Balding Early? You Must Balme Your Mother!!!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
huh grandfather's brother?" he isn't part of your ancestral bloodline unless your grandma wasn't faithful :p
So you can only get it from your father or your mother's father?
Mother's father must had been passed half of x linked bald genes to your mother and they are most important. So maternal genes(necessary)+ paternal genes(aggravators)= gift of baldness.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
My maternal grandfather had a Norwood 0 hairline and died with a full head of hair. So bollocks to this study.
On my mother’s side I have two cousins. Brothers. The older is 26, the younger is 24.
Always lived in the same city. Eaten same food. Made same sports (even same team).
Done same drugs. Breathed same hair.

The first is NW0. The second is NW6.
So, I call bullshit on the theories that:
- nurture beats nature w/r/t hairloss
- baldness is implicit in your parents’ genes. It is just how they recombine in you. In a way, it is your bad luck, not your bad genes.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
On my mother’s side I have two cousins. Brothers. The older is 26, the younger is 24.
Always lived in the same city. Eaten same food. Made same sports (even same team).
Done same drugs. Breathed same hair.

The first is NW0. The second is NW6.
So, I call bullshit on the theories that:
- nurture beats nature w/r/t hairloss
- baldness is implicit in your parents’ genes. It is just how they recombine in you. In a way, it is your bad luck, not your bad genes.

I have cousins with exactly the same story. One is NW0 and one has already shaved.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you people who thinks it is not much about genes can show twins with different hair status then I will believe . twins living in different countries for decades experience same hairloss extent and pattern wise ,unless one of them has treated his hairloss with drug.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you people who thinks it is not much about genes can show twins with different hair status then I will believe . twins living in different countries for decades experience same hairloss extent and pattern wise ,unless one of them has treated his hairloss with drug.

Twins can not run away, but brothers with same parents, one can be bald and the other one can be full head of hair. Motherfucker damn luck :(

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not true. Plenty of twins where one is bald/balding and the other is not. Hair loss is in the genes of every man, we just don't know the epigenetic trigger that causes it. No one gets to 80 years of age without a sign of hair loss. This whole "blame your mother" thing is not a reliable explanation. If DHT sensitivity was inherited from birth, we would all go bald in a few months after puberty arises and androgens start circulating the body. Look at the guys from Biffy Clyro, the drummer and bass player are twins. One of them went bald in his 20's, the other guy is a fairly thick NW2 and he's 38 now. I've never seen twins go bald in the same way, at the same time.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not true. Plenty of twins where one is bald/balding and the other is not. Hair loss is in the genes of every man, we just don't know the epigenetic trigger that causes it. No one gets to 80 years of age without a sign of hair loss. This whole "blame your mother" thing is not a reliable explanation. If DHT sensitivity was inherited from birth, we would all go bald in a few months after puberty arises and androgens start circulating the body. Look at the guys from Biffy Clyro, the drummer and bass player are twins. One of them went bald in his 20's, the other guy is a fairly thick NW2 and he's 38 now. I've never seen twins go bald in the same way, at the same time.
So what about recent genome wide association studies which found a clear link between AR gene and male pattern baldness ?
At least you cant ignore scientific evidence,will you?

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what about recent genome wide association studies which found a clear link between AR gene and male pattern baldness ?
At least you cant ignore scientific evidence,will you?
Keeping other factors in mind does not mean ignoring scientific evidence. Something causes genes to be expressed, gene expression is dynamic and external factors can influence it in ways that we don't fully understand yet. It goes deeper than just "baldness genes", it's clear to me that other factors are invoved.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keeping other factors in mind does not mean ignoring scientific evidence. Something causes genes to be expressed, gene expression is dynamic and external factors can influence it in ways that we don't fully understand yet. It goes deeper than just "baldness genes", it's clear to me that other factors are invoved.
So what is the switch then? What turns on that switch?

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is a switch as such, I think DHT has a detrimental effect on scalp hair, and sensitivity to it is what causes hairloss and the speed. Women go bald too, but much later to the extent that very few ever actually go bald. They probably have the same gene but not the same exposure to DHT but DHT works on them over time.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is a switch as such, I think DHT has a detrimental effect on scalp hair, and sensitivity to it is what causes hairloss and the speed. Women go bald too, but much later to the extent that very few ever actually go bald. They probably have the same gene but not the same exposure to DHT but DHT works on them over time.
Yeah, DHT has a detrimental effect on hair all over the scalp. The problem with baldness is when the sensitivity to it's effect becomes so high that the follicles enter into the telogen/exogen phase and never enter anagen again. Something increases sensitivity in the male pattern baldness zone, by altering the AR gene which Mandar mentioned.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Twins can not run away, but brothers with same parents, one can be bald and the other one can be full head of hair. Motherfucker damn luck :(

That would be probably be the worst circumstances of balding to be honest.

Think about your current situation, then imagine you have a nw0 twin. Devastating.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most striking example of father to son hair I've seen is definitely this:

dad.jpg

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also inb4 he's young. He's 38 now and his hairline is exactly the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6Sic-nNui/?hair loss=en&taken-by=djpaulyd

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most striking example of father to son hair I've seen is definitely this:

View attachment 103287

Look at tom hanks and his son: same pattern, Sean connery and his son both bald, Carl Reiner and his son both bald. then you have balding Prince charles who has more hairs than Williams and soon will have more hairs than Harry. Then you have the opposite clint eastwood and his son scott eastwood with a full head of hairs etc.. You see what I mean? It' just a lottery. you can have a family with all ancestors who had full head of hairs (both sides of the family mother/father) but you can still have male pattern baldness...

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at tom hanks and his son: same pattern, Sean connery and his son both bald, Carl Reiner and his son both bald. then you have balding Prince charles who has more hairs than Williams and soon will have more hairs than Harry. Then you have the opposite clint eastwood and his son scott eastwood with a full head of hairs etc.. You see what I mean? It' just a lottery. you can have a family with all ancestors who had full head of hairs (both sides of the family mother/father) but you can still have male pattern baldness...
If anyone had baldness up to 4 generation before you then he can still f*** you hairs. Esp maternal side ancestors.