Biojapan 2018 Shiseido Long John Silver

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Long John Silver

Check this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ical-hair-society-academic-conference.117832/

Shiseido's presentation title, and its pretty explicit:

"Toward realization of treatment of alopecia by cell therapy using autologous DSC cells"

By Jiro Kishimoto - Director, Regenerative Medicine Development Division Shiseido GIC Incubation Center

The moderator will be Ryoji Tsuboi, the principal investigator of the study and Professor at the Department of Dermatology, Tokyo Medical University

The date: Saturday 11-24

This is the link to the summary:

http://jschr2018.umin.jp/program.html

START THE HYPE TRAIN AGAIN BOYOS!

On a bright side, the guy presenting at BioJapan is more like a businessman, not a scientist, so I may argue that he has no idea what is going on with the trial
On a dark side, since the guy is the director, he knows everything regarding business aspect and hence, when he says 2 years to commercialize, yeah, f***, he really means that.

KevinMcElwee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a bright side, the guy presenting at BioJapan is more like a businessman, not a scientist, so I may argue that he has no idea what is going on with the trial
On a dark side, since the guy is the director, he knows everything regarding business aspect and hence, when he says 2 years to commercialize, yeah, f***, he really means that.

Did he said 2 years until commercialization????????? f*** Masashi Ogo has signed the contract between Replicel and Shiseidō :(((((( they are so f*****g stupid. In the YouTube video with kishimoto they said they want to commercialize in 2018. everything is sh*t I lost my hope f*****g genetic defects

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did he said 2 years until commercialization????????? f*** Masashi Ogo has signed the contract between Replicel and Shiseidō :(((((( they are so f*****g stupid. In the YouTube video with kishimoto they said they want to commercialize in 2018. everything is sh*t I lost my hope f*****g genetic defects

Read the long post by @Long John Silver, maybe I understand wrongly.

Off the record, for rch it got a bit interesting bros in a weird way. They are not expecting the results very soon. Studies and its analysis will take time and when I kept pushing it seemed like the response might not have been that good? I don't know. Kept pushing what about some release date or something bro and got a 2yr maybe. I got the vibe that it might be somewhat strained and maybe not as effective or they losing interest or its not working out or costing too much? I don't know just seemed weird.

Btw, what is the video are you referring to ? Can post again ?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After reading a bit about hair loss research, I'm starting to think that we probably have to give up hopes at least for some time. Medicine did make some huge strives in the past 120 or so years, but when it comes to genetic diseases and disorders, there's been a stalemate for decades. The complexity (both at general and, even more, at individual level) is such that a single-discovery breakthrough that solves the problem for everyone is difficult at this stage. We are at the stage where scientists are making small progresses on some fronts, starting to unveil here and there a bigger picture that remains largely mysterious. Pretty much as it is happening with cancer.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Long John Silver

Check this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ical-hair-society-academic-conference.117832/

Shiseido's presentation title, and its pretty explicit:

"Toward realization of treatment of alopecia by cell therapy using autologous DSC cells"

By Jiro Kishimoto - Director, Regenerative Medicine Development Division Shiseido GIC Incubation Center

The moderator will be Ryoji Tsuboi, the principal investigator of the study and Professor at the Department of Dermatology, Tokyo Medical University

The date: Saturday 11-24

This is the link to the summary:

http://jschr2018.umin.jp/program.html

START THE HYPE TRAIN AGAIN BOYOS!

You know, I am starting to think a legit easy fix to balding wont happen for another generation.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My biggest hope at this point is that transplant become more affordable with time - as they become more popular, more surgeons are able to practise and prices may decrease a bit. Or maybe one day they will create a robot that can perform the surgery affordably, maybe safely. Everything else seems doomed to fail at the moment

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your effort @Long John Silver.

So, Biojapan was more a bussiness meeting than a scientific event.

Lets hope we have some new data in november, when they present at a specific hair research conference.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we're talking about a legit cure then yeah, we'll probably have to wait for gene editing aka crispr.

But a good sideless maintenance treatment is very possible in the coming years. Such as replicel.

And for people with higher norwoods, get a transplant.

Hopefully by the time Crispr is having its big impact, they'll be able to reverse age us to our 20's so we can live our youth again as full hairs! ;)

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, with the evidence provided within the last 48 hours, here are some logical assumptions we can make:

- Shiseido may announce the Phase 2 results in the coming weeks.
- Shiseido may also announce the Phase 2 results next year.

All other assumptions (eg. Shiseido and Replicel are not on good terms, RCH-01 isn’t working, etc.) are based on emotions with little to no evidence to back them. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes of this operation, and getting emotional by attempting to guess is useless.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, with the evidence provided within the last 48 hours, here are some logical assumptions we can make:

- Shiseido may announce the Phase 2 results in the coming weeks.
- Shiseido may also announce the Phase 2 results next year.

All other assumptions (eg. Shiseido and Replicel are not on good terms, RCH-01 isn’t working, etc.) are based on emotions with little to no evidence to back them. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes of this operation, and getting emotional by attempting to guess is useless.

I think that when the phase 2 is announced, if they do, the date of commercialization will also be announced.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When Shiseido says commercialization in 2 years, you have to remember they still need to do phase 3 studies, however the laws in japan allow them to treat patients alongside the studies, or something to that effect IIRC.

This little event also seems nothing more than for salespeople to attempt to raise funding and do some networking.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it did what was expected, protected follicles against DHT. Sideless maintenance would be great if I had hair left in 2 years...

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it did what was expected, protected follicles against DHT. Sideless maintenance would be great if I had hair left in 2 years...

Above all, is miniaturized hair recovered like normal, healthy hair?
if we put together miniaturized hair recovery + keep it at least 2 years. It would be the jackpot. Without naming the regeneration of 5% of new hair.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Above all, is miniaturized hair recovered like normal, healthy hair?
if we put together miniaturized hair recovery + keep it at least 2 years. It would be the jackpot. Without naming the regeneration of 5% of new hair.
Doubt it. The 5% regrowth was probably some hairs in anagen that popped out.

Still, it's a vaccine against baldness. Remarkable. Pair it with min and dermarolling and follica or whatever is out later on and balding guys will be in good shape, it's just not a silver bullet.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubt it. The 5% regrowth was probably some hairs in anagen that popped out.

Still, it's a vaccine against baldness. Remarkable. Pair it with min and dermarolling and follica or whatever is out later on and balding guys will be in good shape, it's just not a silver bullet.

if the miniaturized hair is not recovered with this ... it would be very bad on the one hand, since in less advanced alopecias it is where aesthetically best result would give