Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that over a few years the price of this possible solution would be affordable? (20/30k)
Yes. Should be comparable to a hair transplant in the US, so around that price for 6 months.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frontal areas can be done pretty well with transplants - if you have enough top/crown coverage to support it.

Minoxidil & Finasteride were both marketed as "only tested on the crown".

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that over a few years the price of this possible solution would be affordable? (20/30k)

f*****g hell. Over for poorcels.

20-30k should be the initial price if anything, after a few years I would expect it to drop to 2-3k otherwise it's ridiculous. For 20-30k I would expect very little short of full regrowth.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
maldito infierno. Terminado para los pobres.

20-30k debería ser el precio inicial en todo caso, después de unos años esperaría que cayera a 2-3k , de lo contrario es ridículo. Para 20-30k esperaría muy poco menos que un rebrote completo.
But would this be a unique treatment or would it have to be repeated from time to time?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell. Over for poorcels.

20-30k should be the initial price if anything, after a few years I would expect it to drop to 2-3k otherwise it's ridiculous. For 20-30k I would expect very little short of full regrowth.
It's a mAb dude, the average price is almost 100k for current approved treatment courses. This one might be cheaper but it's never going to be 2-3k. The covid anti-viral mAb that countries have been using is 2k a dose at bulk cost. Apply that to this, 24 doses for a years treatment, and you'd have $48,000.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

LoWS

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point in talking about the costs now, i know mAB is costly af based on other conditions, but hairloss is a mass market issue, price should be affordable if not in the US then in other countries. Drugs in USA costs a lot more in general. But before all this i would be relieved if this drug is safe efficacious, having a costly treatment >> no treatment.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point in talking about the costs now, i know mAB is costly af based on other conditions, but hairloss is a mass market issue, price should be affordable if not in the US then in other countries. Drugs in USA costs a lot more in general. But before all this i would be relieved if this drug is safe efficacious, having a costly treatment >> no treatment.
Yeah, the price is irrelevant at this point. We should just be hoping that this actually is a step towards a legitimate treatment or even semi-cure if it corrects the root cause of the problem. After that's been validated, we can worry about how much it will cost us.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does Hope Medicine start clinical Trial of HMI-115 in Australia of they have to do a Phase I there?

Why doesn‘t Hope Medcine Start clinical trials in US and Europe of they could start already Phase II and bring the Treatment much earlier to Market?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also the sooner they get 20 people enrolled the sooner we will get the trial results
Yeah, we should spread the word on Tressles and whatever other forums.
Well, the fact that there is a mass market for it doesn't mean they'll sell at a mass market price. Perhaps it can't even be produced at a mass market cost. If the price for existing antibody treatments is 100k, like trialAcc says, it could be comparable and if the price is 100k, for a lot of people, myself included, it may as well be 100 billion, that's completely out of my price range. I could sell everything I own and still be short.

So I disagree with the idea that we shouldn't worry about the price until we have the results, because what good are spectacular results if you can't ever have them. We can be sitting here with baited breath until next summer and then find out all the subjects regrew hair and then you gotta come up with 100k - so what good did it do us at that point that we know HMI is the cure? If this thing is gonna work for us, we either need to know it will be affordable or find some other drug to target the PRL angle with, because, again, if this thing is a cure, but costs 100k, for me, that's no different than there being no cure, because my finances simply cannot stretch that far, not even close, and I'm sure the same is true for a lot of people.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine selling HMI-115 to baldies for $2,000 while charging insurers $80,000 for HMI-115 for endometriosis. :D Never going to happen. If it takes a year of treatment then most people here probably won't be able to afford it.