Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk bro , i dont think its that deep , if its from Bayer trails it would be confirmed by their website or somthing ...

I believe Bayer is a partner but not actually conducting the trials so nothing official would ever come from Bayer. They are simply bank rolling from my understanding.

lostandfind

Reaction score
Nice find. Is there anything else there? If I am seeing this right it does look these monkeys were basically cured in 6 months, and probably would be totally cured in a year. The trichoscope appears to show regression six months after treatment is discontinued, but no further regression until after the two year mark. By year 4 there appears to be more regression. The picture after 28 weeks of treatment appears to show a nearly full head of hair. If they kept on treatment long enough for it to grow out then they may well be fully cured. These pictures indicate to me that HMI-115 turns every tiny vellus hair into a thick, terminal hair. These pictures represent the best-case scenario anticipated from analyzing the data. This is phenomenal!
No more details. Here's the link of the article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/QFuAKNzmkNRhVWY7xOYq3Q

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Bayer is a partner but not actually conducting the trials so nothing official would ever come from Bayer. They are simply bank rolling from my understanding.
They aren't even bankrolling it. Bayer developed the drug for endometriosis. It was found accidentally that it grew hair in mice. The NHP center in China was already working with Bayer and found out about this so they wanted to test it in macaques for Androgenetic Alopecia. Even when it was shown to work Bayer had no interest in developing a drug for male pattern baldness. HMI negotiated a licensing agreement where they would pay for and conduct trials, and then split the revenue with Bayer when the drug is commercialized.

lostandfind

Reaction score
No more details. Here's the link of the article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/QFuAKNzmkNRhVWY7xOYq3Q
In addition, here's a video Professor Xiao Ruiping gave a public speech in 2019 on a forum where she released the same picture of the monkeys. It was very short and was in Chinese. Still no detailed info was mentioned about the experiment. But Professor Xiao said it's very promising and the effect of one injection can last several years.
https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200aigsizu/o0032ifi7ul.html

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition, here's a video Professor Xiao Ruiping gave a public speech in 2019 on a forum where she released the same picture of the monkeys. It was very short and was in Chinese. Still no detailed info was mentioned about the experiment. But Professor Xiao said it's very promising and the effect of one injection can last several years.
https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200aigsizu/o0032ifi7ul.html
This doesn't make any sense. I need to understand what is happening here.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find. Is there anything else there? If I am seeing this right it does look these monkeys were basically cured in 6 months, and probably would be totally cured in a year. The trichoscope appears to show regression six months after treatment is discontinued, but no further regression until after the two year mark. By year 4 there appears to be more regression. The picture after 28 weeks of treatment appears to show a nearly full head of hair. If they kept on treatment long enough for it to grow out then they may well be fully cured. These pictures indicate to me that HMI-115 turns every tiny vellus hair into a thick, terminal hair. These pictures represent the best-case scenario anticipated from analyzing the data. This is phenomenal!
And even the year 4 regression is far from the baseline.

lostandfind

Reaction score
Could you contact him and ask some questions? You know chinese I assume.
What quesitions do you refer to? According to my life experience in China it's almost impossible for a stranger like me to get the personal contact info of Professor Xiao and have her answer some undisclosed questions regarding a breakthrough drug for comercialization.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They aren't even bankrolling it. Bayer developed the drug for endometriosis. It was found accidentally that it grew hair in mice. The NHP center in China was already working with Bayer and found out about this so they wanted to test it in macaques for Androgenetic Alopecia. Even when it was shown to work Bayer had no interest in developing a drug for male pattern baldness. HMI negotiated a licensing agreement where they would pay for and conduct trials, and then split the revenue with Bayer when the drug is commercialized.

That's amazing to me. I wonder why. Surely there's a ton of money to be made.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope Medicine Inc. Announced Dr. Henri Nico Doods as Chief Executive Officer

"I am very honored to be the CEO of the company and would like to thank the founder Professor Xiao, the board of directors and all staffs of HopeMed for their trust and support. I am looking forward to expanding and influencing even further HopeMed's innovative R&D activities and continue to work alongside with the founder Professor Xiao to create more value for the company and help patients still in need for better treatments. Hope Medicine is a unique biotech in China, it has a talented team, dedicated investors, an attractive FiC research portfolio and most importantly a frontrunner asset HMI-115 that has got IND approval from the US FDA for Phase II clinical trial in endometriosis, and patient recruitment for the US Phase II clinical trial will start by Q4 of this year. It is an exciting time for the company, and I am committed to the mission and together with the team will drive innovation out of China to successfully reach our long-term vision to become a biopharmaceutical company serving the needs of patients globally." said by Dr. Doods.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope Medicine Inc. Announced Dr. Henri Nico Doods as Chief Executive Officer
Endometriosis doesn't help us much unfortunately. They mentioned in December 2020 that HMI-115 will be trialed in multiple indications in 2021 but it seems like they haven't received the approval to do that yet. So HMI-115 for hairloss will probably be delayed.

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Endometriosis doesn't help us much unfortunately. They mentioned in December 2020 that HMI-115 will be trialed in multiple indications in 2021 but it seems like they haven't received the approval to do that yet. So HMI-115 for hairloss will probably be delayed.
Why are all Androgenetic Alopecia medications delayed, or are they for most diseases?

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highlighted that part mosty because the newly promoted CEO verified (again) that HMI is the only big product in the pipeline. The fact that he didn't mention hair loss or other indications might not be good news, but at least he's balding so he has a vested interest.

JealDeal

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seemed to me that it was confirmed there were recruiting in Germany and China for the phase 2. Am I mistaken ?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the link from the previous page (https://translate.google.com/transl...s://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/QFuAKNzmkNRhVWY7xOYq3Q)

The second phase clinical trial in the United States is about to start, and the second phase clinical application in China has also been submitted, and the results are gratifying.
Always heard it's not as profitable for them because cosmetic things like hairloss isn't covered by insurance in the US.
I would think there'd still be tons of men willing to pay big prices out of pocket for a cure or near-cure.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seemed to me that it was confirmed there were recruiting in Germany and China for the phase 2. Am I mistaken ?
I always thought they would Do the Trial in Germany.

Unfortunately in the Link above only United States Are mentioned... :(

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought this was expected no? Or were you expecting this to be a one and done treatment?
I don't see how one dose can last for years, unless they mean one course of treatment(i.e. 6 months).