Balding with zero androgens

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just as a disclaimer, yes my regiment is extreme and I know some people here will disagree with it.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’m a 24 year old male. I have been on dutasteride since 2018, I started balding late 2016 after I went on testosterone injections and gel for a couple months. I did this only to not feel as tired, it didn’t help and I stopped. Hair loss started then.
Since july of 2021 I was also on bicalutamide 50mg daily
Estrogen match .05mg then .1mg then injections of estradiol cypionate 2.5mg weekly subq, seems like this was when further thinning started. I’ve been off injections since late December.
I was taking cyprosteone acetate intermdiately until November/December. 25-12.5mg a week I think, maybe more.
I take a lot of supplements, vitamin c 1000mg dose vitamin d 10,000 iu vitamin a vitamin e 800 iu multi vitamin etc
Im a lot more thinner in the temples and also the center since last year. I have clumps and clumps of hair falling out in the bathtub where before this wasn’t the case. Could it be stress? Maybe but that doesn’t explain thinning in the temples and center. It’s significant.
My androgens are at rock bottom, all of them, including androgen metabolites.
I have a lot of blood work.

why is this happening? Shouldn’t the combination of zero androgens and estrogen help hair growth? My androgens are not only low but then they’re also being blocked at the receptor level by bicalutamide.
derms were of no help and just said “it happens it’s genetic” but it’s not, male pattern baldness is genetic and it’s caused by androgens killing the hair follicle but I have no androgens.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
just as a disclaimer, yes my regiment is extreme and I know some people here will disagree with it.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’m a 24 year old male. I have been on dutasteride since 2018, I started balding late 2016 after I went on testosterone injections and gel for a couple months. I did this only to not feel as tired, it didn’t help and I stopped. Hair loss started then.
Estrogen match .05mg then .1mg then injections of estradiol cypionate 2.5mg weekly subq, seems like this was when further thinning started. I’ve been off injections since late December.
I was taking cyprosteone acetate intermdiately until November/December. 25-12.5mg a week I think, maybe more.
I take a lot of supplements, vitamin c 1000mg dose vitamin d 10,000 iu vitamin a vitamin e 800 iu multi vitamin etc
Im a lot more thinner in the temples and also the center since last year. I have clumps and clumps of hair falling out in the bathtub where before this wasn’t the case. Could it be stress? Maybe but that doesn’t explain thinning in the temples and center. It’s significant.

why is this happening? Shouldn’t the combination of zero androgens and estrogen help hair growth? My androgens are not only low but then they’re also being blocked at the receptor level by bicalutamide.
derms were of no help and just said “it happens it’s genetic” but it’s not, male pattern baldness is genetic and it’s caused by androgens killing the hair follicle but I have no androgens.
And I thought I was unlucky.... God damn son.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Same here... Hair thinner on hrt... May be it's due to hormonal fluctuations

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here... Hair thinner on hrt... May be it's due to hormonal fluctuations
But how does that explain further temple and center recession? It’s not like it’s horrible but it’s noticeably worse. Thankfully my hairline isn’t that bad but it’s Just that I’m afraid that it will keep getting worse.
It shouldn’t
My hair loss should have been stopped in it’s tracks but somehow it’s worse with no testosterone no dht and no all other androgens, androgen precursors and metabolites.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how does that explain further temple and center recession? It’s not like it’s horrible but it’s noticeably worse. Thankfully my hairline isn’t that bad but it’s Just that I’m afraid that it will keep getting worse.
It shouldn’t
My hair loss should have been stopped in it’s tracks but somehow it’s worse with no testosterone no dht and no all other androgens, androgen precursors and metabolites.
Even I'm looking for answers.....since beginning hrt my hair has been pretty bad

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldn’t
You forgot ketoconazole shampoo thats why you continue to bald. Missing One of the big 3 is a big big mistake. Lol

Last edited:

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I thought I was unlucky.... God damn son.
You forgot ketoconazole shampoo thats why you continue to bald. Missing One of the big 3 is a big big mistake. Lol
Ketoconazole is a weak anti androgen and I do use a keto shampoo once or twice a week, not for that but to keep dandruff at bay.
To the point, I have NO androgens in my blood. A weak topical anti androgen shouldn’t have any positive effect on me because I have none to block.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Intrafollicular hormonal reactions to you limiting androgens. Your hormonal system is trying to compensate

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Intrafollicular hormonal reactions to you limiting androgens. Your hormonal system is trying to compensate
Can you go into more detail? I can say I don’t know what Intrafollicular hormonal reactions means.
Again I want to say that according to my blood work I don’t have any androgens
T is at 18, dht is below 1
Same thing for other androgens and also metabolites

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could this be fibrosis alopecia? Men are known to suffer less from auto immune disorders than women, I think it’s because of the presence of androgens.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole is a weak anti androgen and I do use a keto shampoo once or twice a week, not for that but to keep dandruff at bay.
To the point, I have NO androgens in my blood. A weak topical anti androgen shouldn’t have any positive effect on me because I have none to block.
Trolling ofc. But for me ketoconazole was the one that reduced my shedding the most and I use it twice daily. Leave in for 15 min.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail? I can say I don’t know what Intrafollicular hormonal reactions means.
Again I want to say that according to my blood work I don’t have any androgens
T is at 18, dht is below 1
Same thing for other androgens and also metabolites
Your follicles produce their own androgens. Your serum androgen levels ultimately don’t matter especially since you’re still losing hair. Use a topical anti androgen in addition to your current stack and observe any changes in your shedding. I recommend RU.
Trolling ofc. But for me ketoconazole was the one that reduced my shedding the most and I use it daily. Leave in for 10 min.
Have you tried a stronger topical anti androgen like RU?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your follicles produce their own androgens. Your serum androgen levels ultimately don’t matter especially since you’re still losing hair. Use a topical anti androgen in addition to your current stack and observe any changes in your shedding. I recommend RU.

Sure i have and its garbage.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If keto is effective for you and RU isn’t it might be that you didn’t use enough RU or maybe it was working by overly shedding you.
Nah it gave me permanent thin spots like alopecia areata that sh*t is poison happened to another guy on this forum, it gave him a thin spot that never regrew. And i didnt shed more on it maybe 5 to 10 more hairs. Used 200 250mg of it. Hair just dissapeared in healthy thick zones on my scalp. I have read others on reddit saying it thinned their hair out. I dont care how Good it works for you bro. But personally its poison for me.

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But wouldn’t any production of androgens in the scalp be blocked at the receptor level bicalutamide?
Also how can the scalp produce so many more androgens now vs before?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But wouldn’t any production of androgens in the scalp be blocked at the receptor level bicalutamide?
Also how can the scalp produce so many more androgens now vs before?
A guy here takes 50mg bica orally and oral minoxidill and oral dutasteride and he regrew his hairline. No need to use topical in your case. Oral os always better than topical.

Last edited:

Bungiejumper33g

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A guy here takes 50mg bica orally and oral minoxidill and oral dutasteride and he regrew his hairline. No need to use topical in your case. Oral os always better than topical.
Well I don’t take minoxidil but I do take bicalutamide and dutasteride and my hairline has gotten worse