Biojapan 2018 Shiseido Long John Silver

Vulfpeck

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, I am starting to think a legit easy fix to balding wont happen for another generation.

I think this is overly pessimistic. But the lesson from this experience is that the conversion from clinical trial to analysis of results to decisions over commercialization to actual commercialization takes way longer than what, a year?

Tsuji in 2020 is pretty unrealistic. Hold onto your butts until 2022/3.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon @worm Crispr can't regrow hair tho, we need cell replacement. It's been shown over and over dermal papillas from baldies die under dht.

I hope this will never get released so that future generations have to bald like me.
Kek
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSgF053cyyod5MUpf38UmG3F2-W1k5ArXIjlfAYeSQKlbYBilgm.jpg

Reaction score
You have to use the tools we have available now. Hair transplants, finasteride,minoxidil and toppik. That should be able to hold you over for awhile or give you a partial cure. Stop waiting for the icing on the cake to do something. Their were countless generations of people who could do nothing/zero about balding. We are lucky to have those. If you have sides just lower the does of any of those til you dont they will still give you an effect. Hopefully our kids by the time their early 20s and start to potentially thin we will have this solved more.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
After reading a bit about hair loss research, I'm starting to think that we probably have to give up hopes at least for some time. Medicine did make some huge strives in the past 120 or so years, but when it comes to genetic diseases and disorders, there's been a stalemate for decades. The complexity (both at general and, even more, at individual level) is such that a single-discovery breakthrough that solves the problem for everyone is difficult at this stage. We are at the stage where scientists are making small progresses on some fronts, starting to unveil here and there a bigger picture that remains largely mysterious. Pretty much as it is happening with cancer.

That’s sadly true.... we have been having a stalemate with researching cures for cancer. And just imagine the kind of money being pumped into that!!

It won’t be surprising if there’s nothing within our lifetimes. Then again, all this is just f*****g speculation.

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bros what do you think about that hairsig product made of msc exosomes with growth factor medium I posted? I posted it in own thread bros cause looked interesting.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Bros what do you think about that hairsig product made of msc exosomes with growth factor medium I posted? I posted it in own thread bros cause looked interesting.
SO lets start:
RCH-01 was always about stopping the hair loss not much about regrowth. However it is a bit disappointing that the total hair count increase is around 5%.
Our only hope for "cure" is Tsuji. I hope it will be available to more than just 10k patients in 2021. If not all other alternatives for growing massive amount of hair are still in preclinical, lab or funding stages, like Tisuse, Terkish, Poeitis.
Those topical like Rivertown, Samumed, Follicum and so on have shown meager results...
Not sure about the PTD-DBM.

@Long John Silver
I've checked the site. You are talking about exosome, right?
The page is lacking in real figures, pictures and of course some kind of trial data. Those two graphs for example are comparison of exosome with minoxidil 5% and placebo. And true enough according to their graph exosome is better than minoxidil. But on the other hand minoxidil 5% has the same hair count as placebo group???
Unless they have some spectacular pictures I remain sceptical.

Also all of the future Congresses and conferences are not gonna tell us trial results of this companies beforehand...
Because if some researcher leaks their data preemptively it could be detrimental to the stocks of the company. From now on we are going to have to wait for official news and proclamations.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
come on people.
It is getting obvious.
@Long John Silver is the master troll.

Bros it is what it is. I wish I had the cure bros! I haven't sugar coated anything and it is a balanced update about the expo and what went on.

Yeah bros shiseido said 5% and presented that graph. I was listening to a simultaneous English interpretation so it is accurate.

So he took pictures from the slides and missed the only interesting slide. (strange coincidence)
The picture which had graphs in it was the only one in bad quality. (another coincidence... this picture was according to a japanese about the amount of people that are afraight of going bald)
That the optimisation study is worse than the safety study is very unlikely.
Fidia was there for something else than Brotzu. The people from fidia who were there probably don t have any more infos on brotzu than we do (that is the way it goes in companies so i m calling bullshit on that one too)(and it seems he did not do his homework when he was making this stry up since it is pretty much confirmed that the lotion will be available starting from dezember)

I mean no offence i think this whole thing @Long John Silver pulled up was hillarious.
But i thought i need to remember some people that not everyone on the internet is your bro :))

I do not doubt he was there but i really doubt he is honest about what was going on there.

inmyhead

Reaction score
come on people.
It is getting obvious.

So he took pictures from the slides and missed the only interesting slide. (strange coincidence)
The picture which had graphs in it was the only one in bad quality. (another coincidence... this picture was according to a japanese about the amount of people that are afraight of going bald)
Fidia was there for something else than Brotzu. The people from fidia who were there probably don t have any more infos on brotzu than we do (that is the way it goes in companies so i m calling bullshit on that one too)(and it seems he did not do his homework when he was making this stry up since it is pretty much confirmed that the lotion will be available starting from dezember)

I mean no offence i think this whole thing @Long John Silver pulled up was hillarious.
But i thought i need to remember some people that not everyone on the internet is your bro :))

I do not doubt he was there but i really doubt he is honest about what was going on there.

I agree with you, looked like troll to me from the start too.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And in addition to that one question:
Why should Shiseido speak about 5% density increase in 6 months when the results of the hospital are not analyzed already?! That makes absolutely no sense

This is a very valid point.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but the hair transplant provides 100% coverage and a return to NW1 density and beyond. Compare that to 10% regrowth, which is... well, nothing in comparison.

I believe what i see...you should be careful of what remains in hands of a surgeon in the end...i hope they will be well trained for those new procedures

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
come on people.
It is getting obvious.

Yeah, honestly it is very weird to book a flight and go to a conference in two days. He seemed to me like a troll from moment one

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe what i see...you should be careful of what remains in hands of a surgeon in the end...i hope they will be well trained for those new procedures

Even if the surgeon botched it, we're talking about 20 000 hair follicles being transplanted into your scalp incorrectly compared to a bald head gaining 10% growth. Worst case scenario, you'll shave your fucked up hair down to a buzzcut and you'll look OK. The bald head gaining 10% growth, however, is still pretty much a bald head.

Reactions: H

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I keep saying, unless there is an official announcement, take everything with a grain of salt.

There are some major discrepensies in Long John’s story.

He supposedly left for Toyko on October 10th. Let’s assume he got the time off work that day on short notice and managed to book a flight. He would have been leaving anywhere from 4-5pm PST. The local time in Tokyo would have been 7-8am Oct 11th. The average flight time from the west coast of North America to Tokyo is 10-12 hours. He would have not arrived at the airport in Tokyo until around 5-6pm local time October 11th.

Meaning that in this scenario he would likely not have made the presentation

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I keep saying, unless there is an official announcement, take everything with a grain of salt.

There are some major discrepensies in Long John’s story.

He supposedly left for Toyko on October 10th. Let’s assume he got the time off work that day on short notice and managed to book a flight. He would have been leaving anywhere from 4-5pm PST. The local time in Tokyo would have been 7-8am Oct 11th. The average flight time from the west coast of North America to Tokyo is 10-12 hours. He would have not arrived at the airport in Tokyo until around 5-6pm local time October 11th.

Meaning that in this scenario he would likely not have made the presentation

Columbos cracked it