Banned On Heralopecia For Posting On Behalf Of My Elderly Mother

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Believing in one self is a luxurious thing. Rarely is it a permanent fixture. Believing in one self and liking the whole package is another different idea(l) entirely altogether. Something like childish musing on the sill of an ivory tower while idly dreaming castles in the sky.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness has single handedly taken away my confidence, my freedom, my education, my friends, my boyfriend and my job. It has also made my relationship with my family worse. Tell me again how things could be worse?

Baldness has taken away a big part of my masculinity. It has also greatly lowered my confidence, self-esteem, motivation in life, and my happiness and well being in general. There's a lot more on how baldness has afflicted me negatively.

"There are too many of us whose life interests and overall sense of balance have been disrupted by it." That's one of the most down-to-earth and realistic things I've ever been told about hair loss. That was told to me by I.D WALKER, who is nice to have posting on here again.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
It was about a year ago my baldness got to the point I had to use a clippers and buzz my head down, I still don't recognise myself in the mirror. I cannot ****ing believe I am going to be a bald freak for the next 50 years till I croak. What is the point of that? The man I was is dead. Doesn't exist anymore. If I wear clothes I wore just 18 months ago I look like a 45 year old loser wearing young people clothes.

I would rather I had just died young and never had to experience this honestly. I'm not afraid of dying at all because it's just a few minutes of pain and that's it; I don't care at all about quantity of life, it's all about quality to me. I would rather be someone who aged well up to 35 and then died suddenly of a heart attack than be what I am: a guy in his twenties condemned to live an undignified life for the next half a century.

I just think for all of us here who went bald young: We never had a chance, did we?

I'm sorry you feel so low but completely understand. The fact that I'm going to live my life bald wearing a wig is unreal to me as well. This isn't happening to me, is it? It can't be... is what I think about it. But it still happened/happens. There is nothing we can do but watch our hair go and watch ourselves waste away. It's really fvcking sad, is what it is.

If I got the choice between living bald until I was 90 or dying at 30 with a full head of hair I'd choose the latter for sure. I'd rather live a full but short life than a long life in complete mental agony like now.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
One thing I will never ever allow to happen is pass these **** genetics on by having a kid.

Me neither... I actually went pregnant last year but had an abortion. No way I'm going to pass the curse onto an innocent child. This dies with me.

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support people, I appreciate it. I'm not going to let the actions of one feminazi mod (who has let the smallest amount of power go to her head) influence my opinion of the other members of that forum or the forum itself for that matter, since that would be irrational and I would be no better than her. There might very well be a toxic culture of misandry there perpetuated by that mod. Though I'd like to believe that were my thread not banned, that I'd have received replies from some members at least.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Baldness has taken away a big part of my masculinity. It has also greatly lowered my confidence, self-esteem, motivation in life, and my happiness and well being in general. There's a lot more on how baldness has afflicted me negatively.

This. It's come to the point where I don't even answer most of my friends calls because I have no pleasure in going out to see friends. Just 12.months ago I was a worry free normal 21 year old who really had a great outlook on life and big hopes for the future. Then I noticed this **** disease and everywhere I go I can't get my mind off my ugly fkn hair I have left. Some days I wake up and think "it's minor, it barely shows" and other days I just feel like I'm at a point where I should shave it. My confidence has never been so low and it sucks.
I have no drive to meet new people and engage in stimulating conversation cause I feel that everything I do now is fake, deep down I'm. Not happy so I don't know why I try so hard to portray thay I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Baldness has single handedly taken away my confidence, my freedom, my education, my friends, my boyfriend and my job. It has also made my relationship with my family worse. Tell me again how things could be worse?

I was speaking in terms of balding as a male. I can't even imagine how tough it must be. If it helps, my grandma married to my grandpa when she was bald wearing a wig and my grandfather had an nw1 and still does at 91..

What I mean is, being negative won't make anything better, so why make room for negativity, eventually it will just follow you around everywhere you go.

I went from a decent 7/8 to probably a 3 or 4 in the past 2 years all cause of this hairline and temples. It fkn sucks.. im home on a Saturday night when just a year ago I couldn't even remember the last Saturday night I was home. ....

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP you should appeal to that board regarding the ban if you still feel strongly about it. You seem like you would benefit from explaining everything to them and it may help your mother. Also that mod might be questioned on if this was a personal vendetta.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
im home on a Saturday night when just a year ago I couldn't even remember the last Saturday night I was home. ....

Me too. I was never home on saturday night before this, now I'm home pretty much every saturday night (with a few exceptions).
My God, I used to be fvcking beautiful and now I'm an ugly mess. All because of hair loss...

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
It was about a year ago my baldness got to the point I had to use a clippers and buzz my head down, I still don't recognise myself in the mirror. I cannot ****ing believe I am going to be a bald freak for the next 50 years till I croak. What is the point of that? The man I was is dead. Doesn't exist anymore. If I wear clothes I wore just 18 months ago I look like a 45 year old loser wearing young people clothes.

I would rather I had just died young and never had to experience this honestly. I'm not afraid of dying at all because it's just a few minutes of pain and that's it; I don't care at all about quantity of life, it's all about quality to me. I would rather be someone who aged well up to 35 and then died suddenly of a heart attack than be what I am: a guy in his twenties condemned to live an undignified life for the next half a century.

I just think for all of us here who went bald young: We never had a chance, did we?

Good thing is you are not alone, I used to always have my head shaved when I was younger and looked fine then at 16 I decided to grow it, did just that and loved it, then it started to thin on top at the front was only noticeable when wet but was very minor, I was probably in denial and blamed on head and shoulders shampoo, Then when i got into college Sep 2012 it had gotten slightly worse and realized that it wasn't the shampoo it was male pattern baldness and that I had fathers genetics (same thing happened to him at 16) then at 17 hairline receded and thinning even worse you could now see my scalp up close when hair was dry, then I got fed up with the thinning and shaved it off I got my father to do it and he said " Your receding" once he had finished I looked in the mirror and he was right (Nw2 i think), I was shocked,couldn't believe that it was happening and had a sickly feeling for 2 days, was also self conscious. And when you say that "you don't recognize yourself in the mirror" that is exactly what I felt too. It will get better as you get used to it in time but you will never be totally happy with it.

Like I said before it wasn't because "I shaved my head" that I looked different It was because the hairline had receded and didn't have a solid hairline anymore to frame my face.
and that is what is most important, the frame to the face.

Another thing that i didn't think would happen is the thinning part of the hair on my scalp is much slower at growing than the back, even the side burns and around the ear have thinned and now stick outwards and "frizz and curl" instead of laying flat to my skin like normal healthy hair would.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too. I was never home on saturday night before this, now I'm home pretty much every saturday night (with a few exceptions).
My God, I used to be fvcking beautiful and now I'm an ugly mess. All because of hair loss...

Hair loss hasn't changed your face (but age will someday--your body too). You will still be just as beautiful when you're wearing whatever helper hair you need (if any at all) at this point. Don't let your 20s go to waste. Just my advice, for whatever it's worth.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss hasn't changed your face (but age will someday--your body too). You will still be just as beautiful when you're wearing whatever helper hair you need (if any at all) at this point. Don't let your 20s go to waste. Just my advice, for whatever it's worth.

That is great advice, of course it doesn't change your face but it makes you look older and less appealing because of the hair what is left over plus you lose framing of face. (More so for males)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Joan, your concept and intention is worth millions, but in practice it's difficult to really observe. It might be the defining signature of our human condition to largely focus on what we've lost rather than nurture and rejoice in the good fortunes that remain. This among other things is the wasting nature of hair loss.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

Thanks for your advice, Joan.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is great advice, of course it doesn't change your face but it makes you look older and less appealing because of the hair what is left over plus you lose framing of face. (More so for males)

That's why I said she'll be just as beautiful when she's wearing helper hair (if she needs it yet). I think hair loss downgrades everyone's looks, even those aesthetically gifted, but to a lesser degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Joan, your concept and intention is worth millions, but in practice it's difficult to really observe. It might be the defining signature of our human condition to largely focus on what we've lost rather than nurture and rejoice in the good fortunes that remain. This among other things is the wasting nature of hair loss.

I agree. I think some of those "good fortunes" were accentuated by good hair and diminish without it, in my case anyway.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'll always adore you.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Evil's beautiful.., and YOU are in a class of your own.