"best Receding Hairline Hairstyles For Men"

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that shouldn't be a disqualifying factor but that's how it's viewed at times. Image makes a difference. Like a bald hair transplant surgeon, a dentist with bad teeth, a skinny guy advising about weights, unattractive guy on dating tips e.t.c. It's good to judge the content of what one says and keep an open mind as you will learn more. Maybe the bald hair Doctor doesn't want to get hair or didn't have finasteride access but is excellent at his job. The dentist could clean others but not himself or has a systemic illness that promotes caries and calcification.

I know some people who look very young, attractive but smoke, drink and abuse the sun a fair bit. 'What's the secret' some ask, yet it's just genetics and they do/know nothing. On the other hand there are ultra ocd type people that are uglier, aged, balder and their helpful knowledge is overlooked due to prior assumptions.

I digress but in a nutshell, I think he gives good tips about skin if he's talking about vit c and collagen. He's just been dealt a bad hand.

@InvaderZim we should get him on this forum for his benefit, he still has a chance to save his hair which he wants. Maybe he'll live In the alternative section initially before a gradual transition! He was manipulated by the wrong crowd for sure.
That's honestly worth a try.

It's gonna be difficult, though. Based on his denial, fears, paranoia and lack of knowledge regarding FDA approved medications, he classifies those as "evil chemicals." He's so delusional, he even thinks that saw palmetto is superior to finasteride in terms of effectiveness. Also he's not just a vegan, but more of a veganist. He's completely obsessed with his overall health, not only his skin and hair.

How can we reach to a guy like that? We really do need a proper approach.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's gonna be difficult, though. Based on his denial, fears, paranoia and lack of knowledge regarding FDA approved medications, he classifies those as "evil chemicals." He's so delusional, he even thinks that saw palmetto is superior to finasteride in terms of effectiveness. Also he's not just a vegan, but more of a veganist. He's completely obsessed with his overall health, not only his skin and hair.

There was a member here years ago that really hated finasteride. He didn't even try it or understand that it's safe and temporary sides are rare. He stuck with Saw Palmetto and other pieces of crap as well as trying experimentals. He was told to at least use an approved treatment as a safety net but protested. Criticised FDA and society in general constantly. Result: carried on balding and left with bugger all in his head, rage disappeared eventually. There's a positive correlation between those who make the most unwanted noise on here and are struggling in life in various ways.

It would be hard to reach this guy but not impossible if we present him the facts and studies. If he actually is delusional (false fixed belief despite evidence to contrary and not in keeping with culture/religion) there is no hope. I think we should try to message him in a friendly manner where he can't deny the obvious. Before and after pictures of finasteride from our success story section and the 10 year finasteride study would be a start. I remember once on the news there was a person in America who didn't treat their or their child's type 1 diabetes which is insulin dependent, something to do with religion and naturalness. If he's one of those, no hope.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a member here years ago that really hated finasteride. He didn't even try it or understand that it's safe and temporary sides are rare. He stuck with Saw Palmetto and other pieces of crap as well as trying experimentals. He was told to at least use an approved treatment as a safety net but protested. Criticised FDA and society in general constantly. Result: carried on balding and left with bugger all in his head, rage disappeared eventually. There's a positive correlation between those who make the most unwanted noise on here and are struggling in life in various ways.

It would be hard to reach this guy but not impossible if we present him the facts and studies. If he actually is delusional (false fixed belief despite evidence to contrary and not in keeping with culture/religion) there is no hope. I think we should try to message him in a friendly manner where he can't deny the obvious. Before and after pictures of finasteride from our success story section and the 10 year finasteride study would be a start. I remember once on the news there was a person in America who didn't treat their or their child's type 1 diabetes which is insulin dependent, something to do with religion and naturalness. If he's one of those, no hope.

Yeah, those kind of people who believe vaccines cause autism or there's some conspiracy to drug the general population,or all naturals are the best...those can be imposible to reach. That all being said, I do think there should be more real scientific research into so-called "natural" methods. Generally speaking, staying on most medications, especially more significant ones, usually leads to long-term decay. I suppose the silver lining out of the guys you've mentioned are that they're voluntarily experimenting with natural sh*t to see if any of it works. Who knows, maybe one day someone'll find something that works. Doubtful,but still.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Your better off risk risking finasteride though than wasting time and money on the endless snake oils that are everywhere for male pattern baldness. In another 5 years even with just another 1 or 2 new treatments it might be possible to permanently stop male pattern baldness or slow it to a point where it stops progressing for decades. Especially when your stacking 3 or 4 things together. Right now I think propecia is slightly not strong enough to prevent male pattern baldness forever so most men when they get older resume male pattern baldness still because the sensitivity is there, and you have 30 percent of your DHT still there. Propecia is not perfect at what it tries to do.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

We should definitely get him on this forum. Hopefully convert him to sanity rather than insanity lol. A Vegan diet is good for hair, but without treatments he's going NW7 fast.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You know what's so interesting about adkpinecone? I did some observations regarding his ideology. Yeah, I don't have a girlfriend, or a life to be honest... This is what I do in my spare time.

In his later videos, when his hair loss became really noticeable, he claimed that going bald is a "natural process" and we have to accept it, but obviously he makes such a statement, because his natural treatments didn't work. But you know what the most interesting part is? I analyzed quite a few of his "religion videos" and came to the conclusion that he's strictly religious. In one of his religion videos he made it clear, also in the comment section, that God can cure anything, even male pattern baldness, and he believes that the bald(ing) believers will get a full head of hair in afterlife. Not to mention, he's striving for it for the sake of his christian beliefs.

Even though he claims that hair loss must be accepted and that he eventually will accept it himself, deep down inside he really wants a cure, and his own religion ironically exposed that. He's just not self aware and he makes his philosophy and ideology too complex by questioning too much, instead of making it look ethical.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what's so interesting about adkpinecone? I did some observations regarding his ideology. Yeah, I don't have a girlfriend, or a life to be honest... This is what I do in my spare time.

In his later videos, when his hair loss became really noticeable, he claimed that going bald is a "natural process" and we have to accept it, but obviously he makes such a statement, because his natural treatments didn't work. But you know what the most interesting part is? I analyzed quite a few of his "religion videos" and came to the conclusion that he's strictly religious. In one of his religion videos he made it clear, also in the comment section, that God can cure anything, even male pattern baldness, and he believes that the bald(ing) believers will get a full head of hair in afterlife. Not to mention, he's striving for it for the sake of his christian beliefs.

Even though he claims that hair loss must be accepted and that he eventually will accept it himself, deep down inside he really wants a cure, and his own religion ironically exposed that. He's just not self aware and he makes his philosophy and ideology too complex by questioning too much, instead of making it look ethical.

What the f***? LMAO

Yeah, he seems like he's in perpetual denial.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean real Norwood 1/2 - in the correct hairline location and no diffuse thinning which is a disqualifying factor for the Norwood scale.

Do you mean by this that if one has diffuse thinning then the etiology of their hair loss is not the typical factors involved in male pattern baldness? What if, like myself, one has diffusion plus temporal recession/vertex thinning in the tradtional male pattern baldness pattern? (I also have retrograde alopecia, so my sides and nape are thin as well, but that's another matter). Or did you just mean "disqualifying" in the sense that the Norwood scale itself doesn't account for diffusion?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean by this that if one has diffuse thinning then the etiology of their hair loss is not the typical factors involved in male pattern baldness? What if, like myself, one has diffusion plus temporal recession/vertex thinning in the tradtional male pattern baldness pattern? (I also have retrograde alopecia, so my sides and nape are thin as well, but that's another matter). Or did you just mean "disqualifying" in the sense that the Norwood scale itself doesn't account for diffusion?

Diffuse thinning isn't accounted for in the Norwood scale. You could have a NW1 hairline but experience thinning all over.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning isn't accounted for in the Norwood scale. You could have a NW1 hairline but experience thinning all over.

Yup, I know that. I was just curious if that's what WolfPack meant, or if he intended something else. Because the phrasing ("disqualifying") was ambiguous.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, I know that. I was just curious if that's what WolfPack meant, or if he intended something else. Because the phrasing ("disqualifying") was ambiguous.

I believe he meant that. I think he meant disqualifying in the sense that one shouldn't use the Norwood scale to gauge diffuse thinning since it doesn't fall under traditional male pattern baldness.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that shouldn't be a disqualifying factor but that's how it's viewed at times. Image makes a difference. Like a bald hair transplant surgeon, a dentist with bad teeth, a skinny guy advising about weights, unattractive guy on dating tips e.t.c. It's good to judge the content of what one says and keep an open mind as you will learn more. Maybe the bald hair Doctor doesn't want to get hair or didn't have finasteride access but is excellent at his job. The dentist could clean others but not himself or has a systemic illness that promotes caries and calcification.

I know some people who look very young, attractive but smoke, drink and abuse the sun a fair bit. 'What's the secret' some ask, yet it's just genetics and they do/know nothing. On the other hand there are ultra ocd type people that are uglier, aged, balder and their helpful knowledge is overlooked due to prior assumptions.

I digress but in a nutshell, I think he gives good tips about skin if he's talking about vit c and collagen. He's just been dealt a bad hand.

@InvaderZim we should get him on this forum for his benefit, he still has a chance to save his hair which he wants. Maybe he'll live In the alternative section initially before a gradual transition! He was manipulated by the wrong crowd for sure.

Agreed. It's just that if someone's giving advice on skin health, or anything else for that matter, but they don't look like they follow their advice, then one can question how much that individual actually follows their own advice. Obviously the only real way to test its credibility is a before and after of the specific individual. He hasn't shown an update in his hair in the past year. Seems to confirm to me he's probably a Norwood 6 or 7. Clearly in denial. His advice on Vit C and Collagen for skin is sound, though. I personally take 10g of collagen and a shitload of Vitamin C every day. I also avoid the sun like the plague. I also follow a consistent skincare routine. I've had mediocre skin since my early teens (though I don't have bad forehead lines, nasolabial folds, or furrrow lines yet that I've seen one some my age), but doing all of that is better than nothing. I do personally think alternative routes need more sound scientific research, though.

As well as finasteride is purported to work and as few side effects there supposedly are, I don't think messing with your DHT levels is a good idea long-term. Perhaps you'll never get sexual side effects and you'll keep your remaining hair forever. Unlikely, but say you do. DHT is critical for several functions in the body. Inhibiting it below normal levels can't be good super long-term. That's the general problem I have with a lot of drugs in the first place. They usually fix one problem, but then cause several others, since drugs rarely ever just affect the specific problem being targeted. And then those problems require other drugs. And soon the number of drugs you need just escalates. And doctors are just happy to prescribe, prescribe, and prescribe. That's not to say there aren't any good drugs at all. Some are the only solution to certain problems that natural approaches simply can't address.

Still, it's much easier to make money off a shitload of prescriptions than it is to advocate a "holistic" approach that would bebetter long-term. No wonder holistic solutions get looked over. Easier to make millions off a single pill. Plenty of holistic and natural solutions are complete crap. For instance, Saw Palmetto does inihbit 5AR, but its effect is so weak that it's worthless. I remember when Rosemary oil was a complete fad. In reality, rosemary oil is just about as good as minoxidil 2%. Minoxidil 2%, however, works like sh*t in men. So, in reality, Rosemary Oil is horseshit for actual hair regrowth. Still, if someone ever does actually find something that's as effective as finasteride without all the effects (an unlikely miracle), I'd probably be more inclined to hop on that if or when I actually need to use a 5AR inhibitor. But, it's been 20 years, and nothing demonstrably as effective has been shown to exist.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey. I just meant disqualifying in the sense that the patient can no longer be characterised by the Norwood scale. As alekgn said too, the Norwood scale is for non diffuse thinners. Once you have diffuse it tends to be classed as DUPA or DPA depending if the sides are affected or not. In your case it would be DUPA. But a lot of people label themselves with this and you realise the back and sides are not thinning nor do they "really" have significant diffuse thinning. DUPA/DPA tends to be more aggressive but the aetiology is the same - it's just that DHT is attacking the whole thing at the same time and the follicles are more sensitive.

I bet the long term beneficiaries of finasteride (15 years plus) will the ones that are not diffuse thinning all at once. As Norwood scale guys require the cumulative effect of DHT to miniaturise the follicle in stages over decades and finasteride will slow this down or reverse it significantly. They tend to be destined for lower NWs too. Only 2-3% maximum of baldies are destined for Norwood 6-7 as Dr Rassman often says. The donor area tends to be better. That's why all hair loss sufferers should get their scalp examined with a scope to determine their final pattern which can give an idea of speed too. Working out the hairs in anagen/telogen in terms of %.

Starting on finasteride when you're diffusing all over may generate a few years maintenance but hard to hold it or reverse. In most cases it will just stay like that with maintenance of thin hair which slightly gets worse. We see some diffuse guys fully reverse it but it's rare and they get the attention because of it.

I didn't know he was one of those! Well then he's like that person I mentioned that appeared on the news regarding not treating glycaemia. I doubt we would make a difference in order to change him especially as he's a fully fledged adult now. Lol we all get intrigued by someone on youtube now and then and analyse wth is going on no worries. One of the worst aspects of the net is separating the bad advice from the good.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. I just meant disqualifying in the sense that the patient can no longer be characterised by the Norwood scale. As alekgn said too, the Norwood scale is for non diffuse thinners. Once you have diffuse it tends to be classed as DUPA or DPA depending if the sides are affected or not. In your case it would be DUPA. But a lot of people label themselves with this and you realise the back and sides are not thinning nor do they "really" have significant diffuse thinning. DUPA/DPA tends to be more aggressive but the aetiology is the same - it's just that DHT is attacking the whole thing at the same time and the follicles are more sensitive.

I bet the long term beneficiaries of finasteride (15 years plus) will the ones that are not diffuse thinning all at once. As Norwood scale guys require the cumulative effect of DHT to miniaturise the follicle in stages over decades and finasteride will slow this down or reverse it significantly. They tend to be destined for lower NWs too. Only 2-3% maximum of baldies are destined for Norwood 6-7 as Dr Rassman often says. The donor area tends to be better. That's why all hair loss sufferers should get their scalp examined with a scope to determine their final pattern which can give an idea of speed too. Working out the hairs in anagen/telogen in terms of %.

Starting on finasteride when you're diffusing all over may generate a few years maintenance but hard to hold it or reverse. In most cases it will just stay like that with maintenance of thin hair which slightly gets worse. We see some diffuse guys fully reverse it but it's rare and they get the attention because of it.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the info!

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't mock this YouTuber, adkpinecone, and I don't have a grudge against him. You know why? Because I was in the same situation like him... I thought "natural treatments" were the ultimate cure and FDA approved medications were evil and part of the illuminati. I'm so glad I went on dutasteride 0.5 mg ED with a thick NW2-2.5. If I was still in denial, then I probably would become a hat prisoner, just like this guy.

I just pity him... He believes that "chemicals" don't work and he sells snake oil to desperate people without knowledge, but I still pity him, because the old me could relate pretty well.

Sorry, but this video is the definition of denial...

Look at his hair now (June 2020). He's essentially a Norwood 7 now. All that natural stuff that he's been taking and which he advertises on his channel has done nothing for his own hair. He chose not to take finasteride, and now he has lost his hair. Hopefully this will be a lesson for other guys not to make the same mistake of foregoing using proven medical male pattern baldness treatments.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about BaldCafe, another YouTuber with the 'Just shave it, don't even think about pills or minoxidil'

I don't like those YouTubers. I think Kevin Mann is a good YouTuber regarding hair.

And the YouTuber in OP says he is almost 34. He doesn't look older than that tbh. One thing going for him :p

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus he lost it fast.

That would've been me if I didn't pop finasteride, thank god I did.

LOL what... Dude lost that in a period of ten years or am I incorrect? 10 years isn't 'fast.' It's average if you start to lose it in late teens/early 20s.

I would have lost it in 5 years at most, now that's fast.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score

A comment from the vid:

Bizzbarber barry t
hey brother I feel your pain from that video. as a barber since 1979 I have seen loads of guys lose all there hair before 30 and I must be honest and give you the truth it was devastating for them and sadly two young men took there lives from depression over it which is so so sad. from what I have seen and the men who I still know they tell me it still hurts them to this day and they feel they have been robbed of there ability to attract women now and for many years previous and they say they are a shadow of there former selves and baldness is a death sentence for dating. . I must note that most comments come from men giving there support to those guys otta there struggling with going bald and they get my support but people who have full heads of hair at 60+ do not realise they have dodged a life bullet that bald guys honestly wish they had missed too and to say most men accept it is a lie they put up with it but some better than others . most sites for balding men miss one input and that is from women and do they prefer bald or full heads of hair and from my own exp most women find full head of hair better than bald . sorry to be so blunt but the truth hurts and if cannot understand why the medical profession has not found an effective anti baldness drug yet otherwise I would say 99% of men would buy the drug to keep this menace away from the male life

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about BaldCafe, another YouTuber with the 'Just shave it, don't even think about pills or minoxidil'

I don't like those YouTubers. I think Kevin Mann is a good YouTuber regarding hair.

And the YouTuber in OP says he is almost 34. He doesn't look older than that tbh. One thing going for him :p
The "just shave it bro" option only sort of works if you look like Bruce Willis or Jason Statham. And even if you are one of the few guys who can pull it off, you still won't look as good as you would have with hair. That BaldCafe guy is doing a lot of harm by encouraging this option to all hair loss sufferers. There may well be guys out there who have taken his advice to shave it all off, but who would have otherwise used finasteride and kept their hair if they had never watched his videos. I'm glad I didn't listen to people like him when I started balding. I know I would not have looked good with the bald shaved look. Dutasteride has been a life-saver for me.

I agree that Kevin Mann gives great advice on hair loss. He speaks the truth, although I find him a bit arrogant.

You're right that AdkPinecone has a young looking face, but unfortunately his hair loss completely ruins his appearance. The poor guy is now essentially a Nw7, but it was his own choice not to use finasteride. And now he is living with the consequences of making that choice.