Balding Early? You Must Balme Your Mother!!!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness I.e. androgenic alopecia is polygenic condition involving many genes. The largest study in 2016 conducted by researchers in Europe found many autosomal and sex linked genes in relation to baldness. The study itself interesting because it was largest and carried with precision.
I know this study had been discussed here before. But when I read the study I found something interesting . the study concluded that early baldness is mostly caused by X linked genes . AR and Ectodyplcine gene. AR gene showed strongest association for early onset balding . there are many genes on x chromosome that study implicated but the AR and EDAR genes were found to be cardinal prerequisite for baldness in early onset of male pattern baldness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5308812/
The study also estimated the SNP-based heritability of early-onset (56% (SE 22%) from the autosomes, 23% (SE 1.1%) from the X chromosome) and late-onset baldness (42% (SE 23%) from the autosomes, 10% (SE 5%) from the X chromosome).
As most of us knows we men inherit X chromosome from our mothers . so maternal genes are gatekeepers who decides whether baldness should come in or not.if they are corrupted they would allow baldness to come in.so if you are Early balder ,blame your mother! Or perhaps maternal grandpa.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be classed as Early Onset?

Also am I reading this right as “23% of early onset can be explained by X chromosome with a very very high degree of accuracy”?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding that starts in 20s or before 30 shall be classified as a early onset.late onset would be after 45 or anywhere near fifty.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
My maternal grandpa had a full head of hair even under chemo and here I am.
Daughters get their one x chromosome from their father.father gives his entire and only x chromosome to all of his daughters BC men possess only one x chromosome. So looking at maternal grandpa could give someone clues about his hair fate and other x linked traits. So if grandpa was bald then your mother surly carries that copy and chances of inheriting that copy for you is 50% .
In your case you might have inherited grandma x genes . if most of your maternal uncles are /were bald then their is solid chance of you going bald .I am sure all your uncles from mother's side are /were bald.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Daughters get their one x chromosome from their father.father gives his entire and only x chromosome to all of his daughters BC men possess only one x chromosome. So looking at maternal grandpa could give someone clues about his hair fate and other x linked traits. So if grandpa was bald then your mother surly carries that copy and chances of inheriting that copy for you is 50% .
In your case you might have inherited grandma x genes . if most of your maternal uncles are /were bald then their is solid chance of you going bald .I am sure all your uncles from mother's side are /were bald.

I only have one, but yes he is.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All 3 of my uncles on my mothers side have been cue bald since their 20's. I got the bad hair genes, my brother skipped it, he's 7 years older and little hair loss. I would be NW6 at 25 if I didn't have a transplant.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe in maternal inheritance theory?

I always blamed my dad for giving all kind of sh*t gene in the world: acne, oily skin, diamond shape face, and BALDING.

I loved my mom so much and I inherited NONE from her and her family: perfect skin, oval face and PERFECT hair.

So, this theory never worked for me.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always blamed my dad for giving all kind of sh*t gene in the world: acne, oily skin, diamond shape face, and BALDING.

I loved my mom so much and I inherited NONE from her and her family: perfect skin, oval face and PERFECT hair.

Gene studies say otherwise. They are stressing that AR gene from mother is crucial and necessary (if not sufficient). In your case you might have inherited AR gene from mother which has not shown its effect in your mother but it is making you bald in sync with your fathers bad genes.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gene studies say otherwise. They are stressing that AR gene from mother is crucial and necessary (if not sufficient). In your case you might have inherited AR gene from mother which has not shown its effect in your mother but it is making you bald in sync with your fathers bad genes.

Dont know man, my mom's hair is crazily full as f***, and no one from my mom's side is losing hair even at their 55s. My father's side, however, is bald as f***. However, my dad, was not obviously bald until he turned 40. And here I am, 26

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont know man, my mom's hair is crazily full as f***, and no one from my mom's side is losing hair even at their 55s. My father's side, however, is bald as f***. However, my dad, was not obviously bald until he turned 40. And here I am, 26
This baldness thing can hit anyone anywhere for no obvious reason.
But there are some solid evidence of maternal inheritance. But there could be hidden factors ,who knows!

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're a f*****g male for crying out loud, why would you champion an oval- shaped jaw? Do you Kpop bro?

Jelly Bean jaw f*cker you.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer an oval face, I prefer to have my mom's trait. Any problems with that ? I am crying due to baldness, not due to my face shape. You have problem understanding my main point ?
relax, I was joking satirically.

BinguBoyX

My Regimen
Reaction score
yuppp, balding gene so hard on my moms side that even my mom and her mother are losing hair fast as fk. Me and my siblings didn't stand a chance.