brutal norwood 5/6 hairtransplant result

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@justinbieberscombover is that a one in a million or is your result similar?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

@justinbieberscombover is that a one in a million or is your result similar?
Well, my front is similar, but I only had 7k grafts. This person had 12k grafts, so obviously his midscalp and crown are much better.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
O V E R H A R V E S T I N G
V
E
R
H
A
R
V
E
S
T
I
N
G
justinbieberscombover is probalby done with hair transplants because 7k grafts is what an average balder has.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
V
E
R
H
A
R
V
E
S
T
I
N
G
justinbieberscombover is probalby done with hair transplants because 7k grafts is what an average balder has.
who cares about the sides lol

so 12k grafts is really an exception i assume

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
who cares about the sides lol

so 12k grafts is really an exception i assume
look up overharvesting, everyone should care about sides, they are just as crucial as the top, which is what most people refuse to believe. If sides didnt matter you would literally transplant everything from the sides to the top, but they clearly matter so people dont do that.

Nobody has 12k grafts, maybe the elite of the elite, but even for them this is considered overharvesting

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
look up overharvesting, everyone should care about sides, they are just as crucial as the top, which is what most people refuse to believe. If sides didnt matter you would literally transplant everything from the sides to the top, but they clearly matter so people dont do that.
disagree

id rather have the hair of tom hardy (who has very poor density including his sides) then some bald guy with super thick side hair who looks like a clown

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
V
E
R
H
A
R
V
E
S
T
I
N
G
Ask me first? I actually have donor for another transplant without over harvesting if I want, but so far I'm treating the midscalp and crown with minoxidil, and don't really see an urgency.

A transplant is an extremely painful procedure for me, so for now I'd rather avoid getting another one for as long as possible.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
disagree

id rather have the hair of tom hardy (who has very poor density including his sides) then some bald guy with super thick side hair who looks like a clown
So would I and anyone else. I am talking about overharvested sides, look up the worst cases of tom hardy still has fine and natural sides.
Ask me first? I actually have donor for another transplant without over harvesting if I want, but so far I'm treating the midscalp and crown with minoxidil, and don't really see an urgency.

A transplant is an extremely painful procedure for me, so for now I'd rather avoid getting another one for as long as possible.
I dont know your genetics I just assume about the average. How many viable grafts you have in total.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
So would I and anyone else. I am talking about overharvested sides, look up the worst cases of tom hardy still has fine and natural sides.

I dont know your genetics I just assume about the average. How many viable grafts you have in total.
I don't know exactly how many actually, never asked. All I know is that I have more left for another procedure.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense if on an average Dr Zarev gets 7k from the donor and 4-5k from the beard/body, plus most of those patients have really dark and coarse hair to begin with. He performed 3 procedures on each patient, not 1.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense if on an average Dr Zarev gets 7k from the donor and 4-5k from the beard/body, plus most of those patients have really dark and coarse hair to begin with. He performed 3 procedures on each patient, not 1.
Then its not overharvesting if he does that.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its a great result, definitely worth the 3 procedures

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Zarev is really good, great coverage all over and lovely hairline, so natural and he is amazing at keeping the donor clean looking. BUT...all results are with people that have dark coarse hair which really should not be interpreted as the norm result wise. Not to say he can't do a job on people with fine/medium hair, but it won't look anywhere as good as this. If I ever lose density elsewhere, I would definitely pay for this guy as he really makes use of the grafts and he is used to working on similar hair/ethnicity. Can imagine he will almost match my hair as it is now, that's how great he is.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Zarev is really good, great coverage all over and lovely hairline, so natural and he is amazing at keeping the donor clean looking. BUT...all results are with people that have dark coarse hair which really should not be interpreted as the norm result wise. Not to say he can't do a job on people with fine/medium hair, but it won't look anywhere as good as this. If I ever lose density elsewhere, I would definitely pay for this guy as he really makes use of the grafts and he is used to working on similar hair/ethnicity. Can imagine he will almost match my hair as it is now, that's how great he is.
With your type of hair it only takes 2k grafts to build the crown from bare to full. Incredible

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I wonder what the distribution of grafts (how many body, how many scalp, how many beard) is. 12k grafts from the head would be incredible.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
With your type of hair it only takes 2k grafts to build the crown from bare to full. Incredible

Yes I remember my surgeon saying the same at the time that it was one of the best hair types he saw. I think if I included mid scalp + crown, I believe 3.5k would be suffice to give illusion of good density. FUE tends to max out at 6-7k and then after it's FUT. I'm hoping you can thicken up your crown with the topical approach but you did the right thing anyway with the 1.2k grafts you had - it wouldn't have made much difference to add to the midscalp but instead lowering the hairline you have a perfect frame and can slick it over. That goes a long way with aesthetics even if there is some balding, looks natural with age. Of course we all want perfect density all over but when in such a situation you did the right thing. You have a good beard and perhaps the hair below your chin could be used as a density filler for the crown/midscalp, interspersed with donor hair. But right now I would just give medication a chance with rolling and see the impact that has.