it too cheap they'll have a 10 year line since they're going to treat only 10,000 people the first year, so that tells me at first it'll definitely be pretty expensive, hopefully not over 100k or I'd rather just buy me a shitty house that will accompany my shitty hair.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the equilibrium price will be but surely not that much. They won't want to sabotage future profits, like Sony did with Betamax. The market can be fickle.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No more than $6k to maybe $15K, or the average cost of a surgical hair transplant today. I think they would stand to make a lot more money by selling or leasing the protocol world wide as opposed to expecting the world to come to Japan. Like the Replicel-Shiseido deal is hoped to be a procedure they can sell in Asian countries, so, too, I think will Tsuji-Riken want to attain global market penetration asap. This business with keeping it in Japan won't last long I think. Asia was the largest economy many centuries ago. It will be again if it isn't already. Will they have competition?

It depends on a number of factors I think. For one, everyone knows USC researchers have figured out how to activate HF stem cells if only in mice, and Costarelis is among a dozen or so co-authors on that research.

Personally I think the Clock is ticking on any hair replacement technology more labour-intensive than a topical cream and possibly used in tandem with "laser perturbation." Tsuji's method might have market dominance for possibly 10 years and possibly only 5 years. They'd better get busy. Either way, Tsuji's method will be an important breakthrough for the most difficult hair restorations, like burn victims and scarring alopecias, but don't quote me. I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No more than $6k to maybe $15K, or the average cost of a surgical hair transplant today. I think they would stand to make a lot more money by selling or leasing the protocol world wide as opposed to expecting the world to come to Japan. Like the Replicel-Shiseido deal is hoped to be a procedure they can sell in Asian countries, so, too, I think will Tsuji-Riken want to attain global market penetration asap. This business with keeping it in Japan won't last long I think. Asia was the largest economy many centuries ago. It will be again if it isn't already. Will they have competition?

It depends on a number of factors I think. For one, everyone knows USC researchers have figured out how to activate HF stem cells if only in mice, and Costarelis is among a dozen or so co-authors on that research.

Personally I think the Clock is ticking on any hair replacement technology more labour-intensive than a topical cream and possibly used in tandem with "laser perturbation." Tsuji's method might have market dominance for possibly 10 years and possibly only 5 years. They'd better get busy.
I just thought about it, they're government funded, wouldn't it be smart to keep the business in japan for as long as possible? Maybe make it cheap enough to where it'll bring hundreds of thousands of people a year but still keep it in japan for as long as possible, kind of makes sense. lol

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And keep in mind that Shiseido(Replicel) mentioned a price of 100,000 Yen($1000) for their procedure if it pans out. And I believe they mentioned wanting to expand into China and other Asian countries. A lot more customers on continent than Japan. If they go to the bother of patenting the procedure, I think Riken and Kyocera, a public-private partnership, will want to maximize profits. That doesn't mean charging hell out of people for it so much as finding the right price, selling it to as many balding people as possible and in the shortest amount of time before any possible competing technology starts mowing their grass so to speak. I don't think the Japanese government will restrict access to just Japanese and medical tourists, at least not for long. I don't really know, tho. I'm just speculating.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
And keep in mind that Shiseido(Replicel) mentioned a price of 100,000 Yen($1000) for their procedure if it pans out. And I believe they mentioned wanting to expand into China and other Asian countries. A lot more customers on continent than Japan. If they go to the bother of patenting the procedure, I think Riken and Kyocera, a public-private partnership, will want to maximize profits. That doesn't mean charging hell out of people for it so much as finding the right price, selling it to as many balding people as possible and in the shortest amount of time before any possible competing technology starts mowing their grass so to speak. I don't think the Japanese government will restrict access to just Japanese and medical tourists, at least not for long. I don't really know, tho. I'm just speculating.
Yea none of us really know, I'm glad we can come up with theories on what will happen, it helps everybody think about future implications on getting the treatment and pricing and stuff.