Bald Macho Marine to a Long haired woman

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to say no, but really I can't tell. A lot of men's choices arise out of their need to obtain women combined with the fact that women like money/material things. Conversely, a lot of womens choices are governed by the fact that they do not need to struggle in life to make money in order to get a mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dGhsRsHXP8

If men did not lust after women as much, this all would change. Who knows, maybe men would then be completely lazy and unmotivated to do any work. Who would build cars, computers, dig up oil, build and maintain power plants, farm, discover medical drugs?

So funny! Every time I watch Chris Rock with my husband, I keep saying to him, "OMG, he is right about that!"

Money and material things--I'm low maintenance. No gifts, flowers, vacations. My husband has never bought me a piece of jewelry. My one vice would be cosmetic surgery. I don't care about expensive clothes, manicures, etc. As long as we can pay our bills, I'm happy.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
As long as we can pay our bills, I'm happy.

Paying bills costs money :mrgreen:

Consider a situation where your husband loses his job, and is unable or even better, unwilling to get a new job.
Now consider the dual situation where you lose your job.

In which situation would your marriage take the bigger hit?

All men live under this implied threat.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's a fair question and not simple to comprehensibly articulate Many men/women might not share my view.
It may be more of a visceral experience for me or just a guy thing?
Women may be equal, but for me (and I'm not a mama's boy) I have generally seen them in a higher station than their counterparts.
Combining their/your intriguingly appealing endowments I see: beauty, brains, strength and wit.
Conscious of it or not, this is the type of power women wield, and more than that.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Money and material things--I'm low maintenance. No gifts, flowers, vacations. My husband has never bought me a piece of jewelry. My one vice would be cosmetic surgery. I don't care about expensive clothes, manicures, etc. As long as we can pay our bills, I'm happy.

I'm quite low maintenance as well, although I do like a gentleman who pays for our meal every now and then at a restaurant. I also love flowers. Aside from that, I prefer to buy my own clothes and accessories.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm quite the opposite! Very young, but look 10 years older lmao!!

How old are you?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paying bills costs money :mrgreen:

Consider a situation where your husband loses his job, and is unable or even better, unwilling to get a new job.
Now consider the dual situation where you lose your job.

In which situation would your marriage take the bigger hit?

All men live under this implied threat.

True, but we live within our means. Our bills are basic.

I "work" (it's not work at all, really) 10 hours per week, so, of course, the bigger hit would be if he lost his job. There are some marriages, though, where women make the same or even more than their husbands. In that case, the opposite would be true.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes it's rather extreme. I really meant yielding to our basic sex drive merely as a means to and end. ****ing merely for the fun of it. (-:
Sex object implies no respect though. That word just doesnt seem right.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Evil locks you would fit in here for sure. Joan too. Honestly. Id - beers mainly. Don't worry I'm Norwood spotting ad well as talking to women, I'm not single otherwise this would be great.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a fair question and not simple to comprehensibly articulate Many men/women might not share my view.
It may be more of a visceral experience for me or just a guy thing?
Women may be equal, but for me (and I'm not a mama's boy) I have generally seen them in a higher station than their counterparts.
Combining their/your intriguingly appealing endowments I see: beauty, brains, strength and wit.
Conscious of it or not, this is the type of power women wield, and more than that.

I think you are referring to the example your mother set for you regarding beauty, brains, strength and wit. I think it's true that some women will possess more of those traits than men and vice versa (men can be beautiful too). My father was superman to me, a role model in many ways. My mother is loving too, but my father was my hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Evil locks you would fit in here for sure. Joan too. Honestly. Id - beers mainly. Don't worry I'm Norwood spotting ad well as talking to women, I'm not single otherwise this would be great.

See, EvilLocks? You could encounter guys like Wolf Pack if you went out on the town! He's great for our egos (and we both know he's in a position to be picky).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm a '"kept man" CF, (Haha) just what are you implying?

- - - Updated - - -

No my mom never moved me like that. I found her redeeming qualities much later in my life.
I think you are referring to the example your mother set for you regarding beauty, brains, strength and wit. I think it's true that some women will possess more of those traits than men and vice versa (men can be beautiful too). My father was superman to me, a role model in many ways. My mother is loving too, but my father was my hero.

- - - Updated - - -

See, EvilLocks? You could encounter guys like Wolf Pack if you went out on the town! He's great for our egos (and we both know he's in a position to be picky).

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, gotcha. Yeah, because even if it's a one night stand, you still have to put in some effort in order to have sex. You wont just blindly have sex with someone. There must be some sort of interaction.

A frriends with benefits would be considered using each other as sex objects I guess lol. But I feel like those never work, one side will capture feelings.
Every single time I try to get close with a girl, merely just in a friendship, either she gets feelings for me, or I get feelings for her. Which is why so many girls and guys just do one night stands. Anything further than that has the possibility of resulting in a relationship, and many people dont want that. They just want to have fun.
In fact, I watched a video titled "Can girls and guys ever be close friends." and one of the guys said that he only befriends girls whom he does not find attractive. Every other pretty girl, he uses the motto "Either f*** me or f*** off. Lol. It was an interesting thing he said thought. Wonder what your guys thoughts are on that.

And EvilLocks, I'm not even in college yet :(

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I think you are referring to the example your mother set for you regarding beauty, brains, strength and wit.

Actually no, I agree with ID. Women have beauty, we covet it. A lot. Combine this with the fact that women are the choosers, most men secretly have an inferiority complex. Even the 5% of men who are handsome, the handsomeness comes later in life (in 20s/late teens). The adolescent years are still spent nose pressed against an invisible window gazing longingly at pretty women.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
A frriends with benefits would be considered using each other as sex objects I guess lol. But I feel like those never work, one side will capture feelings.

This is true. I had a friends with benefits, and after almost 2 years on and off he confessed he had feelings for me all along, something I didn't. But it could also have been the other way around.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

For once the term be confident is appropriate :)

I appreciate though, when people are down, going out is not as fun. For me it's a great way to unwind and forget anything.

Personal and spontaneous gifts are best. I am not fussed either although my gf makes a fuss at times. I prefer just hanging with someone I like.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually no, I agree with ID. Women have beauty, we covet it. A lot. Combine this with the fact that women are the choosers, most men secretly have an inferiority complex. Even the 5% of men who are handsome, the handsomeness comes later in life (in 20s/late teens). The adolescent years are still spent nose pressed against an invisible window gazing longingly at pretty women.

Men have just as much beauty too; it just takes a real woman to see it. My high school yearbook quote: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

When I run into guys I knew from high school, I think most of them look better. One in particular I ran into this winter was a bit dorky back then, and he looks a helluva lot better now. Some of the women aren't so lucky.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
:)
Its one of the fav books of my SO

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know french neither have i read the book, but i have some wonderful memories associated with the quote :)

Anyway, that person is sporting a wig right?

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay! jus read the whole thread, you definitely are a good presence here on the forum :). Have a nice day!