Banned On Heralopecia For Posting On Behalf Of My Elderly Mother

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mother has been suffering from alopecia areata for a while now. I took her to the doctor but as usual when it comes to this they don't do much apart from some tests to rule out something more sinister. The doctor told us about steroid injections which could be a possibility and some other things but we left still feeling unsure of how to approach treatment.

My mother is an elderly woman who grew up in rural Ireland and stays away from anything more complicated than an old keypad mobile phone. So I went on heralopecia.com and posted on her behalf, making a detailed thread explaining that I was her son and writing her story and test results etc. just as we do here and asking for advice and help for her from people who had similar test results and symptoms.

The next day I sign in and find out I have been banned for being a male posting on heralopecia. Oh how mighty and powerful the female mod must have felt when she saw a MAN posting on that place and being the ugly man hating b**ch she is (both externally and internally) decided to ban me. I notice that there are several women on this forum, both because they are sufferers and on the behalf of sons etc. They are welcome here and we help them out because you know what ugly extreme mod on heralopecia, we are rational, sane, reasonable, logical and intelligent people here. I pity you.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss is an issue for both genders, not only for women. It's unbelievable that you went to that site posting for your mother in need of help, and you got banned all because you're a male.

#misandry

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I feel ya. I was banned from heralopecia.com too, for expressing depression and suicidal thoughts. Apparently the only acceptable way to post on heralopecia.com is in a positive "you go girl! that wig looks beautiful on you dear!"-way. There are no room for people who are struggling to accept their hair loss and suffer from depression. I became really fed up with being treated like that on heralopecia.com so I moved here. The discussion here is much more open and people are here because they actually want a solution for hair loss, not to compliment each others wigs and all this "you are beautiful regardless of your hair! be positive and embrace your baldness!"-crap.

I hope you enjoy your stay here more and that your mother gets the help she needs. If she has alopecia areata there is a chance she will grow back her hair, you know.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to read your mum's having a hard time. Hair loss isn't an issue generally for women though in the same way Cellulite isn't generally an issue for fellas

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"you are beautiful regardless of your hair! be positive and embrace your baldness!"-crap.

Yes this is why I really only post on this website as well, there are a couple other sites who embrace this type of attitude towards losing hair. **** that.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I remember a psychiatrist telling me how she had flaws and we all had flaws to make me feel better about my baldness.

Of course she was a hot woman in her late 20's. Flaws my ***.

Hah. Why is it that people who claim looks don't matter are (almost) always attractive themselves? What can they possibly know about being unattracive when they look hot?

The truth of the matter is that we're in 2015, and looks matter more now than ever.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mother has been suffering from alopecia areata for a while now. I took her to the doctor but as usual when it comes to this they don't do much apart from some tests to rule out something more sinister. The doctor told us about steroid injections which could be a possibility and some other things but we left still feeling unsure of how to approach treatment.

My mother is an elderly woman who grew up in rural Ireland and stays away from anything more complicated than an old keypad mobile phone. So I went on heralopecia.com and posted on her behalf, making a detailed thread explaining that I was her son and writing her story and test results etc. just as we do here and asking for advice and help for her from people who had similar test results and symptoms.

The next day I sign in and find out I have been banned for being a male posting on heralopecia. Oh how mighty and powerful the female mod must have felt when she saw a MAN posting on that place and being the ugly man hating b**ch she is (both externally and internally) decided to ban me. I notice that there are several women on this forum, both because they are sufferers and on the behalf of sons etc. They are welcome here and we help them out because you know what ugly extreme mod on heralopecia, we are rational, sane, reasonable, logical and intelligent people here. I pity you.

I wish I had some advice for your mother, but I have Androgenetic Alopecia so don't know much about AA. I have read that steroid injections can help. I'm a member of HerAlopecia, and I'm sorry to hear you were banned. I agree with EvilLocks and feel I need to hold back much of my negativity on women's forums. Most of you guys have made me feel welcome here, and, as I've said, I feel for you so much more than I do for myself. I think of how my son's (20) life may be when I read about all your experiences. Once I questioned why female celebrities with hair loss don't donate to Androgenetic Alopecia research, and another time I agreed that young women have it harder than us older ones, and I was met with some adverse comments. You guys are a dose of reality here, and even though I'm female and from a way different generation, I can relate to some of your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah. Why is it that people who claim looks don't matter are (almost) always attractive themselves? What can they possibly know about being unattracive when they look hot?

The truth of the matter is that we're in 2015, and looks matter more now than ever.

Looks have always mattered and always will. It's just that in 2015, I think the emphasis is on different physical attributes than, say, the '70s and '80s.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yeah Flop, your mom raised a good son. She's fortunate to have as caring an advocate. So yeah I can't appreciate why that forum refused to see the greater good in your honorable intentions.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
The only psychologist that "saved me" was one who didn't even follow the rules, because they're never supposed to give you advice!

She just said one simple thing: "Why don't you get a hair transplant?" Wow! You mean doing something about it directly instead of pretending I'm beautiful?

What a great psychologist. Telling it like there is, without sugar coating things. There aren't many psychologists like that I think, I've been through a few and they've all been completely useless.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should all spam the hell out of their forum and call them out on misandry.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Looks have always mattered and always will. It's just that in 2015, I think the emphasis is on different physical attributes than, say, the '70s and '80s.

You are right looks have always mattered, but I think in today's society they matter more than ever. We are constantly bombarded with pictures of flawless people and unrealistic ideals, especially us girls. Everything is about looks nowadays, so if you're ugly you're automatically an outcast in society. People glorify beauty like it's a talent, when in reality it's just people who have gotten lucky with their genetics. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're ugly you remain just that in other people's eyes, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried calling them out on it, and I was banned so... I made a new account though but rarely post.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

EvilLocks

Reaction score
YOU got banned? WTF?

Yes I was banned for being suicidal. Apparently they only want positive vibes on heralopecia. I tried calling them out on it and say that not everybody deals with hair loss the same way, but was ultimately banned. I made a new account but like I said rarely post. Their site makes me sick really, because not everybody shares the mentality of "beautiful wig girl!" "there are worse things than baldness!" "rock that wig girl!"

I'm sorry but I can't do that. Hair loss has made me very depressed but apparently being depressed over hair loss is not allowed on heralopecia.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I was banned for being suicidal. Apparently they only want positive vibes on heralopecia. I tried calling them out on it and say that not everybody deals with hair loss the same way, but was ultimately banned. I made a new account but like I said rarely post. Their site makes me sick really, because not everybody shares the mentality of "beautiful wig girl!" "there are worse things than baldness!" "rock that wig girl!"

I'm sorry but I can't do that. Hair loss has made me very depressed but apparently being depressed over hair loss is not allowed on heralopecia.

They sound like a bunch of insensitive pricks.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

That site sounds like a female version of slybaldguys even though it's not about wigs. People should be free to express their opinions like on this site. On here you will see a mix of wig wearers, people who buzz or treat their hair. But we all understand each other, most times!

They might have banned you due to the depression/suicide comment. I think some boards/sites are strict on that as they think that talking about it increases the likelihood of death. They don't want that on their record or conscious. I am just guessing but it could be a plausible theory.

In fact talking about depression or suicide doesn't increase the risk of harm, there was a study I read years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

EvilLocks

Reaction score
They sound like a bunch of insensitive pricks.

Yeah they truly are. I wasn't even overly dramatic, all I said was that baldness makes me want to die sometimes. There was a few other girls like me there, and it ended up with the moderator making a thread that said if anyone expressed suicidal thoughts on heralopecia they would be banned. I thought forums was supposed to be a supportive community where people could vent their inner feelings without being judged, but I guess I was wrong. That's why I'm glad I found this place, it's a much more supportive community that welcomes everyone no matter how they feel about their baldess.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Delusion. Like the fat acceptance movement. Or when you go talk to a mental health professional.

They will tell you all these lies to try to make you feel better. Of course I never fell for any of that, I've always been too aware.

I remember a psychiatrist telling me how she had flaws and we all had flaws to make me feel better about my baldness.

Of course she was a hot woman in her late 20's. Flaws my ***. And we all know hot women live life on god mode in 2015.

I'm starting to wonder if those mental health professionals have ever been of any help to anyone.

The only psychologist that "saved me" was one who didn't even follow the rules, because they're never supposed to give you advice!

She just said one simple thing: "Why don't you get a hair transplant?" Wow! You mean doing something about it directly instead of pretending I'm beautiful?

I'm sick of this society that runs on "feel good" mentality. You can never say something "negative", we all have to pretend no one's having problems or is depressed in their life.

There is def some things we are allowed to be negative about.. but keeping that mind set breeds more negative manifestation... a negative person will always be negative due to conditioning themselves to see the negative in everything. I've seen it first hand, a negative mind can ruin any good moment and honestly we don't need people like that. Although being positive about hairloss is ****ing hard and is understandable to be negative, it could always be ALOT worse

EvilLocks

Reaction score
it could always be ALOT worse

Baldness has single handedly taken away my confidence, my freedom, my education, my friends, my boyfriend and my job. It has also made my relationship with my family worse. Tell me again how things could be worse?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I would have been happier losing and arm or a leg than my hair.

And that speaks volumes about how soul destroying baldness truly is. At least without an arm or leg you could still recognize yourself in the mirror. With baldness it's like you're not even yourself anymore, and the person staring back at you in the mirror is a stranger.