Being single has its advantages, so stop bitching

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gyms are full of peacocks, home training is the way to go. You'll save a lot of money by not having to replace the mirrors in there as well.......
home training can never replace gym. Unless you literally have full gym in your home. The progress and results is just incomparable.
I fuking hate what this damn covid year made of me...

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair guys won't get it because this forum is full of guys who are in good shape, take care of their skin, successful and worldly, socially calibrated but have nowhere near the results of him. And the difference in the results can be explained entirely by the difference in norwood level. What other explanation is there anyway?

You've had success recently. So I am not sure what you are complaining about, did you follow up with the girl from the dating app, after the successful first date?

Look - I am not going to downplay that it is harder with hairloss.

But being out of shape and bald is not going to increase the odds in your favour.

It actually is just as hard as when you are out of shape with hair. When I was 70kg, looking like a bean pole, I used to go onto dates and would rarely get compliments or women physically into me, I was like that nice, indian, geeky guy to them. The typical IT guy...I had lots of first dates that went nowhere, now I get second dates or sleep with them on the first.

Ever since I have been working out, and now 81kg, women are a lot more into me, they check me out at the gym, and will compliment my body by making comments like I have nice arms etc. I've had women say, one of the reasons why they are dating me is because they like my body - also make women feel insecure about theirs. I generally get told I look very masculine now, which women dig.

You have to make the best with what you have got, and find people like the girl you went on the date with.

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
home training can never replace gym. Unless you literally have full gym in your home. The progress and results is just incomparable.
I fuking hate what this damn covid year made of me...

I was working out from home during lockdown, great for conditioning and maintaining what you have, but that's about it.

Butterbean Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I fuking hate what this damn covid year made of me
Volume(and intensity of course) is key for a natural. Bodyweight exercises can be done more often and with less likelihood of injury.

Press ups and Dips for example are much better than bench press for scapula movement and for functionality......

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Volume(and intensity of course) is key for a natural. Bodyweight exercises can be done more often and with less likelihood of injury.

Press ups and Dips for example are much better than bench press for scapula movement and for functionality......

did all that, don’t get me wrong, when I came back to the gym I was lifting heavier but I only saw noticeable differences lifting heavy

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You've had success recently. So I am not sure what you are complaining about, did you follow up with the girl from the dating app, after the successful first date?

Look - I am not going to downplay that it is harder with hairloss.

But being out of shape and bald is not going to increase the odds in your favour.

It actually is just as hard as when you are out of shape with hair. When I was 70kg, looking like a bean pole, I used to go onto dates and would rarely get compliments or women physically into me, I was like that nice, indian, geeky guy to them. The typical IT guy...I had lots of first dates that went nowhere, now I get second dates or sleep with them on the first.

Ever since I have been working out, and now 81kg, women are a lot more into me, they check me out at the gym, and will compliment my body by making comments like I have nice arms etc. I've had women say, one of the reasons why they are dating me is because they like my body - also make women feel insecure about theirs. I generally get told I look very masculine now, which women dig.

You have to make the best with what you have got, and find people like the girl you went on the date with.
It didn't go well. I haven't had a response in over a week. It is always a challenge trying to date for two busy people. The best is one busy and one not busy person. I am feeling like giving up now. The books that I'm reading are really good and it's better to put as much time into these things because life is finite and all. I think every day now of how short life effectively is and how I wasted so many years being miserable. If baldness ruins your life then maybe you should let go of whatever attachment you have that baldness ruins. You need very little to just live; lots of the stuff we have are optional. Why does everybody have to have kids, for example?

It can't possibly be as hard when you are out of shape with hair. You just described it. "I had lots of first dates that went nowhere". That line itself shows it because a bald guy who is out of shape will not get to go on a single date. It's just a world of difference for a bald guy.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
It didn't go well. I haven't had a response in over a week. It is always a challenge trying to date for two busy people. The best is one busy and one not busy person. I am feeling like giving up now. The books that I'm reading are really good and it's better to put as much time into these things because life is finite and all. I think every day now of how short life effectively is and how I wasted so many years being miserable. If baldness ruins your life then maybe you should let go of whatever attachment you have that baldness ruins. You need very little to just live; lots of the stuff we have are optional. Why does everybody have to have kids, for example?

It can't possibly be as hard when you are out of shape with hair. You just described it. "I had lots of first dates that went nowhere". That line itself shows it because a bald guy who is out of shape will not get to go on a single date. It's just a world of difference for a bald guy.

Think you were too slow to set up the second date, thing about dating is when women think you are dragging things along they will start losing interest quickly since they think you are not that interested in them. You need to make the move when the iron is hot.

On the flip side being too needy isn’t good either.

I’ve had that situation happen to me so many times.

Send her a follow up text, it’s been a week and you have nothing to lose.

The last girl I was seeing, I texted her after a week, resparked the convo, ended up meeting up and sleeping with her.

ask this girl what she has been up to and if she is planning to watch the England game on Sunday, then ask her out after a few exchanges

Quantity doesn’t matter if it doesn’t go anywhere, if anything it becomes frustrating after a while and started to really badly affect my self esteem when there were consecutive rejections

Butterbean Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
did all that, don’t get me wrong, when I came back to the gym I was lifting heavier but I only saw noticeable differences lifting heavy
Progressive overload is essential for strength/hypertrophy.

Bodyparts should be trained more than once a week for optimal growth.

Personally, I train for athletic performance, so any muscle accrued is in spite of my training not because of it.

As a lifetime natural one can only so big anyway......

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Think you were too slow to set up the second date, thing about dating is when women think you are dragging things along they will start losing interest quickly since they think you are not that interested in them. You need to make the move when the iron is hot.

On the flip side being too needy isn’t good either.

I’ve had that situation happen to me so many times.

Send her a follow up text, it’s been a week and you have nothing to lose.

The last girl I was seeing, I texted her after a week, resparked the convo, ended up meeting up and sleeping with her.

ask this girl what she has been up to and if she is planning to watch the England game on Sunday, then ask her out after a few exchanges

Quantity doesn’t matter if it doesn’t go anywhere, if anything it becomes frustrating after a while and started to really badly affect my self esteem when there were consecutive rejections
Thanks and I will. I'm not expecting it to go well and maybe part of me likes it to stay this way. But I know all this stuff. I've done 'courses' on texting and have been at this maybe more years than you. The conclusion that I have come to is that everything works when you are not bald, and nothing works when you are bald. It's a little unfortunate that this great sport kind of came between the dates. All you can do is ask by text. You can rarely mess things up by texting. The picture of you is established from the impression that you made in person. All of these techniques being taught to guys on 'how to text', 'how to approach', 'how to raise the tension' is all complete nonsense in my opinion. It's just communication. And the only technique that you need is "don't be bald". Or the more PC version is "be attractive". The only difference between dates that go well and dates that do not are the attraction, in my opinion. It's a huge scam that this is a learnable skill.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks and I will. I'm not expecting it to go well and maybe part of me likes it to stay this way. But I know all this stuff. I've done 'courses' on texting and have been at this maybe more years than you. The conclusion that I have come to is that everything works when you are not bald, and nothing works when you are bald. It's a little unfortunate that this great sport kind of came between the dates. All you can do is ask by text. You can rarely mess things up by texting. The picture of you is established from the impression that you made in person. All of these techniques being taught to guys on 'how to text', 'how to approach', 'how to raise the tension' is all complete nonsense in my opinion. It's just communication. And the only technique that you need is "don't be bald". Or the more PC version is "be attractive". The only difference between dates that go well and dates that do not are the attraction, in my opinion. It's a huge scam that this is a learnable skill.

You should always have zero expectations and be prepared to walk away if it doesn’t work out

You should not care about the outcome by sending the follow up text, where if you get a positive response that’s a bonus

there is nothing scientific about dating, it’s simple at the core at it, it’s about finding people that accept you for who you are and that you connect with on a mental level. Just like friendship, you don’t get along with every person you meet right?

If you need to change your communication style for somebody , then chances are they are not the right person for you, at the same time it’s not about acting distant and expecting them to remain interested. Common sense and emotional intelligence is key.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

also yes physical attraction has to be there otherwise it’s just a platonic friendship

would you sleep with someone you are not attracted to physically but has a great personality? Probably not, women are the same

stop assuming that nobody finds you attractive, when I’m sure there are women who will like this girl

she was very complimentary on your date

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You should always have zero expectations and be prepared to walk away if it doesn’t work out

You should not care about the outcome by sending the follow up text, where if you get a positive response that’s a bonus

there is nothing scientific about dating, it’s simple at the core at it, it’s about finding people that accept you for who you are and that you connect with on a mental level. Just like friendship, you don’t get along with every person you meet right?

If you need to change your communication style for somebody , then chances are they are not the right person for you, at the same time it’s not about acting distant and expecting them to remain interested. Common sense and emotional intelligence is key.
If I didn't care, I would not send the text. The two minutes spent to send it is a cost and the time could be spent elsewhere.

If a person asks another person out on a date, they are interested in going on a date and it would be disappointing to get a no. If they were indifferent, they wouldn't ask. Even this most basic bit of 'alpha' advice is nonsense in my opinion.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
also yes physical attraction has to be there otherwise it’s just a platonic friendship

would you sleep with someone you are not attracted to physically but has a great personality? Probably not, women are the same

stop assuming that nobody finds you attractive, when I’m sure there are women who will like this girl

she was very complimentary on your date
When life seems so short and it takes up to 20 dates to find somebody attracted as a bald guy, is it worth the effort or is they mental energy better spent elsewhere? I know that I'm going off on tangents in my post. In fact I had some weeks of nothing but work and gym (more work) and started questioning everything. Is money and status worth pursuing? Would having a family or a relationship just be more work to tire me down? I should make another thread. This is why I'm interested in philosophy.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I didn't care, I would not send the text. The two minutes spent to send it is a cost and the time could be spent elsewhere.

If a person asks another person out on a date, they are interested in going on a date and it would be disappointing to get a no. If they were indifferent, they wouldn't ask. Even this most basic bit of 'alpha' advice is nonsense in my opinion.

Rejection is part and parcel of the game, try and not to take it personally

the fact you are sending a follow up message means that you are putting yourself in a position to win

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
When life seems so short and it takes up to 20 dates to find somebody attracted as a bald guy, is it worth the effort or is they mental energy better spent elsewhere? I know that I'm going off on tangents in my post. In fact I had some weeks of nothing but work and gym (more work) and started questioning everything. Is money and status worth pursuing? Would having a family or a relationship just be more work to tire me down? I should make another thread. This is why I'm interested in philosophy.

You sound jaded

I would forget about the number, all you need is one person to say yes

when that happens your persistence will feel like it’s been worthwhile. Will also feel rewarding. Like your hard work has paid off