CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

ANT1862

Reaction score
1) A little over a year. Started at the beginning of 2015.

2) Kane (Anagen). Community reputation is sooooo important with a non-commercial drug. You cannot afford to lose hair with a fake drug. Or spend money testing samples from sketchy suppliers. So we RU users NEED to ban together to make sure our source is reputable.

3) I'm looking slightly better. I'm holding my breath because I know shedding is a part of treatment. However, a good indicator for me that my baldness isn't progressing is my crown. Since I'm NWIII, my crown would be next. So far it looks the same as when I was 14. So although the front of my hair looked really bad last year, I know I'm at least maintaining. My hope of course is to regrow my temples. Which may be happening now that I am (hopefully) through shedding and am dermarolling for better absorption of my RU.

4) Just the dry flaky skin that you also get when you use an alcohol-based minoxidil solution. Concentrations above 5% will also start leaving too much unabsorbed residue on your skin. It looks like white powder. So too much of a concentration may just be wasting it.

Here is what my hair looks like right now! Compare it to my profile pic. And consider that it's a little longer right now with different lighting.

View attachment 38557

Disclosure: I'm also on dutasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral, and viviscal. I only use RU on the front.

Hi, Im kind new to this forum, what is RU and where can I get it here in the US? Thanks.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Im kind new to this forum, what is RU and where can I get it here in the US? Thanks.

www.thekaneshop.com sells RU in a non-kosher manner.

RU was being developed as a treatment for acne and hair loss but the company dropped it because they didn't think they would make $$$. It never made it to advanced research trials. So people are now violating the copyright and using it themselves.

finasteride/dutasteride work by preventing testosterone from forming DHT, where DHT binds to androgen receptors and this somehow kills your hair.
RU works by antagonizing the androgen receptor, preventing DHT from binding to it.

ANT1862

Reaction score
www.thekaneshop.com sells RU in a non-kosher manner.

RU was being developed as a treatment for acne and hair loss but the company dropped it because they didn't think they would make $$$. It never made it to advanced research trials. So people are now violating the copyright and using it themselves.

finasteride/dutasteride work by preventing testosterone from forming DHT, where DHT binds to androgen receptors and this somehow kills your hair.
RU works by antagonizing the androgen receptor, preventing DHT from binding to it.

Thanks David, I started to look into it, seems like its only in a powder form & one has to play chemist to create a solution, maybe I'd try it if people really claim its working, but isn't that spironolactone S5 cream the same thing? I'm only using minoxidil/ax acid right now, looking for a topical anti-androgen presently. Some people so lucky who don't have the hair loss gene, my father-in-law in his 60's, full head of hair. Sucks.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks David, I started to look into it, seems like its only in a powder form & one has to play chemist to create a solution

Buy powder.
Dump powder in Stemox.
Pour on head.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks David, I started to look into it, seems like its only in a powder form & one has to play chemist to create a solution, maybe I'd try it if people really claim its working, but isn't that spironolactone S5 cream the same thing? I'm only using minoxidil/ax acid right now, looking for a topical anti-androgen presently. Some people so lucky who don't have the hair loss gene, my father-in-law in his 60's, full head of hair. Sucks.

S5 cream is something totally different hat I have not looked into.

If you don't like the powder, you can pay a modest premium and buy it pre-mixed using Kane's K&B solvent. If you're willing to play chemist, you can see my thread and read post #10:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...emox-minoxidil-ru-oralcastor-otheroils.99202/

ANT1862

Reaction score
S5 cream is something totally different hat I have not looked into.

If you don't like the powder, you can pay a modest premium and buy it pre-mixed using Kane's K&B solvent. If you're willing to play chemist, you can see my thread and read post #10:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...emox-minoxidil-ru-oralcastor-otheroils.99202/

Yes, I saw that on their page, will also check out what you mentioned, word of mouth, especially on here, is always the best review. Thanks.

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using RU for almost 2 years.
It definitely does something because I notice a huge change in shedding. At first daily shedding drops off to almost nothing. Barely a dozen hairs a day. Then after 4-6 months I get a huge shed where it feels like I'm going to lose it all overnight. It then goes back to almost nothing again.

I haven't had any sides from it.

Unfortunately, I'm not maintaining. I've definitely thinned out over the past two years and have lost ground at the hairline. I keep using it because I hope it's slowing down the rate of loss at least.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using RU for almost 2 years.
It definitely does something because I notice a huge change in shedding. At first daily shedding drops off to almost nothing. Barely a dozen hairs a day. Then after 4-6 months I get a huge shed where it feels like I'm going to lose it all overnight. It then goes back to almost nothing again.

I haven't had any sides from it.

Unfortunately, I'm not maintaining. I've definitely thinned out over the past two years and have lost ground at the hairline. I keep using it because I hope it's slowing down the rate of loss at least.

How much were you using? Did you use Kane's RU

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
How much were you using? Did you use Kane's RU
I don't measure it exactly anymore so maybe that explains the lack of results. I'd use approximately 80mg daily.

Yes, I order through Anagen. No problems but they're a bit slow. If you can estimate when you're close to running out it's best to order well in advance.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't measure it exactly anymore so maybe that explains the lack of results. I'd use approximately 80mg daily.

Yes, I order through Anagen. No problems but they're a bit slow. If you can estimate when you're close to running out it's best to order well in advance.

Yeah Im using 3% and I haven't seen any difference in shedding amount but granted Im using some performance enhancing drugs that are known to cause hair loss so maybe it is working. Im thinking I will buy 5% next month. Im also using nizoral, finast and minoxidil.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on RU for about 2 years

I use roughly 40 mg a day mixed in adenogen

Great thickening and minor regrowth - no growth of hairline.

Had some gyno issues with finasteride and it ballooned with dutasteride but still persists after quitting both. Not sure if RU contributes to this too.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently using 50mg/day in 2mL neogenic for 2.5% concentration. Its been 2.5 months and hairline is worse and even behind it is very thin.

Going to up to 100 mg/day in 2mL for 5% concentration. Might be overkill but having a bit of a freak out at the current state of hairline. Hopefully its just an RU shed and will get better. I've also started derminating inside the hairline which may cause loss/thinning??

Plus, not even sure if this kane RU is the real deal or if its gotten old and lost efficacy. My legit/tested RU can't get here fast enough.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently using 50mg/day in 2mL neogenic for 2.5% concentration. Its been 2.5 months and hairline is worse and even behind it is very thin.

Going to up to 100 mg/day in 2mL for 5% concentration. Might be overkill but having a bit of a freak out at the current state of hairline. Hopefully its just an RU shed and will get better. I've also started derminating inside the hairline which may cause loss/thinning??

Plus, not even sure if this kane RU is the real deal or if its gotten old and lost efficacy. My legit/tested RU can't get here fast enough.

Who is selling legit tested RU? I thought Kane was tested but again no one knows when a supplier can go rogue.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, I would chip in to get kanes RU retested. That being said, even if it comes back 99.99999% pure, are you still confident that every batch will be that way?

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, I would chip in to get kanes RU retested. That being said, even if it comes back 99.99999% pure, are you still confident that every batch will be that way?

How much does it cost to get it tested? Maybe we can set something up

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
people have had this discussion for years. sometimes its legit ru sometimes its not. sometimes it could be an old batch thats lost efficacy. better off finding a better source, but that takes effort, gb, and people who know what theyre doing

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is certainly legit from some sources for a long time already. If it doesn't work, then it's not for you. Simple as that.

It wouldn't even make sense for a source to sell bunk stuff suddenly. That would be pretty damn stupid and pretty illogical. You want to keep people hooked to RU, not scare them away and not let them drop the treatment lol. Any current hair loss treatment makes you somewhat of a drug addict, whether it's minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, RU etc. After all you need to use it continuously.

Last edited: