Buzzed Hair Down To 1mm And Stopped Visiting Hair Forums

AngrySam

My Regimen
Reaction score
My system works because there is no other system. You can't get the girls who don't invite you so what's the point?

Girls always make the first move. Kind of. We should not encourage men to approach women indiscriminately, since it actually makes it harder for other men.

Wait for the green light.

Are you being serious here ? I honestly can't tell if you are joking or not. Worst pickup advice I have literally ever heard.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
For god's sake, just install Tinder, swipe right on every girl, and try to get dates.

You're just hypothesizing here. Zircon and I have first-hand experience. Because we put ourselves out there.

Enough of this "I'm sure that if I tried, I'd be totally fine!" nonsense.

Or this empty alpha BS talk: "I like meeting girls in real life!" despite not getting any results.

"I like meeting girls in real life!" Sure, what are your stats? How many girls have you fucked that way?!

What are your credentials?! You already replied, they're almost non-existent.

Therefore anything you have to say on this subject is devoid of value.

I do not know why I have to keep explaining this. Yes i do not have the experience, but there are so many people out there WITH the experience and have the same opinion as me. You keep addressing that I have no experience, yet completely ignore the fact that there are others with this experience.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tinder was a huge deal for me. I've found someone I enjoy slamming/talking to and don't want to do casual sex anymore, but honestly with a good transplant result I could easily smash a different 6/7 every week if my results with my current crap hair are anything to go by.

I dont want to give impression that i am saying hair/looks are not important things in life--they are for sure.

we live in a looks driven society.

I just dont agree with his black/white approach for all people all situations.

He paints all men all women with same brush

What one woman finds more or less attractive in a man is different and also what most women find attractive in men at 19 is not the same at 28.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget your relationship is not real, since you found the girl on Tinder.

If you had met her in real life like real men do, it would have been real.

;)

Keep twisting my words to feel validated in your opinions...Nice try.

T

tellersquill

That's the best pick-up advice you're going to get.

What do you suggest? Approaching indiscriminately?

Three dates a week is only possible if you have above average looks.

Talk about your success to average or ugly guys, they'll believe that you're bullshitting them.

"Girls are not like that!"

Like this black guy I went out with recently who actually told me:

"You're the first guy I've ever heard of who pulled on Tinder! I thought it was impossible..."

Me: *silence*

Non-incel first world problems: "There was no emotional connection with the girls I had sex with! f*** my life!"

You know that right now, Exodus and Dante must be like:

american-psycho-axe-murderer.jpg
I think you have to be a 6 or higher to get tinder to work for you. Pof is a little difference.

I have a 6'3 mate who is around an 8 out of 10 and women approach him. Sometimes they will also give him massive cues to approach.

I didn't think it was possible until I was around him. I thought women didn't approach!

But still, I cant complain, even being a 7 allows me my moderate success.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
You said earlier that personality and charisma are super important in sparking attraction and forming relationships with the opposite sex. This is a classic common sense position but not one that is necessarily substantiated by a body of rigorous evidence. In part this is due to the difficulty of producing such evidence, and in part because the actual trend in the research is that looks and personality blend together to where it's hard to know where one ends and the other begins. Statistics from Okcupid and other dating sites tend to show that looks as a driving factor in interest and response rates is overwhelmingly important. Of all the signals in the noise it is by far the strongest. However, this by itself is not really quality evidence either, seeing as dating sites are an imperfect analogue to real-life dating and courtship.

You have not, as of yet, produced a single instance of the hundreds you portend exist. But let's say you put your money where your mouth was, and actually produced some. This would amount to anecdotal accounts, be they of men who claimed their confidence/charisma won women over, or the other way around. This is evidence of poor quality, as the saying goes: "the plural of anecdote is not data". The reason is that the providers of these accounts may be significantly misinterpreting the events in their lives. For example, they may be conflating sexual desire for them generated by the way they look, with interest generated by the things they say. Their interpretations may be heavily influenced by the common sense notion that personality is important.

So with this in mind, we are left with nothing really substantial in the way of evidence to base our "knowledge" off of. There is not a wealth of good evidence backing up that personality is important in courtship and it certainly is not anything remotely close to as self-evident that 2+2=4.
I just do not know how to get through to you guys. A lot of people can recognize someone as attractive, but they would need to get to know them to be attracted to them. If you have a 10/10 gorgeous model, but find out his/her personality makes you very irritated and angry for whatever reason, then the chances of you two being in a successful relationship is slim. If maintaining relationships are based solely off looks, then this situation cannot obviously happen.

Never once have I said that those "hundreds of instances" are of men claiming confidence/charisma won women over. What I said was that there are hundreds of instances of men having experience in the dating field that have the same outlook as me: that looks are not everything in the dating game.

T

tellersquill

I dont want to give impression that i am saying hair/looks are not important things in life--they are for sure.

we live in a looks driven society.

I just dont agree with his black/white approach for all people all situations.

He paints all men all women with same brush

What one woman finds more or less attractive in a man is different and also what most women find attractive in men at 19 is not the same at 28.
Even looks wise it changes, right?

I hear teens say they like Biebar (lol!) but grown women like men like Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pine etc.

Tastes change as we age.

Not to mention things like same wants (kids and houses) playing more of an important factor.

T

tellersquill

I just do not know how to get through to you guys. A lot of people can recognize someone as attractive, but they would need to get to know them to be attracted to them. If you have a 10/10 gorgeous model, but find out his/her personality makes you very irritated and angry for whatever reason, then the chances of you two being in a successful relationship is slim. If maintaining relationships are based solely off looks, then this situation cannot obviously happen.

Never once have I said that those "hundreds of instances" are of men claiming confidence/charisma won women over. What I said was that there are hundreds of instances of men having experience in the dating field that have the same outlook as me: that looks are not everything in the dating game.
Haha I like how we've only just established that looks and personality matter. Such a basic thing and its taken fifty posts for us to get close to agreement.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even looks wise it changes, right?

I hear teens say they like Biebar (lol!) but grown women like men like Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pine etc.

Tastes change as we age.

Not to mention things like same wants (kids and houses) playing more of an important factor.

I never was into boyish looks to be honest...I mean i think when i was like 5 I thought boyish pop stars were cute..

by the time i hit puberty i was in to more manly looking men as 'pin ups' so to speak.

By the time i was 16 or so thats what i was dating lol.

I kissed a few HS boys but i started dating men young.

in HS i dated late teens/early 20s

I lost my virginity i was like 19 he was 28 was with him for about 3 years on and off.

By the time i went to College i was dating men more in my age range but out of college it was normal for me to date 5-10 years older...Im still like that it seems to be i am attracted to men from my age up to 10 years older.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what is worse: the possibility that you're (hopefully) lying or the possibility that you truly believe this crap. Maybe a combination of both, after all, women are irrational.

It was a long post Dante try being specific in what you are worried I'm lying about.

You sure you want to engage with me? you always seem to get very upset to the point you make other people think i am a 'bully' to you.

It is the internet i can not see your expressions so If you genuinely get emotionally uspset and have been victimized by women i do no want to add to this

But please do not 'come for me' if you cannot emotionally handle it.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
You are strawmanning both my position and my characterization of yours.

Here's what you said:

I've made a point of talking to the girls I've met off dating apps about their experiences and how they've felt on dates. An eerily common refrain, repeated almost verbatim, is that I know within seconds whether they will sleep with someone or not. The feeling of physical attraction is instant; either it's there or it's not. What the guy says matters very little. It just needs to not be hideously offensive. If she genuinely wants to sleep with him she'll give him tons of material to work with, she'll laugh at all his jokes, anything to keep the conversation going. He just needs to not f*** things up horribly. And as best I can understand it, that's where the importance of charisma and personality begins and ends when it comes to having sex with a woman. For long-term relationships the physical attraction is the anchor, what keeps her calling, messaging, making dinner for you.

I have certainly never claimed looks are everything, that is simple-minded nonsense. Interpersonal relationships are complex affairs with many variables. However, where I speak from experience, and where I think you reveal the lack of yours, is in the understanding of how these variables are weighted. Looks may be as much as 70-80% from what I have seen/experienced. They are not something that helps, they are the main driving force. Having something like baldness, which hurts you so much aesthetically, is a huge deal when it comes to this facet of life. When you actually put yourself out there you'll start to understand. It will likely be quite painful for you.

Comparing what I actually said to what you believe me saying is definitely not considered strawmanning.

For the rest of your post, we are in agreement with everything though. I have stated several times before that looks and personality both matter. However, I do not know where you are getting the assumptions that I weigh looks so low. My ideology has always been that both are important. The issue here lies with people like Fred. He openly states that things such as confidence/charisma play no role in obtaining relationships and that looks are indeed everything.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
“What i find attractive is more than their f*****g face--that is the fuckin point.” = Bullshit, we’ve discussed this in almost every thread in “Impact of Hair Loss”, so this doesn’t need explanation.

“Have i fucked men who i thought average--spent a bit of time gotten to know--then found them more 'attractive' YES”= I’m quite sure they were quite above average, and you would have banged them even without spending time getting to know them, even if they turned out to be complete idiots or assholes. Women do that all the time.

Your empathy is indeed touching. :)

Yes Dante i hate to disappoint you but i am more than than just looks that attract me and i would take an average looking man who accomplished more than average things in his life for sure..

Men i have been with are not average--some are average looking but incredible in other ways.. Remarkable even in other ways.

Would i stay with a man who was a complete idiot or a**h**? NO of course not good looking or not good looking i would not stay.

T

tellersquill

Yes Dante i hate to disappoint you but i am more than than just looks that attract me and i would take an average looking man who accomplished more than average things in his life for sure..

Men i have been with are not average--some are average looking but incredible in other ways.. Remarkable even in other ways.

Would i stay with a man who was a complete idiot or a**h**? NO of course not good looking or not good looking i would not stay.
Agreed.

Only a moron would stay with an attractive person who is an absolute arse.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, as you say. :)

Don't overestimate women.

If everything you think i say is a lie or self delusion why do you engage?

You engage me and then when i answer you back you cry as if i am abusing you and other people start giving me sh*t as if i am a bully and you sit back and keep your mouth shut as if your my victim.

meanwhile you almost always engage first.

this is self-masochistic behavior.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need an explanation to why you get along with some people immediately and why with others, you could just try to do everything right, take an interest in what they do, try to make them laugh, and you still won't get along with them.

I've found my explanation. It beats agonizing about what I might have done wrong for ages. In fact, I've done just that for years, and it ate me up. Until I realized that no, it was not my fault.

No one gets along with everyone, no one can bond with everyone, don't pretend you do because that would be some major BS.

You can't change who you are anyway. As cliche as it sounds, you can only be yourself in society.

So you just have to do that, and then see what people think: "Hey, that guy's pretty cool!"

So yes, I believe we get along with people or not based on genetics.

Of course, there's no scientific evidence to support that claim. Yet.

It's a bit of an intuition I have. I also know when a situation is hopeless, I know when I just can't win.

I've always known, but somehow, in the past, I thought I could still win: "Surely if I say the right thing!"

Whether it was with a girl, or any other social situation. My brain scans all the possibilities and I'm like:

"Nah wouldn't work, wouldn't work, wouldn't work" The joy (and curse) of hypersensitivity.

But according to some here, there's always a way. I don't believe that.

Like with hair loss, sometimes you have to admit that there's no solution, no way you're going to win.

EXACTLY!!
You have your own version of a 'blue pill' bullshit that works for you..so your going to stick to it no matter what because its how YOU cope and how YOU comfort yourself.

What you do to these guys with your advice to those who have less or different experience then you is just as bad as the people who blow smoke up their *** that its not going to matter. You do the same exact sh*t. You comfort yourself with the false knowledge since you can not change it no one else can either..and here and there you pick apart what supports this hypothesis and what does not you deflect discredit or attempt to shame.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand and respect the position that we should meet people in real life. It's not a bad idea, and we have all met people in real life at some point. We made friends in school and in college. I remember how easy it was in college, I took classes and I wrote for the college newspaper and I must have met 100+ people a year, including many women. I also met women when I was doing the service sector thing as a 17-20 year old, I realized later on some were attracted to me but I did not how to capitalize. Given these factors, I see "real life" as a suitable way to meet people.

I did meetups for a while. It takes a lot of effort. I went to ~25 meetups or so and I made 1 genuine friend and a few sub-genuine friends, but other than that I also had many fun nights out. So it was worth it -- it takes effort though.

Another hobby I had was cooking classes. I made no friends from that. People followed the recipes and the instructions and talked about how yummy the food is and then they went home.

Another hobby I took was yoga classes. People came in, did stretches, followed the Ashtanga series (or whichever) for ~90 minutes, packed their stuff and then went home.

Meeting people online is genuinely easier and that has value.

Last edited: