blood circultion in bald men study

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing you can do are personal attacks? I have degrees in science and have been a lifelong athlete so if you want to find something to make yourself feel superior I suggest you try something else.

Environmental factors means anything not inherently genetic. This includes anything that may alter gene expression. If you research a bit you'll see just how complex all the interactions are and how it's not black and white like "having a genetic factor means environmental factor is nonexistent!!!"

I'm having some decent results with my theories so you can remain "just desperate" if you want.

do you think an autistic, balding guy with an degree in some engineersubject is sth i look up to? as if an degree and and bit sucess in sports on amateur lvl is sth special ... guess what...i have a degree aswell and make some decent money but it would never come to my mind to mention sth so unimportant on an hairlossforum...

i also have some decent result with something called finasterid...

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
So when will you cure our bald heads.

Multifactorial, the information is out there. Whether people have dedication or not is another story.

do you think an autistic, balding guy with an degree in some engineersubject is sth i look up to? as if an degree and and bit sucess in sports on amateur lvl is sth special ... guess what...i have a degree aswell and make some decent money but it would never come to my mind to mention sth so unimportant on an hairlossforum...

i also have some decent result with something called finasterid...

You attacked me calling me autistic for providing reasonable information. I have a biochemistry degree which provides me with a background in this topic, which I brought it up because you wanted to hurl personal insults rather than have a civilized debate. Since you wanted to feel superior to an "autistic balding nerd" online I brought up my physical background to let you know that calling me autistic isn't going to work considering I'm more athletic and stronger than most of the population.

Now if you read my earlier comments in this thread, you would know I have never discounted the role of androgens. so keep taking that finasteride and waiting for a cure to come.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Multifactorial, the information is out there. Whether people have dedication or not is another story.

You attacked me calling me autistic for providing reasonable information. I have a biochemistry degree which provides me with a background in this topic, which I brought it up because you wanted to hurl personal insults rather than have a civilized debate. Since you wanted to feel superior to an "autistic balding nerd" online I brought up my physical background to let you know that calling me autistic isn't going to work considering I'm more athletic and stronger than most of the population.

Now if you read my earlier comments in this thread, you would know I have never discounted the role of androgens. so keep taking that finasteride and waiting for a cure to come.

„Since you wanted to feel superior to an "autistic balding nerd" “

this wat you falsely assuming without hints.

probably due to bad experience in childhood

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
„Since you wanted to feel superior to an "autistic balding nerd" “

this wat you falsely assuming without hints.

probably due to bad experience in childhood

You kept calling me autistic instead of forming a proper rebuttal, which is what people who want to feel superior to someone over the internet do. I'm guessing you felt it would be a proper insult from the way I type since I like scientific discussion, assuming me to be some autistic nerd. You didn't want to refute what I said in a civilized manner so you resort to name calling to try to one up me. It's probably a correct assumption about you judging from the way you refuse stay up to update on hair loss research despite being desperate. Simple minded.

If you're out of shape with no athletic background, don't try to resort to personal attacks because you don't have much ground to stand on. It makes you nothing more than a keyboard warrior because we know you wouldn't act this way in real life.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You kept calling me autistic instead of forming a proper rebuttal, which is what people who want to feel superior to someone over the internet do. I'm guessing you felt it would be a proper insult from the way I type since I like scientific discussion, assuming me to be some autistic nerd. You didn't want to refute what I said in a civilized manner so you resort to name calling to try to one up me. It's probably a correct assumption about you judging from the way you refuse stay up to update on hair loss research despite being desperate. Simple minded.

If you're out of shape with no athletic background, don't try to resort to personal attacks because you don't have much ground to stand on. It makes you nothing more than a keyboard warrior because we know you wouldn't act this way in real life.

this is pure cringe. probably the cringiest thing ive ever read here

imageine being an adult man typing that sh*t.

did they put you too often into the locker room during highschool or why are you that way?

just how INSECURE are you man? do you have any idea how this look to other people?

im literally laughing my *** off right now

and i dont know why you always repeat your „athletic background“. its neither special nor impressive....in fact it just sounds unironically autistic

btw in my early teens i got an offer to join the youth team of a big professional football club. i declined bc it would have meant a lot of sacrificies and yet 99.999% of the people there - despite being better than vast majority - will never make it into professional football. now i go the gym (like 80% of the male population between 16 and 40)

but do i mention this in normal conversations? no, i dont. because its nothing special and people dont care unless you on a real professional level aka earning money with it.

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is pure cringe. probably the cringiest thing ive ever read here

imageine being an adult man typing that sh*t.

did they put you too often into the locker room during highschool or why are you that way?

just how INSECURE are you man? do you have any idea how this look to other people?

im literally laughing my *** off right now

and i dont know why you always repeat your „athletic background“. its neither special nor impressive....in fact it just sounds unironically autistic

btw in my early teens i got an offer to join the youth team of a big professional football club. i declined bc it would have meant a lot of sacrificies and yet 99.999% of the people there - despite being better than vast majority - will never make it into professional football. now i go the gym (like 80% of the male population between 16 and 40)

but do i mention this in normal conversations? no, i dont. because its nothing special and people dont care unless you on a real professional level aka earning money with it.

I'm pretty confident actually. My hair loss isn't noticeable to the average person yet so the confidence is still there for now.

Didn't get bullied considering I wrestled and powerlifted throughout high school. Combat sports throughout college in camps with pros and open class fighters. I continue to train but no longer compete.

Like I said before, you wouldn't be talking this way in real life. I was ambiguous about my athletic background because I shouldn't even have to bring it up. This forum is for scientific discussion about hair loss but you resort to personal attacks after I quoted you. Fragile ego much? I'm assuming you're probably an average gym goer that doesn't stand out at all lol

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident actually. My hair loss isn't noticeable to the average person yet so the confidence is still there for now.

Didn't get bullied considering I wrestled and powerlifted throughout high school. Combat sports throughout college in camps with pros and open class fighters. I continue to train but no longer compete.

Like I said before, you wouldn't be talking this way in real life. I was ambiguous about my athletic background because I shouldn't even have to bring it up. This forum is for scientific discussion about hair loss but you resort to personal attacks after I quoted you. Fragile ego much? I'm assuming you're probably an average gym goer that doesn't stand out at all lol

you made an autistic comment and i asked you if you were autistic. turned out i was right (which confirms again it was not even an insult, just a fact) and since then you keep being autistic.

and you think im even remotely intimmitated by you? wrestling and powerlifting? you sound exactly like this insecure, overcompensating short guys you meet at the gym...and noone is intimmitated by these guys aswell. (b-b-but im 6’2...yes safe your breath im 6’3 and height is not the point here). they are nothing but a joke. just like you - who is an adult but arguments like a 12 year old boy...

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I’d register and tell you what a loser you are.

whatever makes you happy i guess.

you sound a bit overcompensating though. and its an interesting way to spend your time with. and interesting posting style...

and to the other? guy ... i just googled baldcel...i got linked to sites that - at least on my book- are frequented not by people that you would necessarily call a „winner“ in real life even though thats the image you desperately try to sell here?

and i noticed in this one thread i saw there did this quite often...

>
>
>

where i have seen this today aswell? oh yeah..right :)

i hope you guys get the help you need

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
you made an autistic comment and i asked you if you were autistic. turned out i was right (which confirms again it was not even an insult, just a fact) and since then you keep being autistic.

and you think im even remotely intimmitated by you? wrestling and powerlifting? you sound exactly like this insecure, overcompensating short guys you meet at the gym...and noone is intimmitated by these guys aswell. (b-b-but im 6’2...yes safe your breath im 6’3 and height is not the point here). they are nothing but a joke. just like you - who is an adult but arguments like a 12 year old boy...

Lol @ bringing up intimidation when all I did was list my athletic background, then saying I'm overcompensating just because I did those things. The irony in your statement when you call me insecure. I'm just letting you know calling someone autistic as an insult is usually what people do when they think they are superior in some way, either physically or mentally. Similar when kids call the smarter kids nerds. Your fragile ego got hurt when I called you out on your statement.

Also, baldcel is a term I got from the bodybuilding forums a few years ago. I think you're too emotionally invested considering you're Googling people and going through post histories. That may be a symptom of autism.

And actually, the fact that I'm on this forum shows that I'm a loser because I'm prone to balding. I'm open to learning though so I spend a decent amount of time doing research into the mechanisms of hair loss, instead of sitting depressed and desperate waiting for someone else to find a cure. I'm open to scientific discussion, but you were the one that started hurling personal attacks when I called out your statement. The irony of your last sentence when you started acting like a butthurt little kid with your autism insult.

Like I said before, I came here for scientific discussion and I'm open for debates. Something tells me you aren't very well researched at all though which is why you stoop to personal attacks.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol @ bringing up intimidation when all I did was list my athletic background, then saying I'm overcompensating just because I did those things. The irony in your statement when you call me insecure. I'm just letting you know calling someone autistic as an insult is usually what people do when they think they are superior in some way, either physically or mentally. Similar when kids call the smarter kids nerds. Your fragile ego got hurt when I called you out on your statement.

Also, baldcel is a term I got from the bodybuilding forums a few years ago. I think you're too emotionally invested considering you're Googling people and going through post histories. That may be a symptom of autism.

And actually, the fact that I'm on this forum shows that I'm a loser because I'm prone to balding. I'm open to learning though so I spend a decent amount of time doing research into the mechanisms of hair loss, instead of sitting depressed and desperate waiting for someone else to find a cure. I'm open to scientific discussion, but you were the one that started hurling personal attacks when I called out your statement. The irony of your last sentence when you started acting like a butthurt little kid with your autism insult.

Like I said before, I came here for scientific discussion and I'm open for debates. Something tells me you aren't very well researched at all though which is why you stoop to personal attacks.

sure son sure

and i didnt go through your post history ijust googeled baldcel...and what popped up was this

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baldcel

then i googled incel and found some interesting sites...but no judgement here...incel or not...totally unimportant...

you think someone who posts on hairlossforum is s loser. well its a waste of time probably but we cant be productive 100% the time can we?

but yeah maybe its better for you to use the time to learn something about human behavior and interaction. my recommendation for the start: dale carnegie

i suggest we all use the time now for sth productive. if you feel the need to reply - do it..its fine for me

abcdefg

Reaction score

So can you explain in your opinion what should someone do to regrow and stop male pattern baldness right now? I think there are plenty of people open to ideas but no one really says exactly how to go about it. Then when someone does no one really gets results from it.
Personally the honest answer to male pattern baldness right now is no one knows much of anything. So bottom line use the big 3 because despite the endless theories, you need a physical application of them to fix the problem. We really lack actual drugs or treatments except the big 3.
We could sticky the big 3 at the top of this forum, and just close it. Not a lot of concrete value really comes from the endless theories. Where is the physical product?

Last edited:

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure son sure

and i didnt go through your post history ijust googeled baldcel...and what popped up was this

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baldcel

then i googled incel and found some interesting sites...but no judgement here...incel or not...totally unimportant...

you think someone who posts on hairlossforum is s loser. well its a waste of time probably but we cant be productive 100% the time can we?

but yeah maybe its better for you to use the time to learn something about human behavior and interaction. my recommendation for the start: dale carnegie

i suggest we all use the time now for sth productive. if you feel the need to reply - do it..its fine for me

By loser I meant the short end of the stick, as is the case if you value your hair but are balding. It's a response to you saying I'm desperately trying to portray myself as a winner. Posting on this forum is good if you are here to share and discuss things scientifically like most people here. Hurling insults when you are called out instead of having a civilized debate will only fuel your angst and not help you in any way.

Also baldcel is a joke term, you don't have to take everything literally even though you were the one to call me autistic for taking your original comment on the baldness gene literally. Maybe you should've been able to read in between the lines considering I said my hair loss isn't noticeable to the average person yet? Is not being able to figure that out a sign of autism in your standards? Don't worry about me though, I'm in a stable LTR.

Also you did go through that other guy's post history.

But yes, there is always something to gain from learning more about human behavior and interaction. Whatever helps you get an edge over the average person is beneficial.

So can you explain in your opinion what should someone do to regrow and stop male pattern baldness right now? I think there are plenty of people open to ideas but no one really says exactly how to go about it. Then when someone does no one really gets results from it.
Personally the honest answer to male pattern baldness right now is no one knows much of anything. So bottom line use the big 3 because despite the endless theories, you need a physical application of them to fix the problem. We really lack actual drugs or treatments except the big 3.
We could sticky the big 3 at the top of this forum, and just close it. Not a lot of concrete value really comes from the endless theories. Where is the physical product?

I have a pretty radical approach of trying to address all the possible issues that may contribute to AR and inflammation upregulation. This is an indirect portion which includes optimizing gut health, Plant heavy diet, optimizing health parameters such as cholesterol and insulin sensitivity, lowering blood pressure, and also regular cardio. Lastly, a diet rich in inflammation reducing antioxidant from food.

Having an optimally functioning body can control the inflammatory response. While these things might not cure balding by itself, it will increase your longevity and help optimize your scalp environment.

On the direct side is microneedling and scalp massages. The issue is, how many people have the dedication to do 20 minute straight massages? Physical stimulation is important though. It'll decrease inflammation and possibly reverse fibrosis.

On the other end, you can still stack this routine with the big 3, and I'm sure you will see better results doing all of this+big 3 compared to big 3 alone.

Anecdotally, I've said before I've been working out most of my life. I'm naturally prone to heart issues and my blood pressure increases if I don't work out. I've noticed I shed the most when I'm out of shape.

Also PGD2 is part of the inflammation response downstream of AR activation. Address inflammation and modulate your immune system and you'll also address pgd2.

I'd also like to say that it's important not to address things like they are absolute fact. Like you said before, we just don't know enough to make concrete conclusions other than what's already known about biochemical pathways. Regardless, the current treatments just aren't enough so it's natural to experiment to try to find something that works. It's the multifactorial nature of this disease that causes all these treatment theories to come up.

Last edited:

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The scalp on my head is loose as a goose as it can be moved considerably over the skull itself. Or, do you mean the bond between the layers of the scalp itself?

I mean the tissue around the follicles is slightly swollen. This is the only mechanism that explains follicle miniaturisation and all the other changes in the bald scalp, by one initial action. This is what any valid scientific theory has to do.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you still do not answer my question (It is possible that changes in the rheology of sebum can take part in the external resistance to follicle enlargement? ,..., but there is no problem, No news, Good news. C)

Yes, my friend, evolution is the key, but IMHO common hair loss is not the purpose of being evolution. My paper:
Cultural evolution as a possible triggering or causative factor of common baldnessis is very different from the work of Cabanac:" The hypothesis according to which male common baldness has developed in the human species as a compensation for the growth of a beard in order to achieve heat loss has been tested., ..., These results support the hypothesis that male baldness is a thermoregulatory compensation for the growth of a beard in adults
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3203673

we have the most evolved hair in any species, and it is related to temperature control (an recent paper https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/09/29/430454 ). I dont know articles about sebum and temperature but there is a lot of them regarding that hair is only possible with an operative sebaceous gland atached at them.

The thing is Armando, any valid scientific theory has to explain the mechanism of change using the rule of parsimony. (Ockham's razor).

How does your theory explain the reduced growth of all the cell types in balding follicles, and the reverse effect in body follicles? How does it explain the opposite effect in sweating efficiency, and the immunology involved? What is the purpose in evolution of hair follicle size being under the control of sebum?

You just cannot explain the mechanisms of your theory according to the scientific rules.

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score

There's a small genetic overlap in some of the genes associated with increased risk of balding and height, though there isn't enough research to form a conclusion.

The strongest link between high blood pressure and hair loss is the increased circulating IL-6 observed in hypertensive individuals.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3807212/

This study showed decreasing blood pressure resulted in lowered IL-6
https://www.nature.com/articles/1001845

IL-6 is a major inflammatory cytokine in the hair loss cascade. I think it's fairly safe to assume having higher circulating IL-6 can speed up hair loss.

abcdefg

Reaction score
By loser I meant the short end of the stick, as is the case if you value your hair but are balding. It's a response to you saying I'm desperately trying to portray myself as a winner. Posting on this forum is good if you are here to share and discuss things scientifically like most people here. Hurling insults when you are called out instead of having a civilized debate will only fuel your angst and not help you in any way.

Also baldcel is a joke term, you don't have to take everything literally even though you were the one to call me autistic for taking your original comment on the baldness gene literally. Maybe you should've been able to read in between the lines considering I said my hair loss isn't noticeable to the average person yet? Is not being able to figure that out a sign of autism in your standards? Don't worry about me though, I'm in a stable LTR.

Also you did go through that other guy's post history.

But yes, there is always something to gain from learning more about human behavior and interaction. Whatever helps you get an edge over the average person is beneficial.

I have a pretty radical approach of trying to address all the possible issues that may contribute to AR and inflammation upregulation. This is an indirect portion which includes optimizing gut health, Plant heavy diet, optimizing health parameters such as cholesterol and insulin sensitivity, lowering blood pressure, and also regular cardio. Lastly, a diet rich in inflammation reducing antioxidant from food.

Having an optimally functioning body can control the inflammatory response. While these things might not cure balding by itself, it will increase your longevity and help optimize your scalp environment.

On the direct side is microneedling and scalp massages. The issue is, how many people have the dedication to do 20 minute straight massages? Physical stimulation is important though. It'll decrease inflammation and possibly reverse fibrosis.

On the other end, you can still stack this routine with the big 3, and I'm sure you will see better results doing all of this+big 3 compared to big 3 alone.

Anecdotally, I've said before I've been working out most of my life. I'm naturally prone to heart issues and my blood pressure increases if I don't work out. I've noticed I shed the most when I'm out of shape.

Also PGD2 is part of the inflammation response downstream of AR activation. Address inflammation and modulate your immune system and you'll also address pgd2.

I'd also like to say that it's important not to address things like they are absolute fact. Like you said before, we just don't know enough to make concrete conclusions other than what's already known about biochemical pathways. Regardless, the current treatments just aren't enough so it's natural to experiment to try to find something that works. It's the multifactorial nature of this disease that causes all these treatment theories to come up.

Fair enough I will buy this. There is no harm in trying to be healthier in other ways that might indirectly help with hair somehow. I just think you need the big 3 on top of anything else, and always keep using the current stack of male pattern baldness treatments that have proof they help hair. Statistics never lie.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you autistic? balding gene is just a phrase you write instead of „various genes, majority probably not even identified yet“

and its 99.9% genetic. the environment factor is almost nonexistant.
You’re quite wrong there. If it’s non existent then how does steroids or thyroid medication speed it up? Stress from situations?