Can someone explain Density % to me?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I go for light density. It looks much more natural IMO and so better with blending; you dont have to get it hacked with thinning shears as much

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I and many others do in this case is carefully cut the hairline back a little (no more than half an inch) using the template as a guode and stretch the piece slightly lengthwise when attaching it to cover the area you need

Quoting myself- Jake, I'm sorry, I've given too little instruction here. Whenever you cut into the base of your hairpiece, you need to be extremely careful not to cut the hair you'll be leaving intact. Otherwise, you could end up with short, stubby hairs along the front edge.

The way to do this is, place the unit over your template, and slide the template back slightly to where the density is adequate so that the area you need to cut back is protruding off the front of the template.

Then create a part in the hair along the front edge *of the template*, so that the hair in the protruding section is combed forward, and the hair behind the line is combed back, away from the hairline. And use some kind of pins or clips to hold it firmly back.

When you cut into the base, turn it upside-down so that the underside of the piece is facing you- if it helps you can pin it to a foam head upside down, with the inverted template on top as a guideline, and use traction to hold the hair back away from the hairline. Then make a series of *very small* incisions with an exacto knife along the line until the front portion is removed.

Most bases will give some amount of stretch, but not a lot- and keep in mind that stretching the piece to fit will wear it out faster.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure many are aware of Michael Joseph, a hair system Youtuber. Actually a very nice and positive guy, I really like him, but his systems look way too dense and not very realistic (which he actually says he's going for unrealistic, so whatever LOL).
But I'm wondering if this infinity model is a density of 130, it just says medium density on LH website with no specific percentage, but as you can see in video it's crazy dense on MJ, and definitely a look I do not want
Not sure where society took a wrong turn... How does nice...and positive (delusionally so) replace accurate and genuine?

* The surgeon amputated the wrong leg... but shucks....he tried...and sure is a swell guy.....Let's give em an atta boy and participation throphy...for failing on all levels... haha

Mikey's value is in showing people what not to do, and how not to look.....

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I'm wondering if this infinity model is a density of 130, it just says medium density on LH website with no specific percentage, but as you can see in video it's crazy dense on MJ, and definitely a look I do not want

Wait, you just wanna see what "medium" density looks like?

This one is 110-120% stock .06mm skin, I did a bunch of stuff to it obv, the hairline is plucked some to add graduation but it's not really thinned out overall. Looks a lot better with a little dermmatch on my sides (not pictured).

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Higher density will look wiggy and fake though as could be spotted as someone wearing a hair system or toupee,piece etc.
If it's wearing out in the front. Some hair systems you can send them in to companies to replace the lace front. But with an all lace base. You will need a replacement system.
Best to have a spare once your happy with the system.
Thanks for that advice man! Yea I think you're right, less is more for sure. I learning a few tricks to make front look fuller and I think I can make it 4 months total with this one, but u r right, I shut order a spare to be safe bc I hear they can shed fast after they reach a certain point.
What I and many others do in this case is carefully cut the hairline back a little (no more than half an inch) using the template as a guode and stretch the piece slightly lengthwise when attaching it to cover the area you need.

In the meantime order a replacement.

Yes, the less hair is on it to begin with, the faster it will wear out. BUT if you are happy with the 95% density, i would suggest you replace it more frequently instead of increasing the density.

With stocks, I tend to prefer densities in the 110-120% range myself, and will tweeze the front as necessary if the hairline isn't nicely graduated. I think this preference is partly rooted in a mistrust of the factories, an anticipation that the pieces are going to come back "patchy", with areas that are too dense and others that are too sparse, but this is most common with v-looped skin bases.
Hey thanks for the advice and for the very detailed tips on how to repair the front base area. I have screenshot your tips and will definitely apply them in the future when I have a backup unit in case I totally screw it up LOL. Definitely wana try what u suggested in your 2 very helpful detailed posts when I'm a bit more experienced and have a "safety unit." Thanks man!

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, you just wanna see what "medium" density looks like?

This one is 110-120% stock .06mm skin, I did a bunch of stuff to it obv, the hairline is plucked some to add graduation but it's not really thinned out overall. Looks a lot better with a little dermmatch on my sides (not pictured).

View attachment 167354
Man that looks soooo good! Great hairline, did u doctor that up yourself or did salon do it? It looks great and natural. Density is great too. It's about the length I'd like, which I think is benefit of a bit more density allowing u to go shorter.
What company and system is that? (Apologies if u already mentioned this in a previous post)
Yea Dermmarch is awesome, I've got two dark brown disks, I used to use combined with toppik pre system days. Even thinking about using on sides, like u do, for a while now. May try a 115 density from lavivid and will probably end up using dermmatch.
Looks great!

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure many are aware of Michael Joseph, a hair system Youtuber. Actually a very nice and positive guy, I really like him, but his systems look way too dense and not very realistic (which he actually says he's going for unrealistic, so whatever LOL).
I agree, the one in this video is almost cartoonish. The system in his latest video is heading in the right direction, though.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, they're getting incrementally better moving forward. I still remember when he had his chest pumped out and anyone that said this it didn't look great was a hater. I can't believe he was seen in public like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-031139_1Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-031139_1Gallery.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 78

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure where society took a wrong turn... How does nice...and positive (delusionally so) replace accurate and genuine?

* The surgeon amputated the wrong leg... but shucks....he tried...and sure is a swell guy.....Let's give em an atta boy and participation throphy...for failing on all levels... haha

Mikey's value is in showing people what not to do, and how not to look.....
Put simply, We're all just on our own journey with hair replacement. Some people look great from the start, others have to play around with it until they find the right look that suits them personally (base, color, density, cut etc.) From my POV, Michael's systems have been looking much better lately.

And sometimes Our assessments of our appearance can be skewed and not in line with reality, and that just speaks to the complex psychology behind cosmetic enhancements, which is a deep subject.
As long as a person is happy with themselves I see no problem with it.

Your hair system may look awful to some people, should they bash you and ridicule you mercilessly? Or are u exempt from that kind of treatment?

Let go of all the hate man, it'll only keep you miserable....

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Put simply, We're all just on our own journey with hair replacement. Some people look great from the start, others have to play around with it until they find the right look that suits them personally (base, color, density, cut etc.) From my POV, Michael's systems have been looking much better lately.

And sometimes Our assessments of our appearance can be skewed and not in line with reality, and that just speaks to the complex psychology behind cosmetic enhancements, which is a deep subject.
As long as a person is happy with themselves I see no problem with it.

Your hair system may look awful to some people, should they bash you and ridicule you mercilessly? Or are u exempt from that kind of treatment?

Let go of all the hate man, it'll only keep you miserable....
Hate and misery? I think you're delving into delusional territory too. I foster neither of those. I do however speak the truth.... And yes, out of approximately 50 strangers on forums, Including coveted Noah, and countless people over the years, my system is top notch and undetectable. I can confidently say I have never looked rediculous, and have always received such feedback. I offer to help people achieve such results as goodwill, I gain nothing from it. No coupon code kickbacks backs to me....Can't say the same for Jake and Mikey. Somehow that makes me the bad guy.

If you'd like to compare looks, hair, education career, social status, or whatever.....I'm certainly game.

As idiotic as your questions have been, I've stepped up and answered them, to help you. Never did I take the posture of determining or labeling you mentality deficiant...based on your rediculous elementary common sense questions....Much like you shouldn't assume my honesty is from a place of hate and misery.

The example photo's I've shown, no one would say looks remotely ok...Ever...
I wasn't being nit picky, critiquing minor nuisance.
Also, much like I helped you, I respectfully offered help to him as well, and was immediately met with nasty comments and assertions, much like yours.... Telling me I'm unhappy and a hater because I'm trying to help him have other people "see" him look as good as he "thinks" he does. That's why I use him as an example. It's not simply to poke fun.... My biggest problem with him, Jake, and Esteban is that there are not only terrible examples of hair system wearers....They're phony.

Chris L has had some aweful looking systems, but hes a nice genuine guy. I offered him a few pointers that he Initially disagreed with, but later embraced, and has been looking substantially better ever since.

I'll gladly accept hate for being genuine and honest, long before I'd ever accept being loved for phoniness....

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah man, your system looks great and undetectable?! Private message me your address, I'm going to mail you a Tshirt you can sport proudly that says in Bold letters "World's Finest Toupee Wearer" LOL

Dude u call other people delusional, try excercising a bit of self awareness. You're flexing on how good fake hair looks glued to your Bald head...is that something you really want to be bragging about, and is your "Toupee maintenance expertise" something so tied to your self worth that u feel the need to spew angry toxic posts every time someone says something u disagree with??? We're not talking about what you max out at on bench press bud, we're talking about toupees!

I've seen your simple minded cliche bs posted in the comments sections of Jake Kent's videos under different alias screen names...verbatim of the rhetoric you post on this forum...brilliant phrases repeated dozens of times like "Facts don't care about your feelings"...so original LOL. You have too much time on your hands, stalking people's YouTube channels! Get a life man.
And please, don't respond to my "ridiculous questions", I honestly cringe when I see you've posted something knowing I have to stomach another creepy angry message from your demented pov.

From my experience, Keyboard Warriors usually Aren't ever really 'about that life' when things get up close and personal in the real world...that's why they're keyboard warriors to begin with...but maybe you're the one exception LOL.

Those mean kids must've done a real number on you in high school my guy....but hey, good therapy isn't cheap I suppose LOL
#AngryBaldBetaBoy
Talk about rhetoric. I wasn't bragging about anything, I responded to your specific question regarding my looks. You really are a moron.

Everyone on the forum glues hair to their head. That's the attack you choose, to single me out?

Speaking about hair system detectability and maintenance is appropriate on this forum. Weight lifting is not.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Stating fact is hatred?

My post's have been in response to you...Perhaps we both need a life, if that's the measure. That would be applicable to everyone on the forum.

Facts don't care about feeling is a phrase coined by Ben Shapiro. What point are you failing to make?

Quite obviously you'd rather be lied to than told the truth, utilizing sound advice to perfect your attempts.

Even the title of this post. Need help with density. Simply look in the mirror, whats looking back, is the definition of dense.

Shall I take advice and critique from someone that asks if they should wash their hair in the sink or the shower? How stupid can you be?

That was a rhetorical question ....You've repeatedly demonstrated how stupid you are...

If you're not sure what rhetorical means... I'll send you a dictionary, on my dime. What's your lot number in the trailer park?

Hold on to the return label, should you want to visit New York sometime, and take that posture in person. Keyboard Warrior, sincerely... I whole-heartedly wish you would.

"Bout that life" and "my guy"
You sound like an uneducated punk....That and someone with a false sense of security....behind the internet.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah come on little buddy, don't get your feelings hurt so easily, I'm not like those mean bullies from your high school days, I have mercy on the weak!

You're the most overly sensitive, butthurt little weakling I've encountered in quite some time.

Low IQ, extremely low EQ, but you provide entertainment bc you're so deficient in self-awareness that you think you're brilliant LOL. I guarantee in your circle of "friends" you're the butt of the joke and lots of laughs are shared at you're expense, jokes that you probably don't comprehend, and fly right over your perfectly Toupee'd head.

Youre a miserable, damaged little Beta troll. Try losing some weight and getting in shape, and therapy is a MUST for a guy like you. You're unwarranted attacking posts are a definite indication of MENTAL ILLNESS.
I'm done with u, I take no pleasure in schooling mentally, emotionally,, and physically weak individuals.

Good luck to u in this life...you're going g to need it LOL
Wow, more false accusations. I make statements based on fact.... I identify deficiency with installations and care.. offering advice..
Quite obviously you have nothing relevant to contribute, as your posts are personal attacks and name calling. You try to tear me down personally...high school, fist fights, mental health,IQ, fitness, and friends?? while claiming that I'm the keyboard warrior, beta, with a mental illness? Is your professional opinion? Going against the DSM and diagnosing a mental illness without examination? I actually am a double board certified physician. You are an idiot spouting nonsense and calling childish names. You make wild claims without a centilla of proof to substantiate one. Deflect much? Your deep seeded issues are clearly being projected on me. Twice you've used toupee as a derogatory remark. You do realize this is a toupee forum, right? It appears you have a lot of self hatred and insecurities. Much like other repressed, closet homosexuals that go around calling everyone else a f*ggot.
Clearly, based on your statements... you're the level headed, mature, intelligent, tough guy...

The invitation stands Jake...... If you're so inclined....Anytime......
Where are you located? Be a man, and stand behind your words.

You're the one that started with the personal attack. Lets see who's willing to take it the furthest........ I have homes in New York and Florida. You've indicated you live in the Southern part of the country. When can we this a reality? I'm available anytime for you.

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah.... One of the biggest mistakes made is too much density. Most guys should go with Light to Medium Light and it would be fine.
Yea man, I'm coming to that realization. I think I'm gonna stick with the 90-95 range.
Easy to get "hair greed" with this stuff I suppose LOL
Thanks for the feedback:)

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
That black top really matches the light Brown sides, wouldn't you say Jake :) Ct. people.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-210740_1Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-210740_1Gallery.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That black top really matches the light Brown sides, wouldn't you say Jake :) Ct. people.....
LOL
Meme Title:
"How Bald guys who wear Toupees Flex on other Bald guys who wear Toupees"

Your lack of perspective is both concerning and amusing.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL
Meme Title:
"How Bald guys who wear Toupees Flex on other Bald guys who wear Toupees"

Your lack of perspective is both concerning and amusing.

Where I come from we call small time guys like you "Light Work" and "Easy Money" ;)
#BetaNerdAllDay
Let's stop with the nonsense and make it a reality. I have homes in Florida and New York. You've indicated you live in the Southern part of the country. When can we make this happen Jake?? There's lifetime movies all about people like you. I've yet to see one where a foul mouth has saved them. I'm genuinely serious, when can you meet?

I'm the smallest most insignificant person you'll ever meet. You should have no trouble making lightwork of me. When can we do this?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've asked multiple times. Where are you located. I have a home in Midtown Manhattan and Tampa Florida. What's your pleasure?
No need to hide behind a PM. I'll speak in front of everyone. When are you free? Make lightwork of me Jake
It's awfully strange you make all these threats and comments yet you are not around to fulfill them. When will I see you?

My home in New York is in Midtown Manhattan and my home in Florida is in North Tampa... the neighborhood is avila. I'm serious I will let have the guard let you in. when can I expect you Jake?

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
No hiding, you're doing it for show, I'm not! I sent u my location, make it a reality,ball's in your court "Light work"
You sent me a state. I'm telling you exactly where I live my subdivision. I'm dead serious Jake you talk about a mental illness and obsession. You really ticked off the wrong guy.