CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you already ordered it and it's on it's way I would just give the one month bottle a shot. If you get sides just stop using it.

FBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey buckthorn, :)

RU-User here. Last month I bumped up my RU58841 to a 15% solution. I think it's a good alternative for those who really cannot take an oral 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. The treatment does help to reduce shedding, increase density, and promotes more hair into the anagen phase.
So would you and other people say if finny 1mg (+ a decent dht blocking shampoo) works RU is kinda overkill? Overkill meaning the bell curve doesn't justify the results per say since 95% of the benefits could/should be seen with finasteride/dua.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I would only add in RU if you are still losing ground on finasteride or have hair greed (aka why I might add it in and use it on my hair line)

rcom440

Reaction score
nUczyGo.jpg
cb0lZmA
cb0lZmA

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is RU a good treatment option for people who can not use 5ar-inhibitors because of reflex hyperandrogenicity? Is the mode of action different?

I can not use finasteride because it gives me horrendous reflex hyperandrogenicity (including massive hairloss).

RU deactivates ~70% of androgen receptors in the scalp, is less likely to go systemic at low doses, and has no influence on serum hormones.
Finasteride deactivates ~60% of androgen receptors in the scalp, virtually always goes systemic, reduces DHT in the serum by 60% and increases T&E by 15%,

It' been speculated by some posters here that the greatest regrowth on finasteride is due to the increased estradiol.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick answers. Can RU be classified as a 5ar-inhibitor like finasteride?

no, because it doesn't reduce 5-ar enzymes... it doesn't effect serum 5-ar or DHT at all, theoretically. it simply binds to the androgen receptor to BLOCK DHT or testosterone from binding... theoretically that is. I have had zero success on RU.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do. I started yesterday with .33ml (less than half ml) on temples. It's 3% RU.

How much you are applying?

I'm not on RU yet, I'm debating adding it in like 6 more months of so (still maintaining I just want more regrowth on my temples)

Ag87

Reaction score
I've been on RU for 6 months now. Applying 25mg to my hairline only. Couldn't use more due to heart side effects. Vehicle KB solution.

I've had decent results - reduced shedding by around half. The past few weeks I've noticed the hair loss has started to increase again, and it's just occurred to me that this was when I started using a new batch (still from The Kane Shop). Has anyone else experienced this or am I maybe overthinking it?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any theories as to these alleged cardiac-related side effects due to RU?

I worry that I might be experiencing them at a low level and not be aware of it and thereby doing lasting damage to my second most important organ.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any theories as to these alleged cardiac-related side effects due to RU?

I worry that I might be experiencing them at a low level and not be aware of it and thereby doing lasting damage to my second most important organ.

it's going systemic and binding to androgen receptors in the heart muscle cells? who knows. I would never rub anything on my scalp with the assumption that it's not going to go systemic.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some percentage around 1-3 I believe goes systematic. Having something with low half life like ru is a good thing.

Regarding this study anti androgens did not increase any heart related side effects:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21981434

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dumbass here; what % of RU would 2.5 grams of RU in a 60 ml solution (minoxidil bottle) make?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4% ? How.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little over 4%.

Thank you man. If I were to use RU in minoxidil, could I just dump 2.5 grams in the minoxidil bottle and shake it, or should I like pour the two into a beaker, stir it, then put it back?