Carlos Wesley Prp Video. Nothing Earth Shattering

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too much variability, and remember, you're seeing the very best outcomes they produce. And there's no transforming high NWs into "full heads" - a full head of hair has 100k-150k follicles, and since a NW4-5 has maybe 25k follicles left, what's being done is an illusion of full hair under the very best conditions with half a bottle of toppik thrown in for good measure.

But whatever floats your boat.

A skilled surgeon is going to produce consistently good results. Yes, some are better than others that goes without saying. I think it comes down to expectations. The guy in that first video goes from being basically bald to basically having a nice head of hair. Does he have the same number of follicles that he did in his twenties? Well...no, but hairloss is an aesthetic issue. Aesthetically, his hair looks immeasurably better and those look like very average lighting conditions. Conditions you would encounter in pretty much any office building. If you're looking for something that is going to turn you from a NW6 to a rock star with wet hair under recessed lighting, you're basically waiting for Tsuji to get here in 2023 or whenever.

Oh by the way - I use toppik and neither of the guys in that video are rocking concealer. FWIW

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Just because some doctors are unethical doesn't mean it makes sense to dismiss hair transplants out of hand. Some surgeons are extremely skilled and take bald guys and to the untrained, non-hairloss obsessed eye, turn them into fullheads so long as they tolerate propecia.

Nothing sketchy about that lighting.
Bucky and Sunchyme is your hair like this guy before the transplant?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bucky and Sunchyme is your hair like this guy before the transplant?

mine is most similar to the second guy. but i have more loss. i have thinning in the crown also.

pretty typical male pattern baldness, receding hairline, crown loss. mid section is a bit thicker.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somebody is charging 2k per PRP treatment? that person should be hung, lol

I was never quoted that much.

I was quoted with acell $1000 per treatment and recommended 2x
I was also quoted $600 per treatment for PRP alone with another Dr who recommended 1x a month for few months--she is actually a friend of mine a dermatologist--i do know she had to buy the 'kits' and part of that is in the price...I also saw pics that looked good but it was women. If that is just her patients or to do with female hair loss I dont know--i know i see more women talk positively about in on other message boards vs the men (generally speaking).

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure what 'acell' is, but 1000 is still on the expensive side. PRP kits are only a couple hundred. I know guys in Europe who get their shots done for about 150 a pop (sporting injury related), one guy got at least a dozen shots in his knees. Everything in America seems like a huge scam.... But hey, if it works, right?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what 'acell' is, but 1000 is still on the expensive side. PRP kits are only a couple hundred. I know guys in Europe who get their shots done for about 150 a pop (sporting injury related), one guy got at least a dozen shots in his knees. Everything in America seems like a huge scam.... But hey, if it works, right?

well where i live to be honest $1000 for a treatment with acell is not expensive...acell alone cost the Dr $500.

No offense but do some research.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Somebody is charging 2k per PRP treatment? that person should be hung, lol
You don't have a clue.
Give me your price breakdown of the nurse, equipment, dr, office clerk, etc.
well where i live to be honest $1000 for a treatment with acell is not expensive...acell alone cost the Dr $500.

No offense but do some research.

Most don't have a clue.
I believe the angel system is still the go to method. Its acell debatable if another type/cheaper compound could replace it. Not sure if the RCI-01 injector could be a better delivery system.

Ideally you need multiple injections within months apart. I can't afford that.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did PRP and it did absolutely nothing for me. The doctor, who was initially a big advocate for this procedure, stopped performing PRP because it simply didn't work on any of his patients.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did PRP and it did absolutely nothing for me. The doctor, who was initially a big advocate for this procedure, stopped performing PRP because it simply didn't work on any of his patients.

what were you expecting? regrowth or maintenaince?

how can you tell it did nothing for you if your on a bunch of other drugs already?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you tell it did something for you if your on a bunch of other drugs already?

I love people who claim it provides "maintenance." Oh yeah? So you did a hair count pre and post, and followed for six months? You tattooed your head to make sure you're counting in the right spot? And you stopped everything else you were doing?

As to who charges $2k, Grecco, Bernstein - pretty much any of the best know offices.

It's been available for a decade; given how absolutely batshit crazy the forums are, do you think that if something worked, we wouldn't see and read about it all over the forums?

There's a very high level of mental illness on these forums (and I mean that literally, not pejoratively), and it swings both ways; people become overly pessimistic about things that may work in the future, but they also internalize and defend things that don't work simply because they need and want them to work, taking criticism of an ineffective treatment as a personal insult. If you think it's "maintaining" for you, great, that's exactly what the hair transplant docs are counting on. There's a reason gold-standard derms don't do it - they make enough money off legitimate, proven treatments that they don't need to sell snake oil. hair transplant docs? Not so much.

Bernstein does not charge $2000 per treatment...that is most likely 2 treatments 4 months apart with follow up exams and consultation included and i would bet he adds Acell if the tis what he is charging

we can for sure debate if it works or not--i have no beef with that

but please don't misrepresent pricing its unethical for you to do so.

yes it is expensive so you don't have to exaggerate it even more

only 1 Dr i know of charges $3000 for a single treatment and that is Dr Passard--who is indeed a snake oil salesman. but even he is not charging that for JUST prp he adds things to it--but still myself i would never let him touch me for anything.

I never heard of Dr Grecco charging $2000 for a single treatment with just PRP and nothing else in it.

If you are going to add to the thread--then can you show ups documentation of these price quotes or a link to a person who reported paying that much for a single treatment that also states which Dr he used?

otherwise you are just muddying a thread where people are legitimately trying to discuss the treatment if it is truly viable option for some--not everyone--but some.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you tell it did something for you if your on a bunch of other drugs already?

I love people who claim it provides "maintenance." Oh yeah? So you did a hair count pre and post, and followed for six months? You tattooed your head to make sure you're counting in the right spot? And you stopped everything else you were doing?

As to who charges $2k, Grecco, Bernstein - pretty much any of the best know offices.

It's been available for a decade; given how absolutely batshit crazy the forums are, do you think that if something worked, we wouldn't see and read about it all over the forums?

There's a very high level of mental illness on these forums (and I mean that literally, not pejoratively), and it swings both ways; people become overly pessimistic about things that may work in the future, but they also internalize and defend things that don't work simply because they need and want them to work, taking criticism of an ineffective treatment as a personal insult. If you think it's "maintaining" for you, great, that's exactly what the hair transplant docs are counting on. There's a reason gold-standard derms don't do it - they make enough money off legitimate, proven treatments that they don't need to sell snake oil. hair transplant docs? Not so much.

lol i wasnt being a dick to that guy

i was genuinely asking what he was hoping for. i no nothing about this treatment. im only here because doctorhouse told me to look into it.

im not taking any more hormone drugs so im looking for anything else that help me to at least slow it down

he said it did nothing for him. what does he mean by this? regrowth ,maintenance? and if hes using a bunch of other sh*t, how can you tell whats doing what?

if this stuff can at least slow my loss down a bit, then that would be useful to me

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i wasnt being a dick to that guy

i was genuinely asking what he was hoping for. i no nothing about this treatment. im only here because doctorhouse told me to look into it.

im not taking any more hormone drugs so im looking for anything else that help me to at least slow it down

he said it did nothing for him. what does he mean by this? regrowth ,maintenance? and if hes using a bunch of other sh*t, how can you tell whats doing what?

if this stuff can at least slow my loss down a bit, then that would be useful to me

Thats the problem with some of these threads people troll them 'fake' blah blah blah

which maybe they dont work i dont know--but we cant even discuss it without people being like over active witch hunters--they should just start other threads.

for some of us this may be a great option and i would love the people who are actually up on the science to read the studies and see the rational behind it and then discuss it..That never seems to happen with PRP and its so f*****g annoying because its something i am seriously considering for a yearly or off yearly option until something better comes along that i can use.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what were you expecting? regrowth or maintenaince?

how can you tell it did nothing for you if your on a bunch of other drugs already?

I was expecting regrowth. To put this in perspective, I had this procedure done years ago when it first came out as a possible procedure to restore lost hair. It didn't work for me at all. Like most guys, I look at my hair every day, and I would certainly know if I've lost or gained enough hair that made an impact. My bottom line is, if I can't tell if a certain drug or procedure has noticeably affected my hair, then it doesn't work. Period.

After several years of performing PRP, my doctor eliminated this procedure from his practice because it didn't work for any of his patients. Not one.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats the problem with some of these threads people troll them 'fake' blah blah blah

which maybe they dont work i dont know--but we cant even discuss it without people being like over active witch hunters--they should just start other threads.

for some of us this may be a great option and i would love the people who are actually up on the science to read the studies and see the rational behind it and then discuss it..That never seems to happen with PRP and its so f*****g annoying because its something i am seriously considering for a yearly or off yearly option until something better comes along that i can use.

f*****g trolls :D:D

me sitting opposite to a nw7 guy last night made me realise how much i dont wana get there. i want to keep something on top even if its not great. it makes a big difference to me.

so im open to anything. anything to help slow it down

ive read mixed stuff about prp over the last day or so. so maybe its like most treatments. some it helps, some it doesnt

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was expecting regrowth. To put this in perspective, I had this procedure done years ago when it first came out as a possible procedure to restore lost hair. It didn't work for me at all. Like most guys, I look at my hair every day, and I would certainly know if I've lost or gained enough hair that made an impact. My bottom line is, if I can't tell if a certain drug or procedure has noticeably affected my hair, then it doesn't work. Period.

After several years of performing PRP, my doctor eliminated this procedure from his practice because it didn't work for any of his patients. Not one.

were you on any other drugs during this time?

so you got no regrowth, what about maintenance? did at least slow down your loss? or did your hair loss continue at the same rate before and after these prp treatments?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you are retarded.
If you have the money PRP makes perfect sense. If you don't have the money, stay away from PRP.

If you're a troll, I hope you find peace.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you are retarded.
If you have the money PRP makes perfect sense. If you don't have the money, stay away from PRP.

If you're a troll, I hope you find peace.

trolls never find peace :D

whats your take on prp mach?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lDr i went to for consult told me 2x 4 months apart and then not again for like 18-24 months they use Acell.
But another Dr does it every 6 weeks for several months no Acell.

If i do it I am going with first.

but again no way to know if it works....even if I get good results--womens hair loss is different then men unless man is in 20s and has just started hair loss for few years and not aggressive...to use in conjunction with other treatments.
Its not a replacement or alternative to hair transplant surgery

its just another bridge to keep hair follicles working for longer.

Well it's your money at the end of the day and I'm only giving my opinion. it just seems like a lot of money for something that is at best temporary regardless of gender.