"best Receding Hairline Hairstyles For Men"

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
The "just shave it bro" option only sort of works if you look like Bruce Willis or Jason Statham. And even if you are one of the few guys who can pull it off, you still won't look as good as you would have with hair. That BaldCafe guy is doing a lot of harm by encouraging this option to all hair loss sufferers. There may well be guys out there who have taken his advice to shave it all off, but who would have otherwise used finasteride if they had never watched his videos. I'm glad I didn't listen to people like him when I started balding. I know I would not have looked good with the bald shaved look. Dutasteride has been a life-saver for me.

I agree that Kevin Mann gives great advice on hair loss. He speaks the truth, although I find him a bit arrogant.

You're right that AdkPinecone has a young looking face. But unfortunately his hair loss completely ruins his aesthetics. The poor guy is now essentially a Nw7, but it was his own choice not to use finasteride. And now he is living with the consequences of making that choice.

Yeah I agree. The comment in the YT clip of an old dude who was/is a barber that I posted above is really an eye-opener.

What do you mean with Kevin Mann being/seeming arrogant?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean with Kevin Mann being/seeming arrogant?
He used to have an account on HairLossHelp before that site went down, and I thought he would come off as arrogant on there, as well as in some of his older Youtube videos. But he hasn't seemed like that in his recent Youtube videos, so maybe I'm wrong. He certainly gives good advice regarding hair loss.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
The "just shave it bro" option only sort of works if you look like Bruce Willis or Jason Statham. And even if you are one of the few guys who can pull it off, you still won't look as good as you would have with hair. That BaldCafe guy is doing a lot of harm by encouraging this option to all hair loss sufferers. There may well be guys out there who have taken his advice to shave it all off, but who would have otherwise used finasteride and kept their hair if they had never watched his videos. I'm glad I didn't listen to people like him when I started balding. I know I would not have looked good with the bald shaved look. Dutasteride has been a life-saver for me.

I agree that Kevin Mann gives great advice on hair loss. He speaks the truth, although I find him a bit arrogant.

You're right that AdkPinecone has a young looking face, but unfortunately his hair loss completely ruins his appearance. The poor guy is now essentially a Nw7, but it was his own choice not to use finasteride. And now he is living with the consequences of making that choice.

You hate to see a brother go down when it could have been avoided.

hxdCpt2.gif

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You hate to see a brother go down when it could have been avoided.

View attachment 143641
Yes indeed. Especially when the guy is in such a state of denial as this guy is. If you go down the natural route to treat hair loss, you are fighting a very steep uphill battle that your chances of winning are extremely slim. Natural stuff just isn't strong enough to treat this genetic condition. Normally, a genetic condition will require medical drugs to treat it, not herbs and supplements. Male pattern baldness is an example of this.

Having said all this, if a guy gives finasteride a fair try but finds he simply can't tolerate it and then moves to alternative treatments, then he has tried his best and is just unlucky enough not to be able to tolerate finasteride. But if a guy doesn't even give finasteride a try in the first place, I just find that sad. What if finasteride would have worked for the guy without causing side-effects. I'm very thankful that I found this forum when I started balding, and that I listened to the wise words of the forum members telling me that I MUST use finasteride/dutasteride if I want to give myself a reasonable chance of successfully treating my hair loss. All my known male relatives/ancestors on both sides of the family are/were severely balding or bald by the age I am now, but thankfully in my case, I have a thick Norwood 2 at age 33, thanks to using dutasteride continuously for the last six years.