Carlos Wesley Prp Video. Nothing Earth Shattering

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no no it's still like 1800 for sonicated prp. The 500 is for the new not talked about thing Cole is doing that's follicular stem cell treatment. I guess it's same idea with prp but the stem cells come from your donor follicles, not blood

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Who did you talk to at the office?
From my understanding PRP increases the diameter of the hair. Not sure I'm sold on reversing miniaturized hair.
Usually Dr. Will send something out to bid or someone will come to the Dr. To put the Dr's name on it. Haircycle is Coles line. I'll probably head down in June or July.

No no no it's still like 1800 for sonicated prp. The 500 is for the new not talked about thing Cole is doing that's follicular stem cell treatment. I guess it's same idea with prp but the stem cells come from your donor follicles, not blood

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I talked to a rep that spoke with me after I did an interview.

Yeah he really didn't know much about either the follicular stem cell treatment or the wnt product on coles line but he said he had more data in front of him he'd show me when I went in. Going in tomorrow just to talk, maybe put down for sonicated

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think the name "WNT" is the title as a reference to Samumed, which is developing a drug that actually makes use of the WNT pathway. However I don't see how any of their ingredients relate to WNT.

Now as for the ingredients, this is a list of ingredients alleged to help with hair loss:

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Trehalose, , Panthenol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl vanillate, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine HCL, Serine, Threonine, Niacinamide, Faex Extract, Horse Chestnut (Aesculus Hippocastanum) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Biotin, Manganese PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Perfume)

I recognize castor oil, soy, Niacinamide, zinc, caffeine, biotin, from hair loss discussions. Maybe the other ingredients matter too.

[Google suggests that Nicotinamide = Niacinamide, I can't tell if that's true.]

Niacinamide is in the news because a company (Elysium Health) is developing it as a luxury anti-ageing supplement. Their pill also contains pterostilbene, which supposedly does everything better than resveratrol, the molecule that people think gives red wine its benefits:
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/534636/the-anti-aging-pill/

They don't give the percentages of these ingredients, so who knows if there is any effect at all. They claim to up-regulate the WNT pathway, but I see no evidence that they do -- perhaps it's elsewhere on the website.

By the way most knowledgeable people on this forum are Swoop and Armando Jose. I'm glad to answer your questions, but they are likely to give you more informed answers.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the name "WNT" is the title as a reference to Samumed, which is developing a drug that actually makes use of the WNT pathway. However I don't see how any of their ingredients relate to WNT.

Now as for the ingredients, this is a list of ingredients alleged to help with hair loss:

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Trehalose, , Panthenol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl vanillate, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine HCL, Serine, Threonine, Niacinamide, Faex Extract, Horse Chestnut (Aesculus Hippocastanum) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Biotin, Manganese PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Perfume)

I recognize castor oil, soy, Niacinamide, zinc, caffeine, biotin, from hair loss discussions. Maybe the other ingredients matter too.

Niacinamide is in the news because a company (Elysium Health) is developing it as a luxury anti-ageing supplement. Their pill also contains pterostilbene, which supposedly does everything better than resveratrol, the molecule that people think gives red wine its benefits:

They don't give the percentages of these ingredients, so who knows if there is any effect at all. They claim to up-regulate the WNT pathway, but I see no evidence that they do -- perhaps it's elsewhere on the website.

By the way most knowledgeable people on this forum are Swoop and Armando Jose. I'm glad to answer your questions, but they are likely to give you more informed answers.

Thanks David

Yeah I am just interested but not actually purchasing anything but i would love to get @Swoop and @Armando Jose thoughts on it since a plastic surgeon (Dr Cole, apparently) seems to have either developed it or is recommending it in his office (can see above posts from 2 of Dr Cole patients)

I'm just curious if his office is 'misleading' patients OR if there is 'some' credible science behind the listed ingredients regarding WNT-- or if this is a deliberate play on words. I think his patients should be aware if so.

https://www.haircycle.com/hair-loss-products/wnt-act

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got back from dr. Cole and forget about the WNT spray. It's already been released and the study didn't give great results anyway it was first "deltracin wnt", look that up and you'll see everything. Same ingredients and all.

Cole wants 1800 for sonicated prp. So damn stupid for something that is largely seen as a waste by most to still be that much....desperate times

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks David

Yeah I am just interested but not actually purchasing anything but i would love to get @Swoop and @Armando Jose thoughts on it since a plastic surgeon (Dr Cole, apparently) seems to have either developed it or is recommending it in his office (can see above posts from 2 of Dr Cole patients)

I'm just curious if his office is 'misleading' patients OR if there is 'some' credible science behind the listed ingredients regarding WNT-- or if this is a deliberate play on words. I think his patients should be aware if so.

https://www.haircycle.com/hair-loss-products/wnt-act

hairblues what are your thoughts on prp so far then?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairblues what are your thoughts on prp so far then?

Im definitely thinking about trying it...Im going to give a few more months on minoxidil alone ( i started in November) So i know what is the minoxidil vs the prp.

Im also going to ask my Dr when i see him about derma rolling and how to do it safe and effective at home..I think there is some good science to this but its also an easy way to get an infection or maybe scar tissue.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27121450
Topical application of the Wnt/β-catenin activator methyl vanillate increases hair count and hair mass index in women with androgenetic alopecia...

32% increase in WNT10B mRNA expression levels in the temporal scalp area

Not as effective as SM, but it was tested in women instead of men.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score

I recognize methyl vanillate as it has already been discussed a bit on the forum. I'm pretty sure the above study from pegasus2's was linked at some point. The consensus was that, even though methyl vanillate might be useful, the availability and especially the price of the compound were deterrents enough to hinder any experimentation.

As for nicotinamide/niacinamide, it's simply vitamin B3 (niacin) and has been discussed time and again that it doesn't do sh*t for hair loss, as reported by the many users who believed in a beneficial effect derived from a niacin-induced "flush".

Edit: After a little bit of digging, although niacin is converted in the body to niacinamide, it appears supplementation of either of these two compounds is not equal and can have different effects. Regardless, I'd wager that it's doubtful that inclusion of niacinamide in a hair loss treatment amounts to little more than snake oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinamide said:
While nicotinic acid (niacin) may be used for this purpose, nicotinamide has the benefit of not causing skin flushing.[4] As a cream, it is used to treat acne.[5]

Last edited:

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have done it, if it had a more reasonable price. say 1000. then i would have multiple injections in a year. I think it works but one set of injections isn't enough. I generally am a big believer in growth factors. one application of growth factors wont be enough though to counteract constant DHT effect, several maybe. just like minoxidil, it has to be done several times. kerastem shows promise with fat stem cells but then the price is so crazy. I read it is at 10000 for one set and the growth isnt even worth that much.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have done it, if it had a more reasonable price. say 1000. then i would have multiple injections in a year. I think it works but one set of injections isn't enough. I generally am a big believer in growth factors. one application of growth factors wont be enough though to counteract constant DHT effect, several maybe. just like minoxidil, it has to be done several times. kerastem shows promise with fat stem cells but then the price is so crazy. I read it is at 10000 for one set and the growth isnt even worth that much.

I might do it in Fall..
It will be 1 year in Fall since I started Minoxidil also I think we will be getting some information from the world hair conference (if we send Hellrouser) that may shed more light on availability of Folica or maybe even Brotzu in 2018...If NOTHING is going to be available in 2018 I will do PRP..Otherwise I would prefer to save the money for other things coming since we have no idea the cost...I can say this as Minoxidil has worked well for me so far. So I have a bit of time to wait.