Buzzed Hair Down To 1mm And Stopped Visiting Hair Forums

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
And holy does it make you not care as much anymore about what people think about you. I used to visit this place everyday and always get a sense of dread about my hair. I hardly come here now, keep my hair super short, and it feels so much better. I do not know why it took me so long to realize forums like this has just a bunch of negative people that are so alluded to blame hairloss to all their problems. It really brings people down. Just wanted to let you guys know there is such a brighter side if you stop caring. Byee

Edit: I want to say that I learned a lot on this forum and there are a few people on this forum that spoke with reason and had a positive outlook on things. Dench, Buckthorn, and Roberto come to mind. I probably will come here for the next few days just to see if anyone comments on this post, then very rarely come back.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
And holy does it make you not care as much anymore about what people think about you. I used to visit this place everyday and always get a sense of dread about my hair. I hardly come here now, keep my hair super short, and it feels so much better. I do not know why it took me so long to realize forums like this has just a bunch of negative people that are so alluded to blame hairloss to all their problems. It really brings people down. Just wanted to let you guys know there is such a brighter side if you stop caring. Byee
Good for you.

A lot of people tend to forget that NO ONE here thinks that buzzing / shaving is for tools.

It is a great solution IF you look good shaved.

The one time I did it people laughed in my face, so not so lucky as you.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you.

A lot of people tend to forget that NO ONE here thinks that buzzing / shaving is for tools.

It is a great solution IF you look good shaved.

The one time I did it people laughed in my face, so not so lucky as you.

I just want to make it clear that I think I look better with longer hair. My family thought the same, and a lot of my friends expressed their opinion the day I just showed up to college with my hair cut so short. However, a lot of this backlash is because people, as well as yourself, are USED to seeing you with longer hair. If you had short hair all your life then the people you know would not make as many comments towards your hair.

It took over a month for the jokes/comments to stop from my friends about my hair. Now it is just feels normal and everyone around me is used to it.

Also, on your comment about no one thinking shaving is for tools: I have read numerous people on this forum saying shaved heads are always worse than heads with hair, no matter the amount. To say NO ONE here thinks shaving is for tools is definitely an overstatement. I am not advocating that it is only a good solution if you look good shaved, I am advocating it is a good solution to the stress hair loss brings to your mind. It may be hard at the beginning because of the comments people make, but once you stick with the buzzed/shaved look for awhile, everyone will get used to it.

T

tellersquill

I think he shaved head looks best at around the NW4 stage.

Btw I'm happy for you and if being away from here makes you feel that way then keep doing it.

I only come here because there are some good debates and it keeps me entertained.

Overall, a lot of the attitudes are very unhealthy and if you are not in a good place they can corrupt even the nicest person.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Edit: I want to say that I learned a lot on this forum and there are a few people on this forum that spoke with reason and had a positive outlook on things. Dench, Buckthorn, and Roberto come to mind. I probably will come here for the next few days just to see if anyone comments on this post, then very rarely come back.

I am glad you found some relief brother! :)

Reactions: Alk

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was fortunate to look good with a shaved head, I'd be down for it (through truthfully I have no idea if I would...)

shookwun

Reaction score
I wish I had the luxury of buzzing

Unfortunately my hair when buzzed looks like diffuse patches.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Wish I could buzz as well.

I've been covering up how deep my temples have receded for a year or two now. It'd be a shock to everyone including me

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
have a buzzcut for 8 years – from my teens

looks ok but I look older for a 10 years and commented I look like a prisoner

shookwun

Reaction score
What's your Norwood, and what is your life like now, can I ask? Are you regularly having sex with attractive women? You're in college, have you started applying to jobs yet? Are you being invited out to parties or are your days mainly spent inside playing video games and smoking herb?

This would be a good template to follow up new users by.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Buzzing is a nuclear option for me. It would be total career, social and romantic suicide. Maybe the worry would go away but so would everything else. Like I said in another thread, I would literally rather die than go back to the life I had when I was buzzed and slick. It's 1/4ths of a life for someone who wants 100%.

What's your Norwood, and what is your life like now, can I ask? Are you regularly having sex with attractive women? You're in college, have you started applying to jobs yet? Are you being invited out to parties or are your days mainly spent inside playing video games and smoking herb?

I attached pics of my hair right now. I am 20 years old with my crown just about gone. Very bad diffusion spread throughout the top of the scalp. I am NW1-1.5. Currently not sexually active. I am pre-med and spend most of my time right now studying for classes and preparing for the MCAT. I go out a few times only when I know I do not have any work to do.

Edit: The pictures I posted are of me with LONGER hair than usual. It is still short hair, but nowhere near the length of 1mm like I said in the title. I need to get it buzzed again.

Attachments

• 20161022_210453.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 321
  • 20161022_210451.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 312

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to visit this place everyday and always get a sense of dread about my hair. I hardly come here now, keep my hair super short, and it feels so much better. I do not know why it took me so long to realize forums like this has just a bunch of negative people that are so alluded to blame hairloss to all their problems. It really brings people down.

Dude, I'm sincerely happy you found a solution. I would do the same if I looked even remotely normal with a shaved head, but I don't; I've tried.

About this statement, I find it somewhat condescending, as though these forums were the source or contributor to your hair loss despair. The fact is, it's the despair brought about by hairloss that moves people, like me and others, to reach out on forums like these. Here we find solace, solutions, new ideas, and yes even distraction.

Did you take this tone to convince others that they're doing it wrong, or to convince yourself that you're making the right choice?

The answer for you was to shave and move on. The answer for many is something different. Don't judge them.

Last edited:

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm sincerely happy you found a solution. I would do the same if I looked even remotely normal with a shaved head, but I don't; I've tried.

About this statement, I find it somewhat condescending, as though these forums were the source or contributor to your hair loss despair. The fact is, it's the despair brought about by hairloss that moves people, like me and others, to reach out on forums like these. Here we find solace, solutions, new ideas, and yes even distraction.

The answer for you was to shave and move on. The answer for many is something different. Don't judge them.

I can see how my post can seem condescending to some, so I am sorry about that. However, I thought the same exact thing as you how my hairloss made me reach out to these forums. I thought it was providing me a place for solace, solutions, and new ideas like you said, but it is the exact opposite. There are no new solutions and new ideas in the past 10 years. It's either hair transplant or get on minoxidil/finasteride to save your hair. And in terms of solace? I was literally putting my self in a pool of *a lot* of negative people. Sure it served as a distraction, but is that really a good thing? Again, sorry if this offends you. I just want you to hear my way of thinking.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's in pre med lol he's going to do fine with both ladies and profession if he's good at what he does.

C180M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been buzzing for 6 months or so too, im lucky i have the structure for it, it does not look good on everybody.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Money and status do not attract women.

Money and status just help you meet more women who are attracted to you.

When you're bald, a lot more women will reject you.

So it kind of balances out. I guess being high status and bald is better than being poor and bald.

Who would have thought?

Not in America

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Professionally he won't have any issue with it, docs are on the more meritocratic side of things. Women.. I'm not so sure. He might earn good money, but in this day and age that's no guarantee for success in that department.

Most women who are young now are getting married after 30

he will probably start looking for wife around 35.

he will be fine.

Trust me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
its rare to find an MD over 35 who is not married.