Asmed - Norwood 5/6 Pattern - My hair transplant Journey Has Began... Asmed/dr. Koray Erdogan

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: 2 weeks on the new regimen.
Finasteride 1mg for a year and a half, minoxidil 5% 2x day for one year and a half, and dutasteride 0.5mg once a week for the last 2 weeks

mxlznJ.jpg

RwCUe0.jpg

BoODv7.jpg

8BMuG2.jpg

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting point march 2016
DM0Hg5.jpg

Current October 2017
BoODv7.jpg

Still want more density, lets see if dutasteride allows a bit more gaining and then a FUE to the hairline and crown if possible.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so dutasteride helped you ? you just used it once a week ?
and you didn't shed with minoxidil ? you didn't get white flakes with it ,?

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Michel, not sure about the dutasteride because i just started it 2 weeks ago, but i think my hair is feeling a bit thicker already just with adding dutasteride to my regimen. I dont think i ever shedded from minoxidil but if you see my starting point, there wasnt a lot to shedd there.. lol.
With the foam i didnt get white flakes, with the liquid minoxidil i get a few powdery white on my hair but i dont care.. i prefer to retain hair :) i also feel the liquid minoxidil is more effective for me

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're result are honestly crazy man!
how much minoxidil do you use to your vertex / hairline ?
you didn't get dark circle or wirnkles with minoxidil ?
no sides with fina /duta ?

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Michel, i probably use around 2ml 2x or 3x a day, no dark circles.
RegardIng the anti androgens when i started finasteride for a few weeks i had brain fog and increased libido, but thats your body adapting to the hormonal change, all normal ever since. With the addition of duta i havent felt anything

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The worst you can do is give up at the first sign of side effects, perseverance is the word and they will go away. In my case they did and the increased of libido was beneficial in my case at that time lol

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
What?! He is not recovering that hair on
the top of his dome without a transplant even if a great responder to meds.

His immaculate donor needed to be utilised

Loled.

Yeah OP, are you Arabic or Middle Eastern in descent? Looks like it. You guys have the f*****g thickest follicles on the planet. Your hair looks like pubes. And I don't mean that in a bad way! Just teasing. It's just you guys have such incredibly big (diameter) hair shafts and with that slight curl, they could take half the hair out of your donor area and no one would notice.

Amazing regrowth. You're a lucky guy. That's fantastic. Good luck. You could definitely do a bit better with a density transplant but you've already won the game.

Be happy.

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noup, I'm south european.
But yeah, i still need a FUE to increase the density behind the hairline and at the crown :)
Whats sick in this disease is that if i ever stop the medication no doubt ill be completely bald.

Last edited:

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 weeks on dutasteride 1x a week, finasteride 1mg everyday (since March 2016) and minoxidil 2x a day also since 2016

a2g0UX.jpg

X9q2jT.jpg

mtaOxr.jpg

No side effects from dutasteride adition so I might increase the duta to 2x a week to see if any further thickning and regrowth
Also just ordered to my conpound pharmacy to built a special prepared minoxidil (8% minoxidil + azelaic acid + medroxyprogesterone + cafeine) and finasteride gel 2.5% for topical application. Will collect next week and start using it immediately

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just looked at the first page, you were just about slick bald! So much coverage. You ballin Mario

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well topical I have finasteride gel 2.5%, haven't started using it yet. Still on oral finasteride and dutasteride and topical minoxidil. Will add the topical finasteride in the new year

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well topical I have finasteride gel 2.5%, haven't started using it yet. Still on oral finasteride and dutasteride and topical minoxidil. Will add the topical finasteride in the new year
I saw a study somewhere that something like 30% of dht will still bind to your follicles and shrink them regardless of how low your dht levels are, that should probably be the most useful thing in your regimine.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think topical spironolactone (S5 plus cream) is strong enough as an anti androgen if used with duta and fina?