CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is fast to lose it. But theoretically, if its an AA just like finasteride, I wouldn't expect it to work any differently. finasteride often sheds your hair for several months. People report it and want to stop and then around 9-12 months they come back with lots of new density.

I agree you should stick it out. BUT, the entire time I was on it, I had burning, itching and crawling. That is why I dropped it and will never go back. These are all simply signs of inflammation. Despite what mechanisms are causing it, it's NOT good for your follicles and means, straight up, that the medication is not only NOT working, but causing more damage.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree you should stick it out. BUT, the entire time I was on it, I had burning, itching and crawling. That is why I dropped it and will never go back. These are all simply signs of inflammation. Despite what mechanisms are causing it, it's NOT good for your follicles and means, straight up, that the medication is not only NOT working, but causing more damage.

Any chance you're just straight up allergic to it buckthorn?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any chance you're just straight up allergic to it buckthorn?

could be possible, but 1) i have never heard of allergies to finasteride and 2) I would have gotten other symptoms besides those specifically in the scalp tissue. So, I don't think so.

The drastic hair loss and inflammation was accompanied by the usual factors you see in non responders - increased libido, oily scalp, increased night time erections, etc... My body simply countered the drop in 5-AR and DHT by producing a much higher amount of T, or by increasing androgen receptors in scalp tissue, or by inducing Telogen Effluvium due to the hormone change, or, probably all of these at the same time!!

I got my blood work back and it showed a drastic decrease in DHT, while an increase in testosterone. that was one month after starting finasteride, and two months before sh*t really hit the fan.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having read all your valuable contributions on this thread, I am now feeling reluctant to add RU to my regime..
I have been on minoxidil and Finasteride since start of year with some limited success. A few months into the treatment,the vellus hair on the temple became more visible but now completely stagnant at current length. I feel that I have now seen the best of what Finasteride can do for me.
Any opinions? I was thinking of 5%-8% solution once a day on the temple only.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having read all your valuable contributions on this thread, I am now feeling reluctant to add RU to my regime..
I have been on minoxidil and Finasteride since start of year with some limited success. A few months into the treatment,the vellus hair on the temple became more visible but now completely stagnant at current length. I feel that I have now seen the best of what Finasteride can do for me.
Any opinions? I was thinking of 5%-8% solution once a day on the temple only.

1) It's dose that matters, not percentage.
2) Might as well spread it on your scalp.
3) Take a two-month supply and see if it does anything, imo.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was LA?

You would do very well there. Orange County is a very cool place. A decent house there is a million dollars.

Believe me, girls will dig you there. They all live in a one, or two bedroom house. Not that money is everything,
but it doesn't hurt!

Not sure where I gave the impression that I'm rich. I'm not. Just comfortable.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU alone is probably not enough for the majority of people. It blocks around 70% of androgen receptors depending on dose and absorption, that leaves enough for some people to still lose hair. Based on my experience with topicals most seem to work best with the shortest, buzzed hair like 3-4 mm.
In other words you have most of a chance of keeping your hair when you look like you don't even have it. Some use.

You need to use RU with other things usually.
A relatively safe but expensive entirely topical regimen might be RU + CB.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU alone is probably not enough for the majority of people. It blocks around 70% of androgen receptors depending on dose and absorption, that leaves enough for some people to still lose hair. Based on my experience with topicals most seem to work best with the shortest, buzzed hair like 3-4 mm.
In other words you have most of a chance of keeping your hair when you look like you don't even have it. Some use.

You need to use RU with other things usually.
A relatively safe but expensive entirely topical regimen might be RU + CB.

I am attempting RU again, this time altering the rest of my regimen. I have talked sh*t about finasteride, which really did f*ck me the first time, but I am attempting microdosing it. It makes sense to me that in very small dosages <.5mg a day, it may be of benefit WITHOUT causing a drastic reaction in your body (Telogen Effluvium or ar upregulation). It may pass by, slightly reduce 5ar, without the body going guns blazing in return. Who knows? I can't throw in the towel yet, and without anti androgens, I am doomed anyways. I am using 5% RU only on the hairline, as that's where I think I benefit from it. I am also talking oral S-Equol (equelle from Japan) probably in vain, in an attempt to potentially bind some of the serum DHT.

Will keep you updated.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am attempting RU again, this time altering the rest of my regimen. I have talked sh*t about finasteride, which really did f*ck me the first time, but I am attempting microdosing it. It makes sense to me that in very small dosages <.5mg a day, it may be of benefit WITHOUT causing a drastic reaction in your body (Telogen Effluvium or ar upregulation). It may pass by, slightly reduce 5ar, without the body going guns blazing in return. Who knows? I can't throw in the towel yet, and without anti androgens, I am doomed anyways. I am using 5% RU only on the hairline, as that's where I think I benefit from it. I am also talking oral S-Equol (equelle from Japan) probably in vain, in an attempt to potentially bind some of the serum DHT.

Will keep you updated.

Hoping back on the finasteride game bruh?

I really hope it works out better for you this time around

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Will keep you updated.

I'm already following you.

I'm done with finasteride, it grew more tits than hair in my case so screw it. I'm in the process of finding an all-topical regimen and if I am not able to work with that then I guess I am fucked. Gonna make a thread when and if I get my RU.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
time to up to 2x RU. just not cutting it now. Also gonna dissolve it more. same 50mg dose, but over 2ml so that I can get it to spread better to each follicle. Hopefully even though the percent is lower, since its the same dosage per scalp area it should be fine. 100mg/day and hope to not get sides.

I'm also beginning to wonder if part of the reason we don't get results is that its damn near impossible to apply to thousands of effected follicles. People are using 5% at 1mL. Even if its just the hairline, you may not get good coverage. Plus, you gotta get enough of it to absorb to just the right level and hope that it binds to the follicle AR receptors, protecting it from androgens. This is all random obviously, there is no homing beacon to get RU to the AR receptor, its all by chance and the skin is huge space in area and depth. And you're competing against a steady supply of androgens continuously replenished via bloodstream. This is why orals work much better in most cases.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
time to up to 2x RU. just not cutting it now. Also gonna dissolve it more. same 50mg dose, but over 2ml so that I can get it to spread better to each follicle. Hopefully even though the percent is lower, since its the same dosage per scalp area it should be fine. 100mg/day and hope to not get sides.

I'm also beginning to wonder if part of the reason we don't get results is that its damn near impossible to apply to thousands of effected follicles. People are using 5% at 1mL. Even if its just the hairline, you may not get good coverage. Plus, you gotta get enough of it to absorb to just the right level and hope that it binds to the follicle AR receptors, protecting it from androgens. This is all random obviously, there is no homing beacon to get RU to the AR receptor, its all by chance and the skin is huge space in area and depth. And you're competing against a steady supply of androgens continuously replenished via bloodstream. This is why orals work much better in most cases.

I think higher concentration is better than more volume, espeically for creams as it the thin thin layer closest to the skin that gets absorbed.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

also, dermaroll lightly before you apply

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm already following you.

I'm done with finasteride, it grew more tits than hair in my case so screw it. I'm in the process of finding an all-topical regimen and if I am not able to work with that then I guess I am fucked. Gonna make a thread when and if I get my RU.

I think I'm going to jump in with you guys on this RU re-trial. Even though before I had irritation while I was on Ru similar to Buckthorn. I feel like since I've come off RU my hairline has gone shed 10fold.

I have remained on stemox but doesn't appear to have done much.

Are you both ordering from Kane?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to jump in with you guys on this RU re-trial. Even though before I had irritation while I was on Ru similar to Buckthorn. I feel like since I've come off RU my hairline has gone shed 10fold.

Yea I'm wondering if RU has a regrowth shed just like finasteride in the first few months. 4 months in and I've lost not only hairline, but density that never had too much issue before, like forelock area. I tell myself its a regrowth shed to stop from going crazy.

Also have done about 3 months of neogenic, didn't do anything at all that I can tell. Probably gonna start doing only a eth/pg mix to save $ on vehicle.

Keep posting in this thread whether you get results or not. After years of people having easy(ish) access to RU I'm surprised we don't much more record besides a handful of success stories everyone always points to.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also have done about 3 months of neogenic, didn't do anything at all that I can tell. Probably gonna start doing only a eth/pg mix to save $ on vehicle.

Keep posting in this thread whether you get results or not. After years of people having easy(ish) access to RU I'm surprised we don't much more record besides a handful of success stories everyone always points to.

The only thing I found on stemox was it was soothing to my scalp. I've found no regrowth. Maybe because my shedding has been so aggressive. So I agree with you on that. Do you use neo as your vehicle?

I'll try and do a photo log with regime.
I've just ordered a fresh batch of 10grams through kane shop this morning. So hopefully it doesn't get stuck in customs again and I have it within 2 weeks.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
The only thing I found on stemox was it was soothing to my scalp. I've found no regrowth. Maybe because my shedding has been so aggressive. So I agree with you on that. Do you use neo as your vehicle?

I'll try and do a photo log with regime.
I've just ordered a fresh batch of 10grams through kane shop this morning. So hopefully it doesn't get stuck in customs again and I have it within 2 weeks.
yes ive been using neo with a few drops of pg added. if I don't add it evaporates immediately leaving powder ru residue in morning.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I'm wondering if RU has a regrowth shed just like finasteride in the first few months. 4 months in and I've lost not only hairline, but density that never had too much issue before, like forelock area. I tell myself its a regrowth shed to stop from going crazy.

This was what baffled me as well, and there seems to be little answer other than 'everyone responds differently'. I would have thought as we had already been on other forms of topical treatment+/- Finasteride, our scalp is used to being stimulated for growth, and any addition to the regime wouldn't be causing more shedding...guess I'm wrong.
I'm ready to hop on the RU wagon as soon as it arrives, but I intend to keep it very localised to small patches of temples only in order to isolate the benefits of RU (and also I'm scared that it could ruin any little regrowth that I worked so hard for).

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
This was what baffled me as well, and there seems to be little answer other than 'everyone responds differently'. I would have thought as we had already been on other forms of topical treatment+/- Finasteride, our scalp is used to being stimulated for growth, and any addition to the regime wouldn't be causing more shedding...guess I'm wrong.
I'm ready to hop on the RU wagon as soon as it arrives, but I intend to keep it very localised to small patches of temples only in order to isolate the benefits of RU (and also I'm scared that it could ruin any little regrowth that I worked so hard for).

I think in order to have a fair assessment you would need to commit to at least a 6 month term. There are just to many variables that can cause fluctuations in response in the short term. More times then not those that whine and complain use a treatment for 1-2 months and then falsely conclude it doesn't work or regressed.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well it's also meant for "maintenance" really. Not everyone will have thickening or regrowth.