CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmmm... All of my vials are exactly 6ml so far. Perhaps the dropper is for 2 ml? I am already sloppy with it. Apply it like EOD and will stop entirely in a couple weeks.
the minoxidil dropper says 1ml on it... idk it just not working. me too man once i finish the little bit i have left i will just discontinue it. its not until i got back on minoxidil did i see any chances in my hair. im just thankful i dont have anymore scalp itch/dandruff and that finasteride isnt giving me any sides

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the minoxidil dropper says 1ml on it... idk it just not working. me too man once i finish the little bit i have left i will just discontinue it. its not until i got back on minoxidil did i see any chances in my hair. im just thankful i dont have anymore scalp itch/dandruff and that finasteride isnt giving me any sides

i forgot you're on finasteride and minoxidil!! yeah, if they are working for you, taking RU is not a good idea. drop that crap asap brother.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i forgot you're on finasteride and minoxidil!! yeah, if they are working for you, taking RU is not a good idea. drop that crap asap brother.
It's to bad I had high hopes for RU .. But yeah man at least I can continue finasteride and minoxidil... What's your next move ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's to bad I had high hopes for RU .. But yeah man at least I can continue finasteride and minoxidil... What's your next move ?

I have no moves left unfortunately, except to watch my hair degrade fast as f*ck.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question guys. I have some 50 ml KB solution (65%Ethnol, 30%water, 5%emulsifiers). My goal is 100mgs RU per ml. So I would just put in the whole 5 grams of RU? Also will it dissolve well?
thx

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
whoa... 100mg/ml is 10% concentration. Are you sure you want to start that high? I recommend starting off with 5% max to see how your body is effected by RU. You may have side effects. I don't know if 10% concentration will dissolve well in KB, it may dissolute. Also, why mix so much at once?? Are you not worried it will degrade after a couple months time?

Side note - I completely dropped RU about ten days ago and so far I am SO happy I did. I strongly feel that it was attributing to scalp inflammation and hair loss. How is everyone doing? I threw about $150 worth of it straight in the f*cking trash. I am personally just fed up with all this garbage.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
whoa... 100mg/ml is 10% concentration. Are you sure you want to start that high? I recommend starting off with 5% max to see how your body is effected by RU. You may have side effects. I don't know if 10% concentration will dissolve well in KB, it may dissolute. Also, why mix so much at once?? Are you not worried it will degrade after a couple months time?

Side note - I completely dropped RU about ten days ago and so far I am SO happy I did. I strongly feel that it was attributing to scalp inflammation and hair loss. How is everyone doing? I threw about $150 worth of it straight in the f*cking trash. I am personally just fed up with all this garbage.

Yeah I have to be very aggressive because Im using PEDs and in just 4 weeks I've seen my hair thin and recede slightly.Right now I am using 5%. I would think that 75mgs would be the minimum and 100mgs was the plan for a month or two so as long as Im using the PEds, When I get off from those I planned to drop the RU to 50mgs per day. Maybe even less

What side effects are people getting?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I have to be very aggressive because Im using PEDs and in just 4 weeks I've seen my hair thin and recede slightly.Right now I am using 5%. I would think that 75mgs would be the minimum and 100mgs was the plan for a month or two so as long as Im using the PEds, When I get off from those I planned to drop the RU to 50mgs per day. Maybe even less

What side effects are people getting?

well, none definitively obviously, since this is an experimental drug, however, i have heard some reports of heart issues, like increase in heart rate. How do you know that 10% is going to work better than 5%. It's not always about concentration. Sometimes you just need to hit the sweet spot with medications. Minoxidil works through a completely different mechanism of course, but as an example, I have heard many people complain that higher percentages had a very negative effect on hair loss. For me, the 10% felt like it burnt my scalp. Same with minoxidil. 10% and 15% really had a negative effect on my scalp tissue. I would carefully monitor yourself on 10%.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just received RU. I want to start with 25mg in 0.75ML hairline only. When my body can acceps it i will use 50mg in 1.5ML for whole my head.

Sounds good to you guys?

However, i am using LIpogaine for 4 months now. Messed up my hair and still no regrowth (and still shedding same pace of harder). I want to use it for 4 more months to be sure it doesn;t work for me. However i read some pages that Lipogaine and RU is not a good combination. Is that true?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i came to this thread to ask you if you had already quit ru... i quit yesterday just cause i dont feel it did anything and felt like i was putting water on my scalp instead of a hairloss treatment (ru and neogenic is expensive too). do you think youll experience a temp. below baseline timeline similar to when someone quits minoxidil?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think some are still using it after 3 years..
I expect there are alternatives within 3 years so for new beginners its good to try

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a few people that had positive results with it (@hellouser ) but I am definitely not one of them and quit a couple weeks ago. I need to address my scalp inflammation issue and RU was making it drastically worse. As soon as it no longer feels like termites are ripping apart my f*cking scalp, I may reconsider and try a few things, lol

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some are still using it after 3 years..
I expect there are alternatives within 3 years so for new beginners its good to try
All I'm looking to do is maintain my hairline until something truly effective comes out, maybe RU is the way to do this

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a few people that had positive results with it (@hellouser ) but I am definitely not one of them and quit a couple weeks ago. I need to address my scalp inflammation issue and RU was making it drastically worse. As soon as it no longer feels like termites are ripping apart my f*cking scalp, I may reconsider and try a few things, lol

sh*t man, I hope you get to the bottom of the inflammation. I'm still losing hair up front on finasteride and have periods of mild itchiness, but not termite level haha

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering, a lot of success seems to be coming from the premade Ru. There is a blogger who swears by ru and he's on steroids and there is another success story in the other section of the forums. Who is also using pre made. Wondering if that has anything to do with it. I went straight to powder and made my own. I haven't used RU in like 3 weeks now but am willing to give the premade stuff a shot. Is anyone here using premade ru and what have the results been like?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, the RU is gone and the "termite infestation" has resolved (knock on wood! I know as soon as I post this it will flare up again. PLEASE GOD NOOOO!! haha)

I think there is ONE key point EVERY ONE should remember when taking ANY serious medication, for hair loss or not - the human physiology is endlessly intricate. Every individual is SO different. PUT LESS stock in these minimal studies. PUT LESS stock in the vague anecdotal research. TRY DIFFERENT things, stick with them, monitor your results and MOST IMPORTANTLY listen to what your body is TELLING YOU.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months RU reporting in. No improvement yet. Perhaps there maybe a bit less shedding but that may just be me not counting. Trying to apply my regimen daily without concentrating on minor changes to hairloss.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering, a lot of success seems to be coming from the premade Ru. There is a blogger who swears by ru and he's on steroids and there is another success story in the other section of the forums. Who is also using pre made. Wondering if that has anything to do with it. I went straight to powder and made my own. I haven't used RU in like 3 weeks now but am willing to give the premade stuff a shot. Is anyone here using premade ru and what have the results been like?

Link? Both premade and self made should work the same tbh (as long as they are the same concentration).