CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If they have better things to do then why are there at least a half a dozen companies spending millions on RD for other male pattern baldness products? We have a whole section here with them listed. Which I should mention are much more complex in treatment and aren't even in phase 3 or 2. I would say a topical, inexpensive and safe male pattern baldness treatment is potentially a billion dollar market. Finasteride is prescription only and I know many people who want nothing to do with it due to the side effects. (ED)
I think by far most men care about their hair and are insecure about it. Most don't know about treatments or aren't willing to take a prescription drug.

I didn't claim that the accountants made the right decision.

Also, the market has changed relative to fifteen years ago, clearly. There are lots of companies working on baldness now. I can't tell you why it's changed.

Whatever company currently owns the patent to RU 58851 might not even realize that it owns the patent. There might be nobody at the company bringing it up and saying "let's commercialize this". It's nobody's baby. Anybody who developed it and worked on it in the 1990s has long moved on.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score

Also, the market has changed relative to fifteen years ago, clearly. There are lots of companies working on baldness now. I can't tell you why it's changed.

Whatever company currently owns the patent to RU 58851 might not even realize that it owns the patent. There might be nobody at the company bringing it up and saying "let's commercialize this". It's nobody's baby. Anybody who developed it and worked on it in the 1990s has long moved on.

Plus, there are better things to bring to market. I see RU as a bandaid. It will never work as well as constant DHT inhib provided by finasteride. You are trying to perfectly dissolve, apply, and get the RU to attach to the receptors around the follicle and competitively inhibit DHT/T, you're fighting a constant stream of DHT replenished by blood so it's hard to compete. You must applying perfectly every day or 2x day to really get max effect. Even CB is probably better than RU both at competing for the androgen receptor and reduced side effects, its just too expensive and hard to get for most people.

Don't get me wrong, if RU gives me good results (hasn't happened yet) I will happily use it for the coming years, but I'm really waiting for oral solutions like CRTH2 antagonists like seti for maintenence combined with like 1-2 topicals and treatments like histogen, minoxidil, and maybe CB . Hopefully someday soon we can stop using Anti androgens, but it will probably be a while.

Meanwhile, a majority of people can probably use oral finasteride/dutasteride with no sides and get better results than all of the above so the market isn't clamoring for better treatments.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a side question, does anyone use the kb solution? Do you add anything to it? I feel as though it dries to quick.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score

Ahhh maybe that could explain i if someone has the patent on it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are any women using RU on this forum? Its topical with little systemic side effects? I would imagine no better/worse than side effects than from an oral spironolactone meds?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are any women using RU on this forum? Its topical with little systemic side effects? I would imagine no better/worse than side effects than from an oral spironolactone meds?

I don't think so. I remember reading somewhere that it may be more dangerous for women? I may be wrong. @Swoop would definitely know more about this. thanks swoop. :)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so. I remember reading somewhere that it may be more dangerous for women? I may be wrong. @Swoop would definitely know more about this. thanks swoop. :)

if its on same level as spironolactone as far as side effects (i have no intention of having a baby at 45) then i might be open to it. High dose of oral spironolactone really messed up my cycle..which was not immediate dangerous but had a potential danger if i did not watch it over time.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

@buckthorn ,

The human clinical trials of RU58841 (PSK3841) were done on men only. All the research I have read too about anti-androgens in general is on men too.

In any case just like with finasteride, pregnant women need to avoid contact with RU58841.

So yeah do your research and use at your own risk.

What many people don't know probably btw is that RU58841 is sold in Indonesia over the counter as a hair regrowth treatment both for men and women it seems. It has a concentration of 2% RU58841.

Mezogenrx-bukapalak-3.jpg

It isn't obviously FDA approved though like you see on the picture :p.

Last edited:

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
**Stupid question alert**
It is known that alcohol dries out and damages hair. I have long hair, and from years of spraying perfume on my neck,I've noticed breakage where it gets on the hair.
It is inevitable that RU must be mixed with ethanol, but would't it then damage the existent hair in the diffuse thinning area?
It seems to difficult to balance between keeping a clean scalp and retaining the natural oil needed for growth...opinions?

rcom440

Reaction score
I'm wondering how stable is that RU sold by Anageninc. I live in FL so it may get ruined because of the heat - it's in 80s F here right now.

rcom440

Reaction score
store powder in freezer. liquid in fridge
I know. My house is pretty cold inside however I was referring to the transit.
It's shipped by USPS and I don't think they have air condition in their vehicles.
Also, they will put it in a mail box which is outside.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus, there are better things to bring to market. I see RU as a bandaid. It will never work as well as constant DHT inhib provided by finasteride. treatments.

I also guess so. It runs down your head when not applied perfectly, or doesn't penetrate. And unlike CB you can't just put an overdose on your scalp, just in case. There are just too many things than can go wrong with this stuff for a wide market.

rcom440

Reaction score
Did you guys got any major sides from RU58841?
It's been documented on different forums that some people had heart related side effects shortly after starting RU58841.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that @SniperWolfMR had chest pain that made him quit the drug. However he was using a pretty high dose (like 4 ml of 100 mg).

rcom440

Reaction score
I know that @SniperWolfMR had chest pain that made him quit the drug. However he was using a pretty high dose (like 4 ml of 100 mg).

Hearing stuff like that makes me want not to start on RU.
If anyone want to buy AnagenInc 3% lotion that I'm expecting to get tomorrow in my mail please let me know.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should be fine. Just carefully monitor any sides you get. Using 1 ml of 3% shouldn't cause many (if any) problems.