My Regimen
Reaction score
buzzcut rocks!... on Jockovich or Steve Amell for example

but post NW3 it is compensation

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our generation will probably buck that trend as we are dodging marriage and kids like the plague.

perhaps but people want and need relationships that are binding so maybe no 'marriage' but he will most likely be in a long term stead monogamous relationship with someone he is building life with.

T

tellersquill

perhaps but people want and need relationships that are binding so maybe no 'marriage' but he will most likely be in a long term stead monogamous relationship with someone he is building life with.
Perhaps.

My friends are either chronic singletons or have settled and now are on the first round of divorces.

Some of the marriages only lasted two years!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All is fine then, he'll just have to wait one and a half decade before finally landing a mid-thirties woman who will settle for him to get his money. :D

will he have the hottest women 18-25 over next few years? no.

When he's a little older the world will be more open to him when for a lot of people it will just start closing.

You guys are youth obsessed about yourselves.

and women who like professional men does not equal being after their money.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps.

My friends are either chronic singletons or have settled and now are on the first round of divorces.

Some of the marriages only lasted two years!

You seriously nit pick the sh*t out of everything i write

Okay so he won't get married

he will be single

single Dr over 35

He will be fine.

the point is it will be more of his choice.

T

tellersquill

Oh, I wasn't talking about the original poster.

I was just talking about some of the people I know. Its kind of depressing.

Your single as well, right?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you like me - they all become a little boring in the end?

Or are you happy being single?

I never wanted children so i never saw point of marriage to be honest.

Am i happy being single? I was happy being single for very long time and i am glad i never got married to any of the men i was with in my past to be very honest so i have no regrets on that front.

I would like to find a partner at this point at least or within next couple of years who has similar mind set as myself to grow old with.

T

tellersquill

I never wanted children so i never saw point of marriage to be honest.

Am i happy being single? I was happy being single for very long time and i am glad i never got married to any of the men i was with in my past to be very honest so i have no regrets on that front.

I would like to find a partner at this point at least or within next couple of years who has similar mind set as myself to grow old with.
I feel the same way.

I've had my fun and I want to settle.

The problem I have is not everyone wants the childfree lifestyle

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Money and status do not attract women.

Money and status just help you meet more women who are attracted to you.

When you're bald, a lot more women will reject you.

So it kind of balances out. I guess being high status and bald is better than being poor and bald.

Who would have thought?
I feel like this is definitely far from the truth. Anyone would want the comfort of knowing that there will be little to no financial burden in their lives. This is a very attractive feature. Just because you are rich does in no way mean you will meet more women who are attracted to you. It again comes down to what you do and how you put yourself out there. You think just because you make a big salary, a lot more women are going to flock to you? That is crazy talk. No one is going to be coming unless you put yourself out there.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel the same way.

I've had my fun and I want to settle.

The problem I have is not everyone wants the childfree lifestyle

I think it depends on what field of work women are in.

i work in film industry--i don't meet too many women who want to have children who enter this field to be honest.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Rich people have private parties, fundraising parties and what not. They're getting noticed way more than your average schmuck. Therefore, they meet way more women on a regular basis.

Money matters only if you don't have enough. I'm not talking about living in a cardboard. But this idea that money will make more women want to sleep with you is nonsense. If a woman is not attracted to your looks, no amount of money or status is ever going to change her mind.

I know this is hard to admit since this myth won't die. Daily mail readers who think they're so smart just love that myth: "You just need a big wallet mate!"

Nope.
Since when do you need to be rich to have parties and meet people???? There are so many instances where people gather together and it has nothing to do with money. I cannot comprehend your logic here.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But this idea that money will make more women want to sleep with you is nonsense.

this might be true in the world of tinder and quick hookups. but in the world of dating to find a lifetime partner/marriage, and not through an app but through friends, colleagues, and face to face encounters, being rich is absolutely seen as a desirable trait. and that means an advantage in getting people to date you. sex is usually part of dating.

or, are you saying that if you put 2 people next to each other, with similar looks, personality, etc... the only significant difference is that one is rich and one has an average amt of money... and you ask most people, who would you rather date with an eye toward a possible marriage someday... most people will say "its irrelevant"?

T

tellersquill

this might be true in the world of tinder and quick hookups. but in the world of dating to find a lifetime partner/marriage, and not through an app but through friends, colleagues, and face to face encounters, being rich is absolutely seen as a desirable trait. and that means an advantage in getting people to date you. sex is usually part of dating.

or, are you saying that if you put 2 people next to each other, with similar looks, personality, etc... the only significant difference is that one is rich and one has an average amt of money... and you ask most people, who would you rather date with an eye toward a possible marriage someday... most people will say "its irrelevant"?
Having money is attractive but I'd rather take someone who is poor but makes me happy.

I dated someone this summer who is wealthy and it is very appealing but it wasn't what drew me in. I liked her for her looks and intelligence - the money was just a nice bonus.

T

tellersquill

When it comes to human mating, practically everything besides looks is just "nice to have".

There are plenty of couples that are dysfunctional on every level: almost nothing in common, a lot of drama, fights, money problems, etc.

Yet these people make it work, in the sense that they stay together. Remove looks from the equation and they would not be together.

Funny how PUA's conflates causes and effects about this issue: "Look he behaves like an assholes and the girl is so in love with him!" Conclusion: girls love assholes! It's the other way around: she's crazy about his looks so she will tolerate all his excesses.
I disagree.

I've turned down good looking women because I don't have anything in common with them - so spending time with them is very hard.

I'm very picky who I spend my time with.

I love literature, arts, travel, and debate. If someone cannot keep up with me and keep my brain active I get bored very fast.

I've often gone out with less attractive women who I enjoy spending time with.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree.

I've turned down good looking women because I don't have anything in common with them - so spending time with them is very hard.

I'm very picky who I spend my time with.

I love literature, arts, travel, and debate. If someone cannot keep up with me and keep my brain active I get bored very fast.

I've often gone out with less attractive women who I enjoy spending time with.

I'm quite sure the women you dated applied the same reasoning, they must have dated you because you "love literature, arts, travel and debate". :D

After seeing your pictures, I'm sure that must be correct. :D

T

tellersquill

Why do you need to have things with common with someone? Can't you just have fun conversations about anything with them?

To me, this is plain arrogance. I'm like you, I'm a cultured guy who likes to debate (in case it wasn't obvious) and travel.

But I'd never leave a woman because she's not as cultured as me. I'm used to people knowing way less than I do.

If I used that standard, I'd have to reject all women out there.

One girl I had dated didn't know what the Titanic was. Both the movie and the boat.

I still had a great time with her. You seem to be hard on some people for some very superficial reasons.

I don't blame you, I had a short period where I did the same, but I quickly realized that I was just being an a**h**.
Because you cannot have a meaningful relationship with someone who is not close to your intelligence rate.

Scientists have tested couples and IQ's and they found that nearly all married couples have a similar IQ (with a 5 point discrepancy.)

How could I have a long in depth discussions about philosophy or ethics with someone who isn't interested or is not capable?

If I start talking about literature they will grow bored. If they start talking about reality tv then I will grow bored. Simple.

Honestly, if it was just looks I would have sex with them and dump them. Hell, I used to do that when I was younger and it just left everyone felling terrible. If you shag someone based on their looks then it always goes pear shaped in the long run - there has to be something more than just beauty.