Baldness Sexual Attractiveness

GeminiX

Reaction score
IBM said:
In real life bald man are unacceptable. I remember in university times there was a young guy that was near NW6. In 400 students everyone knew who he was and he was nicknamed as the "bald man".

"Oh who's James Lobonon?"
"The bald man"
"Oh I see that freak!"

No offence IBM, but that's not the real world at all, that's a bunch of twats.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
In real life bald man are unacceptable. I remember in university times there was a young guy that was near NW6. In 400 students everyone knew who he was and he was nicknamed as the "bald man".

"The bald man"
"Oh I see that freak!"

That's not true at all. My uni housemate went bald at the age of 20-22, and he shaved it off. That didn't make him less popular.

I don't recall even one incident where he was called a name.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I still believe that for the vast majority of young men who are balding or already bald that they are at a disadvantage to guys with a full head of hair, weather it is in the dating scene or the professional arena. Although the reasons for this are purely superficial anyone who is bald has experienced societies distain for their kind and we do live in a society that puts a disproportionately large importance on appearance and image. With that said, I do realize that being bald is just like anything else that is not within perfections range like being fat or ugly or whatever and that it is not impossible for us to make friends because there will always be people out there who's problems compliment your problems. Society is complicated and there are other factors that influence your success with personal/professional experiences than just your appearance. But unfortunately, many people put too much stock into appearances and will judge you based on the way you look, which is unfair. Many people who are bald look to excel in other areas of their lives to compensate for their hindered appearance. They have to work harder to get the job or the girl that the good looking guy with the full head of hair can get without as much effort which kinda sounds like the definition of handicap to me, given there are far worse handicaps than being bald.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:

It is many times. I have a friend who also was bald and everyone would make fun of him for it. I didn't because i"m not like that. And this was before I loss any hair.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ackers24 said:
dude if u like the girl and wanna ask her out then just go do it...f*** ur hairloss...she'll either say yes or no...you got nothing to lose...just go for it!!!

While you are it, go and try to become a milllionaire too. Because we all know everything is so "easy". You make it seem like everyone handles rejection the same way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I have a friend who also was bald and everyone would make fun of him for it. I didn't because i"m not like that. And this was before I loss any hair.

I see this happening at work every single day.

HatPrisoner91 said:
Ackers24 said:
dude if u like the girl and wanna ask her out then just go do it...f*** ur hairloss...she'll either say yes or no...you got nothing to lose...just go for it!!!

While you are it, go and try to become a milllionaire too. Because we all know everything is so "easy". You make it seem like everyone handles rejection the same way.

Are you really comparing something like asking a girl out which is pretty much not a big deal for most guys to, becoming a millionaire which 99% of people never achieve.

IBM

Reaction score
GeminiX said:

That's what i ask you. Three episodes happended to me.

1. I and a collegue at university were talking about team work. Then came in the conversation a guy called X. My collegue talk bad about this X. I always had a good impression of X guy. So i asked the X that used to hang out in your group. The guy said "yeah the bald guy (with scorn making a gesture in the vertex)". Then i said to him "Dont make fun of him because he's bald. I'm also going bald." Then he replied "You're going bald? I dont think so? Anyway in our degree everyone treats him as The Bald man" (with even more scorn and laughing).

2. There was a player in Sporting CP named Petar Krpan. This guy was a shaved NW7. Everyone fan of portuguese soccer made fun of him and his baldness.

3. In the company there's a bald men (NW5.5). So he was near of me and my collegue. There came my boss (the guy that we didnt get along) calling us from far walking toward us. "Hey hairy boys! Hey hairy boys!". He were attonished and shocked. Then he came very near and said "Oh you're not hairy boys. He's hairy boy" pointing to the NW5.5.

He were very angry so things werent the same anyone with that boss.

Edit: Not talking about jokes made to my hair when i had severe conditions which were pretty obvius.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
3. In the company there's a bald men (NW5.5). So he was near of me and my collegue. There came my boss (the guy that we didnt get along) calling us from far walking toward us. "Hey hairy boys! Hey hairy boys!". He were attonished and shocked. Then he came very near and said "Oh you're not hairy boys. He's hairy boy" pointing to the NW5.5.

As far as I know Portugal is in the EU, and the EU laws are very strict when it comes to discrimination, human rights, etc. If what you said really happened and you sound like you have enough witnesses, you could take that boss of yours to the employment court or something like that and get him sacked.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Are you really comparing something like asking a girl out which is pretty much not a big deal for most guys to, becoming a millionaire which 99% of people never achieve.

No im comparing it to people who make it sound like asking a girl out and getting turned down is easy and everyone can just let it roll off their back. There is a small percentage of people who are able to take rejection well and move on. Just like there is a small percentage of people who are just born to be millionaires.

GeminiX

Reaction score
IBM said:
GeminiX said:

That's what i ask you. Three episodes happended to me.

1. I and a collegue at university were talking about team work. Then came in the conversation a guy called X. My collegue talk bad about this X. I always had a good impression of X guy. So i asked the X that used to hang out in your group. The guy said "yeah the bald guy (with scorn making a gesture in the vertex)". Then i said to him "Dont make fun of him because he's bald. I'm also going bald." Then he replied "You're going bald? I dont think so? Anyway in our degree everyone treats him as The Bald man" (with even more scorn and laughing).

2. There was a player in Sporting CP named Petar Krpan. This guy was a shaved NW7. Everyone fan of portuguese soccer made fun of him and his baldness.

Edit: Not talking about jokes made to my hair when i had severe conditions which were pretty obvius.

IBM, I sympahise with you, but I also think you need a bit of a reality check. Three encounters with bad reactions to baldness is not society, it's three idiots.

And as Ali posted, if your boss is behaving like that and if you're in the EU, then your boss is in serious trouble if you raise a complaint about his behaviour.

Unfortunately, I feel that no matter what anyone on this forum says to you, you will probably ignore or disregard it, and continue posting with the negativity you do. This will not help you at all, unless it's attention you need, and even that will dry up as eventually even the most helpful members will drift away as they will tire of attempting to help someone who does not seem to want it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Like it or not there is a negative stigma attached to bald guys (the younger, the worse) and the teasing/rejection that we face as a result of that stigma is unfortunately very real. This kind of abuse can take it's toll on one's psyche after a while. A few days ago I went to a bar to cool off with a beer. I had my black beanie on even though it was like a hundred degrees. So this cute chick is bartending and I got this feeling that she liked me. So I start conversating with her and trying to be witty, I could tell she was impressed. It turns out that we know many of the same people...great conversation. Then this guy that I knew came up and he was smashed (he's been there everyday since he was kicked out of his girlfriends apartment) and he is totally, blatantly hitting on this bartender chick and I could tell it was making her feel uncomfortable. Which only worked to my advantage because he was making me look like a great guy in her mind. After drunk guy went back she came out from behind the bar and sat kinda next to me to watch the baseball game (but she could have watched from behind the bar..) and we talked some more. When it was my time to go we shook hands and then introduced ourselves and I could see in her eyes that she dug me. I just felt so depressed because I knew for a fact that things wouldn't have gone nearly so well if I didn't have my beanie on.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Just buy yourself some beautiful clothes. Clothes make all ugly people attractive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Like it or not there is a negative stigma attached to bald guys (the younger, the worse) and the teasing/rejection that we face as a result of that stigma is unfortunately very real. This kind of abuse can take it's toll on one's psyche after a while. A few days ago I went to a bar to cool off with a beer. I had my black beanie on even though it was like a hundred degrees. So this cute chick is bartending and I got this feeling that she liked me.
...... When it was my time to go we shook hands and then introduced ourselves and I could see in her eyes that she dug me. I just felt so depressed because I knew for a fact that things wouldn't have gone nearly so well if I didn't have my beanie on.
Maybe the fact that you were wearing a beanie indoors in 100 degrees was a givaway that you are bald/ing.
Without the hat it may have taken more effort but if she liked you as much as you suggest then perhaps you should go back this time without the hat.
Its a bit like a average looking guy saying she'd like me if I was good looking.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
In my experience a huge percentage of women mostly in the 20-35 range love men who are tall and well built with shaved heads. (as long as you can still see the hairline intact) Im not so sure about NW7 bald, but women who are around 35+ don't care at all about a mans hairloss. But who is interested in 30 something women anyway?

I would love to shave my head down as it really suits me, but my temple recession is much to large now, it just makes me look OLD. You need a good hairline to pull of the bald look. This is what many people dont realise.

You need the line of the hairline to still be visible. There is a big difference with men who shave by choice and men who shave because they have too :nono:

Its the former women are most attracted too :nono:
Do you realize how stupid you sound?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I havent lied about about a single thing on this forum.
The fact that you are a fan of the Pussy Cat Dolls says it all.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
omgstfuty2 said:
Im sick to f****ing death of it all.

I really am, f*** me I would have thought it would be common sense.Im f****ing pissed off with uit all.

Lets get things cleared, if your good lookijng, ur good looking with out hair.

If you cant pull it off, your ugly, weclomne to the shitty real world.

Thats fuckijng life.

Get a wig or get a f****ing clueand just f*** of
Dude! Get a shrink.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You have to agree that first impressions count for a lot, if you have a NW1 and a NW6 I'd guess that the NW6 will have to work harder to get people to endear to him.
I was a NW6 I always thought that people saw me first as a bald head and I had to talk them round to actually get them to see me as a normal person.
Just look at the people you gave as examples Jason Alexander, Larry David and Danny Devito all of whom are portrayed as socially inept characters.
Are Ving Rhames, Vin Diesel, Bruce WIllis, Jason Statham, Jude Law ever portrayed as socially inept characters?

No. Because no matter what you got to strut your stuff.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
OK, I have a question.

There is one particular girl I fancy (one of the few), I'm even thinking of asking her out the next time I see her, most probably in August. Anyway, her dad is NW4-5 bald, and her sister had some stress problems when at med school and she was losing hair like there is no tomorrow. Basically, this particular girl has the hair loss genes in her, and two of her family members suffered from it. Suffered is the wrong term, but you get the picture....

So, me being NW2-3 with a receding hairline and with the possibility of hitting NW4 in my 40s, do you think this girl will view me as an unattractive bald guy, or as someone normal?
Ya'll will both shave your heads and have some hot sex, probably have fun shaving each others entire body hairs to.
:ididit: :jackit: :jump: :laugh:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:

"The bald man"
"Oh I see that freak!"
Lebron James is losing his hair, do you think women give a sh*t? How about Vince Carter? Give chicks a reason to find you hot not reasons why they shouldn't.