Can You Guys Please Tell Me If I'm Going Bald Or My Hairline Receding

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm working on it. I'm doing okay I guess, trying not to think about my hair! How about you?
Meh could be better. Pretty much like you. Got my GCSE results coming up, hair recession checking is becoming a daily habit which in turn makes me more upset, I think I've got the suicidal thoughts underhand. What's weird is everytime I check my hairline I swear it looks different. Sometimes I'm like my hair lines OK. Then I'm like OMG ETAFSJUDHEJEIE WHY DOES IT LOOK SO MUCH Better!! Then its like
WTAF... Have I just gone up a Norwood.
It really can make you in a state of envy when going out too.
I'm thinking about mentioning it to my dermatologist but too embarrassed a D nervous :(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A derm won't do much except prescribe you minoxidil and propecia. Nothing you can't get yourself for significantly cheaper. I hope you get good results man! I was lucky enough to not be bothered about my hair back when I was sitting my exams.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A derm won't do much except prescribe you minoxidil and propecia. Nothing you can't get yourself for significantly cheaper. I hope you get good results man! I was lucky enough to not be bothered about my hair back when I was sitting my exams.

I only started noticing late april/early May. And yer after that I just thought meh let's not worry until after the exams. I every now and then checked but wasn't to fussed.
Actually what scared me most during this time was that the two teachers jokes about their hair receding while revising in history, so I was like :eek: because it just made me think of myself. And then the maths teacher put on revision video and I think some guy laughed at the guy for having the horseshoe hair and the teacher just had ago saying that when your in your 20,s that'll be Some of you. Again I was just sat at the back constantly thinking about myself.
It's weird it's like it's foreshadowing. And I have a bad case of luck it seems about things like that become reality like I watched a show and some injury happend and I was thinking God how did that happen surely that wouldn't happen.
It happend to me!
I was like this is skme black magic sh*t going on.
I dunno just creepy.
Hoping for the best though.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And thanks!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only started noticing late april/early May. And yer after that I just thought meh let's not worry until after the exams. I every now and then checked but wasn't to fussed.
Actually what scared me most during this time was that the two teachers jokes about their hair receding while revising in history, so I was like :eek: because it just made me think of myself. And then the maths teacher put on revision video and I think some guy laughed at the guy for having the horseshoe hair and the teacher just had ago saying that when your in your 20,s that'll be Some of you. Again I was just sat at the back constantly thinking about myself.
It's weird it's like it's foreshadowing. And I have a bad case of luck it seems about things like that become reality like I watched a show and some injury happend and I was thinking God how did that happen surely that wouldn't happen.
It happend to me!
I was like this is skme black magic sh*t going on.
I dunno just creepy.
Hoping for the best though.
I think you're looking too deep into things. Come whatever may, you should at least maintain what you got with treatments.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're looking too deep into things. Come whatever may, you should at least maintain what you got with treatments.

Yer. What's funny is before April or whenever I noticed. I just randomly thought of hair recession and searched it and I dunno where I heard it because before then, I never knew that male pattern baldness existed which is probably rly bad. Atleast I now know how to maintain good healthy hair aha.
Hopefully, I'm only got light recession in temples. Hopefully it will stay stable for the next few years.
Currently just sticking to natural due to my age. Soon I'll post pictures on a forum of my hair in more detail to get better anaylissis from people.
Would you say rosemary oil is decent for hair?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yer. What's funny is before April or whenever I noticed. I just randomly thought of hair recession and searched it and I dunno where I heard it because before then, I never knew that male pattern baldness existed which is probably rly bad. Atleast I now know how to maintain good healthy hair aha.
Hopefully, I'm only got light recession in temples. Hopefully it will stay stable for the next few years.
Currently just sticking to natural due to my age. Soon I'll post pictures on a forum of my hair in more detail to get better anaylissis from people.
Would you say rosemary oil is decent for hair?
There's no proof that it works, and the only person I've seen document a journey using it thinks it doesn't work. I personally wouldn't waste my time but if you're adamant then go ahead.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no proof that it works, and the only person I've seen document a journey using it thinks it doesn't work. I personally wouldn't waste my time but if you're adamant then go ahead.
Cool, I'm going to.Invest in castor oil. But I. Dunno what other oils is good for scalp/hair.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did propecia give you any sexual side effects?
Not propecia, but Cyproterone has given me mild gyno, errectile dysfunction, infertility and no sex drive.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it permanent?
Never heard of cyproterone.
Its not permanent. Its a much stronger drug than propecia and I wouldn't recommend its use.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you don't have your unfortunate symptoms still? Or do you still do?
I am still using Cyproterone so I do still have those side effects. It doesn't interfere much in my life, unless my gf wants to have sex.. Which is another issue altogether but I manage.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still using Cyproterone so I do still have those side effects. It doesn't interfere much in my life, unless my gf wants to have sex.. Which is another issue altogether but I manage.

Do you think they'll ever be a cure (or atleast something to stop male pattern baldness) for good in the future?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think they'll ever be a cure (or atleast something to stop male pattern baldness) for good in the future?
Maybe. I don't think there will be a magic pill that cures the condition, but rather something a lot more like Tsuji's work. Where the donor hair will be cloned and harvested in large quantities so it can be put back into the balding areas of the scalp, eventually you would go from bald to a full head of hair. I think that is the closest thing we will have to a cure.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe. I don't think there will be a magic pill that cures the condition, but rather something a lot more like Tsuji's work. Where the donor hair will be cloned and harvested in large quantities so it can be put back into the balding areas of the scalp, eventually you would go from bald to a full head of hair. I think that is the closest thing we will have to a cure.

Interesting do you believe their night be some form of cure but the money made from companies are keeping it away? Additionally does your family support your worries into your hairloss,

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting do you believe their night be some form of cure but the money made from companies are keeping it away? Additionally does your family support your worries into your hairloss,
I doubt it, if there was a cure to hair loss right now Donald Trump wouldn't be using finasteride! My family refuses to acknowledge it as they were blessed with good hair.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it, if there was a cure to hair loss right now Donald Trump wouldn't be using finasteride! My family refuses to acknowledge it as they were blessed with good hair.
Oh does Donald trump use it. Tbh I'm surprised by a few people I that 've heard use it. Interesting just shows that alot of people suffer from it.
And same Litterally, I'm so jealous of most of my family. Like mh brothers god, they have good genes on their metabolism and blah blah blah. Like I'd say I've got the academic value but even then im fkn smart compared to the tow but very dumb to like my sister. Its just not fair, lol I'm always and always will be in a state to envy.
Anyway currently waiting for big brother to start, american horror story to start and results day so I have things tk actually do. Just have too much spare time.
What are you hobbies.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh does Donald trump use it. Tbh I'm surprised by a few people I that 've heard use it. Interesting just shows that alot of people suffer from it.
And same Litterally, I'm so jealous of most of my family. Like mh brothers god, they have good genes on their metabolism and blah blah blah. Like I'd say I've got the academic value but even then im fkn smart compared to the tow but very dumb to like my sister. Its just not fair, lol I'm always and always will be in a state to envy.
Anyway currently waiting for big brother to start, american horror story to start and results day so I have things tk actually do. Just have too much spare time.
What are you hobbies.
I find it quite ironic that you say you have academic value but your post is riddled with abbreviations and typos :p Try not to think about your hair until you are 18, I know it's easier said than done but I'm sure you will still have plenty of hair left by then!