bad hair transplants and signifcant others/suicidal thoughts

Aplunk1

Reaction score
minoxidil can't grow hair around the follicles where your transplanted hair was put in?

That's crazy...

Does Folligen help with the inflammation at all?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
minoxidil can't grow hair around the follicles where your transplanted hair was put in?

That's crazy...

I think both folligen and nizoral help with inflammation.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess if they weren't destroyed by the plugs were inserted. But I've been using minoxidil for 10 years, and that's the result.. THough for a while I didn't really use it, maybe 6 months...

I think folligen cause the inflamation, either that or a combo with 12.5% xandrox cause. It felt like it was burning when I put it on last night..

Aplunk1 said:

That's crazy...

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 year anniversary bump - contains pics

hey, it's been a year now since I posted this..

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hey Recboi, this is the first time I've seen your pics and to be totally honest with you you are overeacting hugely!
I wont give you any bu****it here your hair does not look great. BUT it does'nt look that bad either its much better than mine even the hairline, mine is worse but the difference between you and me is that you still have nearly all of the rest of your hair while I dont! This talk of suicide is just crazy.
I've lived as a nw6 and now appreciate what I got from my hair transplant's even though they were mostly bad ones with the exception of my last op. I still need more work and will probably never get to the position of looking as good as you hair but I'm not crying about it.
Ps Most people dont take as much notice or scruitinise other peoples hair as us hairloss sufferers do and most people dont have a clue about hair transplant's so they would'nt be thinking about your hairline. I see people everyday with crazy looking and bizarre hair that is totally natural everybodies is different.

G

doesn't look bad to me man. i wouldn't have guessed you had a transplant if i saw you in person. not saying that you don't feel bad about your experience because i'm sure you do but i honestly expected a lot worse than those pictures. i would be happy to have hair like that at 30-40.

G

If Finasteride can prevent your hair from falling out you aren´t in such a bad position. I see that your forehead, like mine :cry: , is big but I think for someone in your 30s it doesn´t look that bad. Nevertheless I understand the pain you feel about your hair. Let´s hope it stays like that for many years.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
recboi,

read your initial mailing and thought this guy must look a right mess, then scrolled down to the pix and guess what?

well lets just say it looks 100x better than my hairline....cos i aint got one.

appreciate what you got now coz when its gone you'll wonder why you didnt.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hey Recboi, this is the first time I've seen your pics and to be totally honest with you you are overeacting hugely!
I wont give you any bu****it here your hair does not look great. BUT it does'nt look that bad either its much better than mine even the hairline, mine is worse but the difference between you and me is that you still have nearly all of the rest of your hair while I dont! This talk of suicide is just crazy.
I've lived as a nw6 and now appreciate what I got from my hair transplant's even though they were mostly bad ones with the exception of my last op. I still need more work and will probably never get to the position of looking as good as you hair but I'm not crying about it.
Ps Most people dont take as much notice or scruitinise other peoples hair as us hairloss sufferers do and most people dont have a clue about hair transplant's so they would'nt be thinking about your hairline. I see people everyday with crazy looking and bizarre hair that is totally natural everybodies is different.

Before I had the corrective procedures done, people would come up to me and make fun of me and my obvious hair transplant. Adults would do that.. Remember, they used my ENTIRE donor supply ona tiny area of my head. I'm screwed for the rest of my life now unless BHT or multiplication becomes a reality.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
If Finasteride can prevent your hair from falling out you aren´t in such a bad position. I see that your forehead, like mine :cry: , is big but I think for someone in your 30s it doesn´t look that bad. Nevertheless I understand the pain you feel about your hair. Let´s hope it stays like that for many years.

Remember, that's my hairline WITH hair transplant.. Without it, it would be an inch or more further back. I would look like a total mutant. I was born with a massive forehead, though it's gotten worse with recessesion. So even with hair transplant, it's still massive. And those are flattering pictures. I can take pics from some angles that make it look absolutely enormous.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
recboi,

read your initial mailing and thought this guy must look a right mess, then scrolled down to the pix and guess what?

well lets just say it looks 100x better than my hairline....cos i aint got one.

appreciate what you got now coz when its gone you'll wonder why you didnt.

Um, that's my hairline with hair transplant that used up my entire donor supply.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
askas said:
Man I wish I had such transplants! If your frontal ares is the only worry, that's good!

i have bad scarring, and I'm wearing a hat today because I can't hide it because my hair is too short. I don't know how I'll be able to handle work tomorrow.. I have a bunch of freaking holes all over the back of my head AND a huge line scar too.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, nice to finally see your hair, I can see why it's f*****g with your head but expected it to be much worse, you should just grow it out and buy a cool looking cap, as you say.. there isn't much you can do about it until there are further developments..

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
Hey, nice to finally see your hair, I can see why it's f****ing with your head but expected it to be much worse, you should just grow it out and buy a cool looking cap, as you say.. there isn't much you can do about it until there are further developments..

I look balder when I wear baseball hats! I have no side of head hair so you can just presume I'm one of those 30+ guys who wears a hate because i'm balding.

I can't grow out my hair. it looks so gappy and it looks like a toupee when it gets out of control... looks like James Trafficant or whatever his name is... I can't win. It looks horrible tall, and it looks horrible short..

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did you try topikk or something like that?

G

i tell you this. you have to go through this. its your life. period. either do what you think of sometimes or change it, but i think you dont want to go on living like that, do you?

why not go to dr. cole. he is great in removing plugs. then you are balder than now, but at least you have no plugs anymore.

best is, let them be transplanted to your scar on the back. so maybe you might shave it after. then you look at least normal again.

i know, erm knew a guy who killed himself some days ago. i met him just a month ago and i played chess with him. i ate with him, i invited him to a girlfriend of mine, i talked to him. now he is dead. thats weird. he was a nice guy and very intelligent. he looked good, and had great hair, which he colored a bit. he even had make-up in his face. and some color around his eyes. he hated himself. that was why he killed himself. before i knew him, he had a self-killing-try already. it didnt work. but now he was "successfull".

ya, just that you know what kind of people kill themself and how it feels for other people after. really, he had great hair and looked good...

G

keep on living recboi. in 3-4 years hair multiplication should be here. try to stay this time.

s.a.f

Reaction score
He barely needs more than a few 100 grafts anyway! :roll: