bad hair transplants and signifcant others/suicidal thoughts

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you were in my shoes, you would understand. The only other poster here who had bad transplants wears a hat 24 hours a day, even in his home in front of his wife. He's that embarrassed by it.. If you don't have it, you cannot possibly fathom how bad it is to be mutilated. I have none of the options you have. I cannot shave my head, because I'm horribly scarred. I cannot get transplants again, because I've run out of hair. You could go to a good doctor and have a realistic transplant if you so choose. I cannot. IT looks unnatural now, and it's only going to get worse, not better. I should feel good or positive about what now?

Freestyle said:
Well, now it just seems like you WANT to feel like a social freak. Like you're looking for excuses to wallow in self pity.

If so, then that's your perogative.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
Freestyle said:
Well, now it just seems like you WANT to feel like a social freak. Like you're looking for excuses to wallow in self pity.

Unnecessary.

Though, from those photos recobi, your hair doesn't look bad at all.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I gotta get some batteries for my camera.. But if I brushed my hair forward, you can easily see the plugs and gaps.. like in the pics, in semi bright light, the plugs are pretty visible, more so on the right side. The left is kinda okay, I could live with what's on the left. But the looks bad. It's funny, it seems like the middle is pluggy, but when I look in the mirror I don't really see what I saw in the picture..

The main problem is that I'm out of donor hair. It was all used up on a tiny portion of my head.. And I'm going to lose what's behind it, leaving only the thin, semi pluggy, transplanted hairs.

Lopfraze said:
Freestyle said:

Unnecessary.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
I should feel good or positive about what now?

Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe the fact that you're alive?!?!

You got a bad beat. People get worse. You got some bad transplants that you think make you loook like a freak. Some people lose their limbs in accidents. I saw a doco about a guy who lost his whole face to cancer and has to wear a prosthetic face.

Like Jeffsss, hair loss issues are not the root of your problems. Some people here have NO hair, yet remain optimistic and good-natured. You two are prepared to kill yourselves because your hair's not what it used to be. I'm not a psychologist, but it's clear as day things just aren't working right under the hood if slight hair problems give you suicidal tendencies.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
OK, so you're out of donor hair. I know it feels like the end of the world - but that's far from the case. Concentrate on getting it off your mind, knowing that the next thing will come along. Maybe for you it will be hair multiplication. Regardless of what it is, you have to improve your state of mind now. Getting your head screwed on straight is infinitely more important that your hair. You are self-destructing and that's a major overreaction.

recboi said:
I gotta get some batteries for my camera.. But if I brushed my hair forward, you can easily see the plugs and gaps.. like in the pics, in semi bright light, the plugs are pretty visible, more so on the right side. The left is kinda okay, I could live with what's on the left. But the looks bad. It's funny, it seems like the middle is pluggy, but when I look in the mirror I don't really see what I saw in the picture..

The main problem is that I'm out of donor hair. It was all used up on a tiny portion of my head.. And I'm going to lose what's behind it, leaving only the thin, semi pluggy, transplanted hairs.

Lopfraze said:
Freestyle said:

Unnecessary.

strikernr

Reaction score
I've gone through all your posts recboi and i feel for you. Your worry is genuine just like anyone else's here but think about this my friend...like others have told you here i would say the same and that is...just go out have fun man. Stop worrying about your hair for a minute and smell the air outside. If you for a minute forget about your hair and go on with your daily routine without worrying about it, i guarantee you, you will notice a big difference in your attitude and they way your perceive your daily life. I know its simple to says..oh its just the hair....and i know its not that easy to forget...but man you have to move on. I've less hair right now than what i had a month ago. My hair loss just deteriorated like crazy. The hair loss anxiety kicks in every now and then and i get depressed too. I've my co workers who are around the same age as me 24, stare at my hair when they are talking to me. Its embarrassing and it kills your confidence but if you let it get to you like that it will destroy you.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's a big difference between stuff that involuntarily happens, and stuff that you chose to do. I chose to get transplants beggining at the age of about 20. That guy you mentioned didn't choose to get cancer. Im pissed that a decision of mine I thought was going to improve my appearance made it much worse. Again, there's another guy on here with transplants that will not even show his head to his wife... You cannot understand it until you experience it.

Freestyle said:
recboi said:
I should feel good or positive about what now?

Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe the fact that you're alive?!?!

You got a bad beat. People get worse. You got some bad transplants that you think make you loook like a freak. Some people lose their limbs in accidents. I saw a doco about a guy who lost his whole face to cancer and has to wear a prosthetic face.

Like Jeffsss, hair loss issues are not the root of your problems. Some people here have NO hair, yet remain optimistic and good-natured. You two are prepared to kill yourselves because your hair's not what it used to be. I'm not a psychologist, but it's clear as day things just aren't working right under the hood if slight hair problems give you suicidal tendencies.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By the time some technology comes along, and by the time I can afford it, I will be an old man. Until then, I will do what I did in my 20s. Hide, not socialize, etc.. When Itried to , I got made fun of, in really bad ways. I saw shrinks all throughout my 20s, and there was nothing they could do. And I constantly told them that the only way they could help me is by giving me a time machine.

There's no overreaction going on here. If you were in my shoes, you'd feel the same way.

hairwegoagain said:
OK, so you're out of donor hair. I know it feels like the end of the world - but that's far from the case. Concentrate on getting it off your mind, knowing that the next thing will come along. Maybe for you it will be hair multiplication. Regardless of what it is, you have to improve your state of mind now. Getting your head screwed on straight is infinitely more important that your hair. You are self-destructing and that's a major overreaction.

recboi said:

Lopfraze said:
Freestyle said:

Unnecessary.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bad hair transplants = no confidence.... And it doesn't grow on trees. It is impossible for me to not worry about it. I'm so conscious of it now, that I can't even stand anywhere near the lights on the metro...

I did what you suggested years ago.. I had deluded myself into thinking it looked okay.. Some dude at a bar walks up to me and starts pulling on my hair. This was before the graft excisions though.

sh*t like that really screws you up. IT's impossible to forget about it when you know that if the wind blows it might move some hair in the back and your scarring is visible.. or the plugginess is really visible in bright lights.

strikernr said:
I've gone through all your posts recboi and i feel for you. Your worry is genuine just like anyone else's here but think about this my friend...like others have told you here i would say the same and that is...just go out have fun man. Stop worrying about your hair for a minute and smell the air outside. If you for a minute forget about your hair and go on with your daily routine without worrying about it, i guarantee you, you will notice a big difference in your attitude and they way your perceive your daily life. I know its simple to says..oh its just the hair....and i know its not that easy to forget...but man you have to move on. I've less hair right now than what i had a month ago. My hair loss just deteriorated like crazy. The hair loss anxiety kicks in every now and then and i get depressed too. I've my co workers who are around the same age as me 24, stare at my hair when they are talking to me. Its embarrassing and it kills your confidence but if you let it get to you like that it will destroy you.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
That's where you're wrong. It is an overreaction. You said it yourself - there's nothing you can do about it today. So if there's no action to take today, then why make every other aspect of your life hellish today? To punish yourself? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe you got ahold of a bad doctor - OK - that sucks, but you have to move ahead and work on the next thing. Staying locked away from the world is going to keep you from progress - in fact it is destroying you by your own choice. There will be something to help your problem...but you have to leave your home and get living or it might not show itself. You wouldn't be a candidate for any procedure at this instant because you're not capable of making a rational decision right now. I think that if a supermodel walked through your door, you wouldn't even recognize it...and if you did, you'd probably tell yourself that she's just there to make fun of your hair! I bet you tie everything in your life back to your hair. Everything. Am I right?

You see, anything that I say you're going to come back with a reason why you can't do it. "Go out" I say. "I can't" you say, because some fool at a bar grabbed your hair a few years ago. So that's all it takes for someone to knock you out of action for years? If only our terrorist enemies were as easy to defeat! Dude.

Here's an idea - don't go to the bars. I think that's too harsh an environment for you, even if you had a chia pet head of hair, in your fragile state. Have you considered trying something a bit less intimidating? Perhaps volunteer work? If only you could divert your wasted energy to help someone else who is in more need. Somone without a home, someone sick, someone with....nothing that you have. Maybe that would help with perspective a bit - and you would meet other people who have their priorities straight.

Have you considered a church group? I don't know what stage of life you're in, but the "good ones" can be found in greater concentration in such venues vs. bars anyway. Friend, the girls that are worthy of your time are not going to care about hair or scars. They're going to care about your personality, your caring, and how fun you are to be around. Those are the areas you need to address immediately, because no girl worth her salt is going to make an effort to get to know you if you're so inwardly focused (i.e., selfish).

recboi said:
By the time some technology comes along, and by the time I can afford it, I will be an old man. Until then, I will do what I did in my 20s. Hide, not socialize, etc.. When Itried to , I got made fun of, in really bad ways. I saw shrinks all throughout my 20s, and there was nothing they could do. And I constantly told them that the only way they could help me is by giving me a time machine.

There's no overreaction going on here. If you were in my shoes, you'd feel the same way.
[/i]

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd believe you if I didn't live where I do.. But unfortunately this is the only place where i can do my work.. The people are here incredibly materialistic and superficial. I see bald guys get made fun of all the time. I think the saying "short, bald, and fat" gets said by females more than any other phrase that they use to insult someone....

You ask the impossible. It's not possible to not be self conscious if you have a deformity or mutilation. I'm sure the guy with the prosthetic face feels pretty damn bad about it.. I'm sure a guy with one leg is going to have a MUCH harder time meeting a woman, and he's also going to be self conscious of it.

In bright light, you can totally see through the transplanted hair and see the plugs and cobblestones. My only hope IS in bars because the lights are dark, and I can finally appear to look semi-normal.

To say looks don't matter is total bs. Women are superficial. Men are superficial. The only nonsuperficial people on the planet are blind people. I now have an obvious defect, one that's very noticeable and prominent due to it's location. If it were the back of my leg, my arm, feet, whatever, it wouldn't matter so much to me at all. But people see your face and head. And if my goal is delude myself into thinking that nobody notices or nobody cares, then I'd be a total fool, because people do notice, and they do care. Google "bad hair transplants" and see what you find.. And remember, there are plenty of men in this world. And if all things being equal, one guy has good hair, the other has bad transplants, she's going to pick the guy with good hair. If you don't believe that, then your perception of humanity is really off.

hairwegoagain said:
That's where you're wrong. It is an overreaction. You said it yourself - there's nothing you can do about it today. So if there's no action to take today, then why make every other aspect of your life hellish today? To punish yourself? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe you got ahold of a bad doctor - OK - that sucks, but you have to move ahead and work on the next thing. Staying locked away from the world is going to keep you from progress - in fact it is destroying you by your own choice. There will be something to help your problem...but you have to leave your home and get living or it might not show itself. You wouldn't be a candidate for any procedure at this instant because you're not capable of making a rational decision right now. I think that if a supermodel walked through your door, you wouldn't even recognize it...and if you did, you'd probably tell yourself that she's just there to make fun of your hair! I bet you tie everything in your life back to your hair. Everything. Am I right?

You see, anything that I say you're going to come back with a reason why you can't do it. "Go out" I say. "I can't" you say, because some fool at a bar grabbed your hair a few years ago. So that's all it takes for someone to knock you out of action for years? If only our terrorist enemies were as easy to defeat! Dude.

Here's an idea - don't go to the bars. I think that's too harsh an environment for you, even if you had a chia pet head of hair, in your fragile state. Have you considered trying something a bit less intimidating? Perhaps volunteer work? If only you could divert your wasted energy to help someone else who is in more need. Somone without a home, someone sick, someone with....nothing that you have. Maybe that would help with perspective a bit - and you would meet other people who have their priorities straight.

Have you considered a church group? I don't know what stage of life you're in, but the "good ones" can be found in greater concentration in such venues vs. bars anyway. Friend, the girls that are worthy of your time are not going to care about hair or scars. They're going to care about your personality, your caring, and how fun you are to be around. Those are the areas you need to address immediately, because no girl worth her salt is going to make an effort to get to know you if you're so inwardly focused (i.e., selfish).

recboi said:

[/i]

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
OK recboi, I figured so much. I don't believe for second that everyone in your town or city is materialistic and superficial, not for one single second. That's an absolutely absurd generalization. It certainly begs the question of where you live. Care to share?

By the way, I'd hardly put you in the same class as those who've lost their face or a leg. That's some crazy a$$, perspectiveless talk.

I'll await more "buts."

recboi said:
I'd believe you if I didn't live where I do.. But unfortunately this is the only place where i can do my work.. The people are here incredibly materialistic and superficial. I see bald guys get made fun of all the time. I think the saying "short, bald, and fat" gets said by females more than any other phrase that they use to insult someone....

You ask the impossible. It's not possible to not be self conscious if you have a deformity or mutilation. I'm sure the guy with the prosthetic face feels pretty damn bad about it.. I'm sure a guy with one leg is going to have a MUCH harder time meeting a woman, and he's also going to be self conscious of it.

In bright light, you can totally see through the transplanted hair and see the plugs and cobblestones. My only hope IS in bars because the lights are dark, and I can finally appear to look semi-normal.

To say looks don't matter is total bs. Women are superficial. Men are superficial. The only nonsuperficial people on the planet are blind people. I now have an obvious defect, one that's very noticeable and prominent due to it's location. If it were the back of my leg, my arm, feet, whatever, it wouldn't matter so much to me at all. But people see your face and head. And if my goal is delude myself into thinking that nobody notices or nobody cares, then I'd be a total fool, because people do notice, and they do care. Google "bad hair transplants" and see what you find.. And remember, there are plenty of men in this world. And if all things being equal, one guy has good hair, the other has bad transplants, she's going to pick the guy with good hair. If you don't believe that, then your perception of humanity is really off.

hairwegoagain said:

recboi said:

[/i]

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Believe me, where I live is bad. Virtually everyone is a transient and they are attracted to the wealth and power here..... VERY unpleasant people.

hairwegoagain said:
OK recboi, I figured so much. I don't believe for second that everyone in your town or city is materialistic and superficial, not for one single second. That's an absolutely absurd generalization. It certainly begs the question of where you live. Care to share?

By the way, I'd hardly put you in the same class as those who've lost their face or a leg. That's some crazy a$$, perspectiveless talk.

I'll await more "buts."

recboi said:

hairwegoagain said:

recboi said:

[/i]

Aplunk1

Reaction score
This is my opinion of those pics you posted:

There's nothing wrong with the way your hair looks. Dude, you're freaking out too much.

I think you look fine, man. Please don't be suicidal about the nature of your hairloss. If you're ever in Las Vegas, I'd buy you a beer, then we'd get some young chicks, or hookers, depending on the night!

haha,

Goodluck buddy,
and I think you'll be just fine.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I do not believe you. "Virtually" is a safe thing for you to say, though...as a marketing guy, I must give you props. However, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

From which locale do you hail?

recboi said:
Believe me, where I live is bad. Virtually everyone is a transient and they are attracted to the wealth and power here..... VERY unpleasant people.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Aplunk, I'm flying to LV tomorrow for business. If I had time, I'd steal your invitation for beers.

And yes, I agree about his photos. I do not see it.

Aplunk1 said:

There's nothing wrong with the way your hair looks. Dude, you're freaking out too much.

I think you look fine, man. Please don't be suicidal about the nature of your hairloss. If you're ever in Las Vegas, I'd buy you a beer, then we'd get some young chicks, or hookers, depending on the night!

haha,

Goodluck buddy,

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know, I might take you up on that.... I finally have some money I can gamble or whatever away...

Aplunk1 said:

haha,

Goodluck buddy,

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DC

I'll take more pics... The pics I took showed attempts at camouflaging... I can make them look obvious... especially when wet :(

hairwegoagain said:
I do not believe you. "Virtually" is a safe thing for you to say, though...as a marketing guy, I must give you props. However, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

From which locale do you hail?

recboi said:

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics

I will take some pics later where I manipulate my hair to make the pluggy look really obvious.. And there's an empty spot on the right where I have continued to receed after hair transplant, either that or they never put anything there..

pluggycloseup.JPG

pluggyright.JPG

pluggyrightbetter.JPG

Aplunk1

Reaction score
What was this thread for again?

What the heck, dude. You're hair looks great. Especially when it's curly, it makes it look way more thick. Plus, girls love curly hair. I wish I had my curls back.

You're officially crazy. You're transplants look great and unnoticeable. You don't need anything else. I don't know your age, but it's totally acceptable to have a natural-looking hairline like the one you have.

Take some Xanax, have 3 beers, and get your dick sucked = the cure to your worries.

Haha, but seriously, you look great man. I don't see any problems on this end. I don't see any thinning either. I think that you're setting your expectations too high, especially when it comes to being scared to talk to women.

You live life between your ears, man. Your hair doesn't look like it's getting worse (worse isn't the word I'm really trying to use here). There's always options, and there will be more.

That's my two cents, at least.