Carlos Wesley Prp Video. Nothing Earth Shattering

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's your money at the end of the day and I'm only giving my opinion. it just seems like a lot of money for something that is at best temporary regardless of gender.

I'm not rushing my final decision...and i welcome people to debate the science who actually watch the presentations and read the studies.

I am having great response to minoxidil.

Im using a topical spironolactone that has some other stuff mixed in.

and i am using Keto shampoo.

I just wish something would come out for women that works the way Propecia or finasteride does.

I'm hoping in 2018 we at least have more information on Brotuz, Folica, sammund and histogen.

If doing PRP for one year bridges me to something 'better' then its worth it..thats the decision I will eventually make.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
were you on any other drugs during this time?

so you got no regrowth, what about maintenance? did at least slow down your loss? or did your hair loss continue at the same rate before and after these prp treatments?

I've been on Finasteride and Minoxidil since 1988-ish. I have not regrown any of the hair that I've lost prior to starting minoxidil and Finasteride. I did go off Minoxidil for a while and then experienced a shed, so I got back on minoxidil and the hair that I had lost came back. The PRP treatment had no effect on my hair one way or the other.

I recently went off Finasteride, not because I want to, but because the India pharmacy that sent me my order got held up in customs. Interestingly enough, I haven't lost any hair in that time - it's been about 6 weeks, so I'm thinking about staying off Finasteride unless I experience a shed.

One thing is possibly encouraging, though. I bought 20 bottles of Bimatoprost and would put it on my head every once in awhile – I lost enthusiasm because I'd read a report that the Bimatoprost study wasn't going well. So I was very lazy about it, but about 6 weeks ago I started putting it on every morning on my crown, which is primarily bald. Nothing happened for the first month, but then, subtly, a bunch of hair is slowly growing in. Nothing cosmetic-worthy, but it's there, and more hairs are popping up each week. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it this develops into something. My routine now is to put the Bimatoprost on in the morning, and then 30 minutes later add the Minoxidil foam (generic version from Costco). If something interesting happens, I'll let you know.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Finasteride and Minoxidil since 1988-ish. I have not regrown any of the hair that I've lost prior to starting minoxidil and Finasteride. I did go off Minoxidil for a while and then experienced a shed, so I got back on minoxidil and the hair that I had lost came back. The PRP treatment had no effect on my hair one way or the other.

I recently went off Finasteride, not because I want to, but because the India pharmacy that sent me my order got held up in customs. Interestingly enough, I haven't lost any hair in that time - it's been about 6 weeks, so I'm thinking about staying off Finasteride unless I experience a shed.

One thing is possibly encouraging, though. I bought 20 bottles of Bimatoprost and would put it on my head every once in awhile – I lost enthusiasm because I'd read a report that the Bimatoprost study wasn't going well. So I was very lazy about it, but about 6 weeks ago I started putting it on every morning on my crown, which is primarily bald. Nothing happened for the first month, but then, subtly, a bunch of hair is slowly growing in. Nothing cosmetic-worthy, but it's there, and more hairs are popping up each week. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it this develops into something. My routine now is to put the Bimatoprost on in the morning, and then 30 minutes later add the Minoxidil foam (generic version from Costco). If something interesting happens, I'll let you know.

im just looking for maintenance treatments. anything to help slow down my hair. how much did your bimatoprost cost you and where did u get it from? sounds interesting

i think 6 weeks is a little early for your hair to start to falling out again. it took me a while after i dropped finasteride to noticed my hairloss.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing i had not heard before that was in video (jesus it was so boring could not listen to whole thing)
was about new blood vessels that are created from this...Im not sure if he is 'hypothesizing' or 'knows' this to be factual...and that the new blood vessels around the hair follicles helps to grow the hair.
I mean is that similar to what minxodil does?

I wish more people into the 'science' of hair watched the video---but it is super boring.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im just looking for maintenance treatments. anything to help slow down my hair. how much did your bimatoprost cost you and where did u get it from? sounds interesting

i think 6 weeks is a little early for your hair to start to falling out again. it took me a while after i dropped finasteride to noticed my hairloss.

I got 20 bottles for $280, which includes shipping, but you can buy a few or up to 50. On the site it says it costs $310, but they provide an instant discount. Takes about 10-14 days to get the product. Below is the link to the Bimatoprost. I also get my Finasteride from them.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-568-careprost-eye-drops-003-bimatoprost.aspx

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP seems to benefit people with minimal hair loss. If it is a male in his twenties, it seems to have
some benefit.

Hair surgeons make more money on transplants. For that reason, I often think sometimes they are
a shady investment.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score

Were you able to completely stop further hairloss since 1988.I mean to ask, have u lost hair further after 1988, which is like 29 years?
If no, that is a huge success story. And BTW any sides?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...new-hair-loss-treatments.104295/#post-1453503

Stay tuned. I'll be getting whatever treatment Cole recommends in 4-5 months.

Has anybody looked into or heard anything about Dr. Cole's additional stem cell treatment the "follicle stem cell" procedure. Apparently Cole did this in addition to Sonicated PRP from this thread

http://forum.hairsite.com/t/follicl...platelet-rich-plasma-prp-hair-treatment/27247

It seems like a dumbed down, immediate version of Replicel without the cultivation. Thoughts?

Yeah i think Mach (above) is going to Dr Cole if not mistaken.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but has anyone heard about what Cole is a guess testing or at least talking about in that forum (Dec '16). He basically wants to extract the budge/stem cells mechanically from a few donor follicles and I suppose mix that with his prp and inject it back. Has this been done like this before. Without any kind of cultivation like replicel, just a grab the stem cells and put em back in the front

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but has anyone heard about what Cole is a guess testing or at least talking about in that forum (Dec '16). He basically wants to extract the budge/stem cells mechanically from a few donor follicles and I suppose mix that with his prp and inject it back. Has this been done like this before. Without any kind of cultivation like replicel, just a grab the stem cells and put em back in the front

He is doing this in USA???

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you able to completely stop further hairloss since 1988.I mean to ask, have u lost hair further after 1988, which is like 29 years?
If no, that is a huge success story. And BTW any sides?

I have kept my hair since I started using minoxidil and Finasteride - but it may be a false positive. What I mean by that is that my dad had hairloss in the crown and his hairline receded. My hair was just about where he was when I started taking the medications. So I haven't lost any hair since then, but maybe my receding and hairloss already stopped based on my genetics. I did go on Avodart for about 7 months, but I found that it gave me shortness of breath and a rapid heart beat. After I went off it, the side effects went away in a couple weeks.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to know really if PRP thickens up the minoxidil regrowth...thats my deciding factor.

I got a lot of regrowth from minoxidil but its skinny and miniaturized...i would want those hairs to fatten up if possible.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to know really if PRP thickens up the minoxidil regrowth...thats my deciding factor.

I had PRP done with the harvest system in early Jan and It was the first time that I had a bump, slight but still something. However at that time I was in a super stressful, lke most stress I've ever been in my life, situation that I have since evacuated myself from and maybe I just let what I have grow a little longer..... so theres mine.

He is doing this in USA???

So I just spoke with their office to set up a sonicated PRP cause while I'm waiting for something else to come out I might as well and they said that this is super new, some bs about a few studies done in Italy and it only costs 500$ to have it done BUT they said so far they've only seen some thickening and density, no real regrowth. But @hairblues and @Mach it seems like we all have the same deal of at least decent coverage but needs to be buffed up. They won't be able to offer it again until June because of supplies they need to get but I think I'ma get it just because if they find anything remotely worth while they're gonna bump that up to $2000 like they did when PRP came out

on top of that the Dr. Cole rep I spoke to turned me onto this product that seems to be the only thing I've seen which is a WNT PATHWAY ACTIVATOR SPRAY. Ingredients don't say much except for all good things for hair growth/scalp ecosystem. 80$. I'll dig some more up on this spray and see if its worth it when I go to their office

check it out
https://www.haircycle.com/hair-loss-products/wnt-act

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had PRP done with the harvest system in early Jan and It was the first time that I had a bump, slight but still something. However at that time I was in a super stressful, lke most stress I've ever been in my life, situation that I have since evacuated myself from and maybe I just let what I have grow a little longer..... so theres mine.

So I just spoke with their office to set up a sonicated PRP cause while I'm waiting for something else to come out I might as well and they said that this is super new, some bs about a few studies done in Italy and it only costs 500$ to have it done BUT they said so far they've only seen some thickening and density, no real regrowth. But @hairblues and @Mach it seems like we all have the same deal of at least decent coverage but needs to be buffed up.

on top of that the Dr. Cole rep I spoke to turned me onto this product that seems to be the only thing I've seen which is a WNT PATHWAY ACTIVATOR SPRAY. Ingredients don't say much except for all good things for hair growth/scalp ecosystem. 80$. I'll dig some more up on this spray and see if its worth it when I go to their office

$500 is great price if it can thicken up regrowth or miniaturized hairs...for my hair type at least that would greatly improve.

Is that for 1 treatment and how many do you need in lets say a year?

The spray is something Dr Cole had made?

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So I just spoke with their office to set up a sonicated PRP cause while I'm waiting for something else to come out I might as well and they said that this is super new, some bs about a few studies done in Italy and it only costs 500$ to have it done BUT they said so far they've only seen some thickening and density, no real regrowth. But @hairblues and @Mach it seems like we all have the same deal of at least decent coverage but needs to be buffed up. They won't be able to offer it again until June because of supplies they need to get but I think I'ma get it just because if they find anything remotely worth while they're gonna bump that up to $2000 like they did when PRP came out

check it out
https://www.haircycle.com/hair-loss-products/wnt-act
\
So Cole is giving you sonicated prp for 500 bucks ? Are yopu getting ACELL with it ? Thats where the money is. I think its like 400 bucks a gram. Have you been there before ?